Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 05:57 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times

Advertisements

There are hundreds of millions of people who would like to emmigrate and live America. The wisest policy would be to select only the cream of the crop based on:

1. What they can contribute to society

2. How well they will fit in

3. What risk they present

I wouldn't stop muslim immigration entirely, but a candidate of that religion would need to score very high on the 1st criteria to make up for the problems with 2 and 3 posed by his religion.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:05 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkieBoy View Post
Your sort of thinking may bring America to ruin. The sylogism you are using seems to be:
The Germans were once considered to be an "odious affliction".
Today muslims are considered by some an odious afflction.
Therefore the ultimate impact of Muslim immigration will be the same as for German immigration.

This is to ignore the vital issue of the differences of VALUES between different immigrant groups. The German immigrants were European Christians. Their bible did not advocate jihad. No one had to watch their places of worship for terrorist activity.The Germans quickly became good Americans.
You write that my post "exemplifies how and why terrorist/dictatorships take control." Please clarify. I'm taking a markedly ANTI-terrorist position in my posts. My feeling is we'll get a dictatorship when lax immi-gration policies--advocated by cliche-mouthing bleeding hearts--create an unliveable mess in America.
You write "We all know that emotionally charged people are the loudest." That sounds like something out of a CNN or CNBC leftist rap session, where gratuitous andcondescending gibes against conservatives go unchallenged.Muslim-created terrorism is and ought to remain an emotional issue. Seeing one's fellow countrymen being killed by terrorism ought ot affect one's emotions, unless one is a robot or a liberal for whom ideological rantings takes the place of normal feelings.
As for our being a nation of ideas, just what are some of these ideas? Cultural and physical suicide
via immigration?
Oh yeah those Germans didn't have any negative or violent ideas coming out of their society Other than their ultra-nationalist, world domination thing which morphed from WWI in to WWII in to being a not just ultra-nationalist but also ultra-racist.

Did you know that there was a chapter of the Nazi party in the USA? Do you know that these ideas permeated and continued in to neo-nazi and skinhead ideology? Oh the things people would learn if they read books and not blogs/opinions...

Old 06-13-2015, 06:17 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Oh yeah those Germans didn't have any negative or violent ideas coming out of their society Other than their ultra-nationalist, world domination thing which morphed from WWI in to WWII in to being a not just ultra-nationalist but also ultra-racist.

Did you know that there was a chapter of the Nazi party in the USA? Do you know that these ideas permeated and continued in to neo-nazi and skinhead ideology? Oh the things people would learn if they read books and not blogs/opinions...
Here you go again.

"Look, look at other evils in this country." NO ONE should be discriminated against. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. No one wants to be looked down upon, or be viewed as enemy alien. Muslims can be able to enjoy the freedom they deserve in this country, shall we say? Because of German, Italian and Japanese-American? America has moved on, has learned from history. no?

Most Germans came because of civil unrest, severe unemployment, or almost inconceivable hardships at home.

From 1820 to 1870, over seven and a half million immigrants came to the United States — more than the entire population of the country in 1810. Nearly all of them came from northern and western Europe — about a third from Ireland and almost a third from Germany. Burgeoning companies were able to absorb all that wanted to work. Immigrants built canals and constructed railroads. They became involved in almost every labor-intensive endeavor in the country. Much of the country was built on their backs.

I am sick and tired of people always associate Germans with Nazis and Japanese with pearl harbor.

GET OVER IT

Old 06-13-2015, 06:19 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Do people think that legal Muslim immigration
is worth the risk it entails of placing the entire
American way of life in danger? Virtually all
terrorism these days is seemingly carried out
by native American Muslims or their sympathizers.
Has anyone considered that this most odious problem
might be severely curtailed in we stopped
allowing Muslims to immigrate?
This is not generalized message of hate. I'm
aware not all Muslims are terrorists. I just
don't get why my American lifestyle should be run ragged
by a recently arrived immigrant group.
When you say all terrorism, do you mean terrorism in the US or the world? Because the numbers vary quite a bit when comparing the two. Based on what you said about 'native American Muslims' it leads me to believe you're talking about the former (than and world statists have less importance when dealing with domestic immigration policy). Most terrorist attacks committed in the US are carried out by Latin American nationalists, while only 6% of terror attacks in the US are carried out by Muslims.

And in what way is 'American lifestyle,' which is a vauge and virtually meaningless term anyway as America is quite ideologically diverse, being threatened? Threats to the status quo, which is pretty much what you refer to here, can come from any place.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:22 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Here you go again.

"Look, look at other evils in this country." NO ONE should be discriminated against. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. No one wants to be looked down upon, or be viewed as enemy alien. Muslims can be able to enjoy the freedom they deserve in this country, shall we say? Because of German, Italian and Japanese-American? America has moved on, has learned from history. no?

Most Germans came because of civil unrest, severe unemployment, or almost inconceivable hardships at home.

From 1820 to 1870, over seven and a half million immigrants came to the United States — more than the entire population of the country in 1810. Nearly all of them came from northern and western Europe — about a third from Ireland and almost a third from Germany. Burgeoning companies were able to absorb all that wanted to work. Immigrants built canals and constructed railroads. They became involved in almost every labor-intensive endeavor in the country. Much of the country was built on their backs.

I am sick and tired of people always associate Germans with Nazis and Japanese with pearl harbor.

GET OVER IT
*I* didn't make any connection. The OP was acting as if the German immigrant group came over the Atlantic ready to be full-fledged, tolerant Americans at a 100% rate, which is simply inaccurate.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:24 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Angry LBJ & McNarara plan of war!

Quote:
Do people think that legal Muslim immigration
is worth the risk it entails of placing the entire
American way of life in danger? Virtually all
terrorism these days is seemingly carried out
by native American Muslims or their sympathizers.
Has anyone considered that this most odious problem
might be severely curtailed in we stopped
allowing Muslims to immigrate?
This is not generalized message of hate. I'm
aware not all Muslims are terrorists. I just
don't get why my American lifestyle should be run ragged
by a recently arrived immigrant group.
No. Put hold on any all Muslim Immigrants. I do not trust them to obey American Law, never mind commit a act of terrorism.

The Flip side is President Obama has no comprehensive plan to take ISA and Radical Islam. President is trying to be everyone's best bud. Its not going to work and Obama is unwilling to be decisive in any plan.

We need to get the problem controlled before we can address Muslim immigration.
We have seen the Dart method of dropping bombs. I think anther Democratic President tried it and failed .LBJ

Old 06-13-2015, 06:29 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
After 9/11, I had hoped that the powers that be would have woken up and put a stop to all Muslim immigration as most come from countries that are hostile towards us. For a while, there was NSEERS where all foreign-born Muslim males had to register with the government. NSEERS worked quite well as the Muslims who were here illegally self-deported. Some large numbers showed up at the Canadian border and asked to be taken in---and Canada did allow them in. A neighborhood in Brooklyn, dubbed Little Pakistan, lost 2/3 of its population at the time. Then of course the bleeding hearts started whining about how horrible NSEERS was and demanded that it be stopped. Sadly, it was. Not only did we stop making Muslim males register with the government but we continued to let in even more Muslims.

Far too many Muslims don't assimilate. Plus they treat their women and girls like dirt. It saddens me to see a Muslim man wearing shorts and a T-shirt while following behind him is his wife who is covered head-to-toe and in many cases, her face is covered with only a slit so that she can see. They allow their young sons to dress in western clothing while the daughters dress like their mother. We, in this society, are not about treating our women so poorly. We also don't condone honor killings, female cutting, and forced marriages.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:40 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
May the ghost of Cpl. Sultan Khan visit your dreams tonight.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:50 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
^And your point is what, exactly? And, of course, he isn't the only Muslim to serve.

You do know after 9/11, many Muslims in the military had to ask their Imams if it was okay for them to fight in Iraq, right?

Then there is Major Hassan who killed his fellow American soldiers at Fort Hood.

Then there is Sgt. Hasan Akbar (a Muslim convert) who killed his fellow soldiers in Iraq via grenade attacks.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:06 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^And your point is what, exactly? And, of course, he isn't the only Muslim to serve.
My point is that many, many more Muslims from immigrant families have died serving this country than have attacked it. And that you're p.ssing on their graves with a blanket condemnation, saying that going forward, people of their faith are just not worthy of becoming Americans.

Quote:
You do know after 9/11, many Muslims in the military had to ask their Imams if it was okay for them to fight in Iraq, right?
That sounds rather made-up.

Quote:
Then there is Major Hassan who killed his fellow American soldiers at Fort Hood.

Then there is Sgt. Hasan Akbar (a Muslim convert) who killed his fellow soldiers in Iraq via grenade attacks.
Shall I start posting more gravestones with half-moons? There's plenty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies