Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 02:04 PM

493 posts, read 385,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Have you read the Old Testament? Please do.
I'm no longer a Jewish and as a Christian I read the NT about the life and teachings of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 02:04 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
I agree with you here.

To answer your Q from earlier, this piece of news barely got any press from the MSM and as we can see the perpetrator has been released. I just have a hard time believing that if this was a Muslim that the MSM would have ignored it and that the accused would be walking the streets as we speak. There's a dangerous double standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No, you have not.
From page 1...

You edited your post. This post is about Christian terrorism in the USA and reporting it, which the MSM tends to ignore. Islamic terrorism would be a topic of another post or news bulletin, not this one.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:06 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
I agree with you here.

To answer your Q from earlier, this piece of news barely got any press from the MSM and as we can see the perpetrator has been released. I just have a hard time believing that if this was a Muslim that the MSM would have ignored it and that the accused would be walking the streets as we speak. There's a dangerous double standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No, you have not.

I understand your concern about media double standard. But if this is the purpose to start this thread, you could have said "Christian extremist made deadly threat against Muslim community, no media outrage" We can discuss accordingly.

Your OP makes me believe that you just want to point out Christian extremists are just as bad as Muslim extremists, which many here would agree. But Muslim terrorism seems to be a global political movement, in my humble opinion. So yes, your religion has indeed been hijacked.
That is not the answer I was looking for.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:06 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
I'm no longer a Jewish and as a Christian I read the NT about the life and teachings of Christ.

The Holy Bible includes both the New and Old Testaments.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:25 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
When I was a Jew I was taught to dislike Christians because of Jesus Christ and the trinity thing. I'm not shocked you being the same due to being brainwashed and misguided.

Terrorism/Violence is not justified in Christianity, but it is in Islam. You must read the Quran, and the life of Muhammad. You know that Muhammad beheaded hundreds of Jews? It wasn't Christ that did that. Open your eyes, stop hating people or justify it based on few individual people!
My dad is Christian, try again.

What should I have believed when people burned a cross on my front lawn because we were Jewish? Or threw rocks/bricks through out windows because we had a menorah (next to a Christmas tree)?

I don't hate Christians, but it seems very much that a subset of Christians hated me and my family.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:29 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Why can't the good ones control the bad ones. Those people need to get themselves under control. Deport all of them... LOL

Old 06-04-2015, 05:45 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
I don't believe in the Quran, and Muhammad was a false prophet. I truly hope he did not exist because I feel bad for Aisha and all his other wives and companions. Quran belongs to the fiction section. Believe in Muhammad should be illegal in the US because it calls for people to treat infidels as second class citizens, call for beheading, killing and violence.
I don't believe in the the Christian Bible and Jesus was a false prophet. You don't see me burning the New Testaments that have been left in my mailbox (but none of my neighbors ) or handed to me on the street. I either turn them down or give them to the Goodwill. I wouldn't dream of burning *any* book, much less another's religious book, no matter how much I disagree.

Where did Jesus encourage you to disrespect other faiths?

Old 06-04-2015, 07:25 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
The fact that there are Muslim extremists/terrorist does not make Christian terrorism any more justifiable.

Which, that's all that this person seemingly was planning to do. Terrorism.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:36 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Sadly, people equate defending Islam with defending terrorists. Do your best to ignore them.
I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with you!

Old 06-04-2015, 07:52 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Deport them for what?
I'm not being serious. Many posters attribute the evil of one to the whole group - except Christians. I'm applying the same "logic" that many apply to Muslims to show how ridiculous it sounds. Although, I highly suspect that message is not getting through. Meh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies