Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2015, 12:12 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Maybe so but it's the pharmacist's job and not the recipient. We have to do that now with sudefed.
Scrip info for other meds aren't sent to the db.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 12:19 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As far as I know, we don't have a record of mass shootings by people on cancer drugs.
Egg-sackly. There's myriad literature on the violence-ideation that SSRIs are associated with. Akathisia is a one of the more notorious symptoms of SSRI neurotoxicty. In trials used to approve the drugs in the early 80s, rats that couldn't stop trying to work off their akathisias no matter how hard they rode their wheels where interpreted as being 'happy' as visually observed.

You ever hear of the phrase 'Prozac killing'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Are you saying that we should not look into and consider the high number of people that do this that have been diagnosed with problems and are on some sort of drug because it might stigmatize others? That if there is some correlation that we have to ignore it because it might stigmatize others? Is that what you are saying?
I'm saying that their advocates keep telling the public that 'mental illness' isn't associated with incidents of increased violence, that they're actually more likely to be susceptible to it--and they're right. But by the same token they're setting up these consumers as lifelong psychiatric patients where no physiological problem existed, and where the drugs are dangerous--leaving many with permanent iatrogenic disfigurement--and often proven no more effective than placebo.

And also, that the medical industry has created an immense, and largely unwarranted, middle- and lower-class of new psychiatric patients by virtue of well-funded maketing campaigns, urging them to consume while reassuring them there's no stigma.

Last edited by mm4; 06-20-2015 at 12:33 AM..

Old 06-20-2015, 12:40 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,783,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
I guess this was what it was like before alcohol prohibition was enacted.
Alcohol prohibition actually did decrease alcoholism, but there are too many gun-fetishists and paranoid idiots in America for gun prohibition to ever work. The people on this board alone are enough to make me think there would be a lot of violence if such a law ever went into effect. Alex Jones would probably incite hundreds, even thousands of murders as soon as it was announced. Limbaugh even more.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:41 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I'm struggling to wrap my head around this...

Christians, worshipping in church, worshipping Jesus Christ the Prince of Peace with a hymnal in one hand and a Glock in the other...

Somehow I'm just not feeling this one.

Why not?

Old 06-20-2015, 12:45 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
There are 300 million guns in the US.

We're the most violent industrialized nation on Earth.

Yeah, more guns should fix the problem.

Nice quote-mining, right-winger. Jesus preached non-violence.

Matthew 26:52
Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword."

Harry Potter is real.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

You're seriously arguing that Jesus preached violence? It's hilarious how selective right-wingers are when reading Bible quotes.

industrialized nations, and yup, your chart proves we're more violent than all of them.

See above.

It's even more ridiculous that you are bothering as liberal progressives abhor the thought of any organized religion and hate Christmas.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Alcohol prohibition actually did decrease alcoholism, but there are too many gun-fetishists and paranoid idiots in America for gun prohibition to ever work. The people on this board alone are enough to make me think there would be a lot of violence if such a law ever went into effect. Alex Jones would probably incite hundreds, even thousands of murders as soon as it was announced. Limbaugh even more.
Link? I'll save you the trouble. It didn't.

The greatest unintended consequence of Prohibition however, was the plainest to see. For over a decade, the law that was meant to foster temperance instead fostered intemperance and excess. The solution the United States had devised to address the problem of alcohol abuse had instead made the problem even worse. The statistics of the period are notoriously unreliable, but it is very clear that in many parts of the United States more people were drinking, and people were drinking more.

Prohibition: Unintended Consequences | PBS

That's one of the things I like about American's. When the government tells people that they can't do something that the government has no business doing the people do the opposite.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

You worship him somewhere else, OK?

Old 06-20-2015, 12:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Countries with more guns have more deaths by guns.... Obama is right: gun violence is much worse in the US than other advanced countries - Vox
Maybe Obama should enforce the laws already on the books?

Illegal Immigrants Avoid Deportation, Now Charged With Murder

Old 06-20-2015, 01:01 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The other reason is Swiss males (able bodied and not mentally ill) are included in a national militia from age 18 until age 45. So the guns they have are some of the world's best fully automatic assault rifles, automatic handguns and some have sniper rifles and machine guns for they are trained to use them . Try to invade the Confederation Helvetia and find your self facing an army of well over one million ( One of Biggest in Europe) . It deterred Hitler who left a few million Germans out of his Reich! I actually think this was the intent of our original Founders a proper well organized and trained militia with every gun registered to a proper marksman who can be reached by a phone call and properly maintained as only the orderly organized Swiss can do.
Switzerland is not the same as USA.

The Swiss have gun control that is more stringent than here in the USA...things that would never pass here. These kinds of lunatics would have a MUCH harder time getting their hands on guns in Switzerland.

You wanna sign up for their same gun control laws? Fine. I'd take that and be cool with having their per-capita gun concentration (we probably have more anyway). But somehow, I bet no conservative would go for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies