Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 07:05 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

The Governor of SC, Nikki Haley has called for the Death Penalty in this case.

Nikki Haley: Charleston shooter deserves death penalty - Nick Gass - POLITICO

Old 06-19-2015, 07:11 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes. If there were a law against buying a gun for a gift that would have made a big difference.
Wait, let me get this straight. This murderous little monster put his crazy self out on display for his friends and family to see. His family knew he was off kilter, yet they still got him a gun. Do you actually believe they would have followed the law? Of course not. Anybody who would have given this nut a gun would not have followed a law saying they couldn't give this nut a gun.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:15 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Wait, let me get this straight. This murderous little monster put his crazy self out on display for his friends and family to see. His family knew he was off kilter, yet they still got him a gun. Do you actually believe they would have followed the law? Of course not. Anybody who would have given this nut a gun would not have followed a law saying they couldn't give this nut a gun.
Moreover, the reason he hadn't bought a gun for himself is because his background had already made it illegal for him to purchase one...which is why they gave him one as a present.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:17 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
When I saw Reagan, I almost wasn't going to watch that. But I did anyway, and it blew my mind. Reagan saying something that I actually agree with.

Of course he said that after being a victim of gun violence himself. Most people would be a lot more for gun control after they get shot once.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:18 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Does anyone else find this guy's name amusing? Dylan Storm Roof? Storm Roof? He's white trash personified.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:19 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
This is the very brave woman (White) who helped police capture the killer. Knowing what he did, she still chased him down. Very brave as he could have tried to kill her too.

Debbie Dills spotted Dylann Roof and chased him until police caught him in Shelby | Daily Mail Online

Old 06-19-2015, 07:21 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Does anyone else find this guy's name amusing? Dylan Storm Roof? Storm Roof? He's white trash personified.
Amused, no. But the name is very appropriate for him.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:23 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Default Too many questions, not enough answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Armed children are polite children.

It would probably stop the bullying problem dead in its tracks.
What a horrible play on words.

Where is the value and respect for human life? Diseases and natural disasters take too many lives. Why kill innocent people?

Some of these young killers, seem like spoiled rotten kids, that when life hands them a bad card, they have to take it out on the world. Why? There are so many questions and so many lives destroyed and lost because of selfish, greedy, uncontrollable people.

Praying, driving, walking, going about our lives.....minding our own business.....and getting killed? How can we stop the madness?

I have been praying for Peace, since I was a little kid. What a pipe dream.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:24 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
This is simply unacceptable. This kid is guilty as sin, we all know this. To me, there is no question on what to do with him.
Drop him into the ocean, and call it a day.

It is time America got with the program and started to take serious action for this type of behavior. We need to let people know, this is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. I'm sick of hearing about these crazy people killing other people, and then getting trials.

Why isn't the Boston bomber kid still even alive, this to me is a no brainer. What about the young men and women that we are finding that want to be a part of ISIS?, find them, drop them in the ocean......kill them before they kill us. What is our judicial not getting about this?

What about the loon that killed the people in the Colorado movie theatre?, why is he still even alive? I don't want my tax dollars supporting him in jail. I don't want my tax dollars feeding him. He should have been dropped into the ocean the day after he killed those innocent people.

so now we see this retard killing 9 people in a house of God, no doubt..................I feel he should be executed immediately and cut this BS already.

I read the article, and one thing that bothered me was he was arrested on "suspicion" of murder, "suspesion"???? are you kidding me???

Unacceptable, simply unacceptable

Old 06-19-2015, 07:25 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Background checks are already in the current laws. You have to get an FBI background check for handgun's.

Lets address the issue at hand. Pill addicted racist crazy thug did this and is responsible for his actions. Could also be seeking fame etc... Not enough known yet.
But here we have a set of parents, knowing their kid had major issues, with two run-ins with the law already under his belt, thought it acceptable to GIVE him a .45 acp Glock for his 20th birthday.

C'mon now; let's duscuss how effective these background checks really are if they can be circumvented as easily as handing a firearm across the dinner table to an outstretched hand. What were they thinking?

My list of questions would go something like this:

Why would these parents ignore years of his displaying anti-social behaviour?

Where did his racist thoughts originate and how were they reinforced so as to become so entrenched?

How was this numbnutz able to function with no skillset and no job/income?

Why did the 'village it takes to raise a kid' not whup his azz when seemingly EVERY single one of them interviewed now, knew he had major and obvious issues?

Why would these parents, knowing all of the foregoing, totally ignore all prudent common sense and give him a weapon.

Why would these parents think that there would be no repercussions or responsibility faced for circumventing the legal procedures for providing this boob with a firearm?

Lastly: How freak'n common is this tendency to pass firearms around like so many transformer toys to people who obviously should not have them?

Last edited by BruSan; 06-19-2015 at 07:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies