Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 01:15 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...223644365.html

Guess I will have to celebrate being a white boy somewhere else.
They said it was cancelled due to the recent events in SC.... So u have no one to blame but white supremacist ruining it...

And cmon, wtf is Caucasian Heritage? And white mayonnaise? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 01:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
I see no reason why they should cancel it.

In any case, this is an internecine white argument. Being black, i've got nothing to do with it since according to the thread, no minority group told them to cancel anything.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:07 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Not around here. White people are bombarded with Hispanic culture - from the language being spoken (Spanish), to the food(taquerias on practically every other corner, not to mention the sushi joints and Korean BBQ places). I'm not sure what white clothes and entertainment are, but around here there are non-whites wearing baggy pants and playing "music", if you can call it that.
Sounds like California I'm guessing?

But if I'm not mistaken wasn't it part of Mexico?

Maybe you forgot but the Spanish landed on this side of the planet many years before the English did. Perhaps you also overlooked the fact that Spanish is a European language.

A sushi joint? I'm sure there are of all races who enjoy sushi. That does not mean white culture is dying or going extinct.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:11 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post

Maybe you forgot but the Spanish landed on this side of the planet many years before the English did. Perhaps you also overlooked the fact that Spanish is also a European language.

A sushi joint? I'm sure there are of all races who enjoy sushi. That does not mean white culture is dying or going extinct.
Yes, California used to be part of Mexico. Ive lived here my whole life. The difference between Spain and Mexico and Spaniards and Mexicans is monumental. Besides, Native Americans/Indians were here well before Mexicans or Spaniards ever were.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:13 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post

Yeah, I am in Crazyfornia. It is part of Mexico, now.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:19 PM

White wonder bread and White mayonnaise. LOL, you seriously crying about missing that?

I mean at least for Mexican Heritage night, you get actual Mexican Heritage. Like authentic Mexican Food, Latin dance and music.

This "Caucasian" night was more about the color white. Nothing to do with heritage, culture, music.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:51 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
That be cuz ya Irish. I don't know what my ethnic background is other than white boy.
please tell us about the culture, heritage of a white boy....

Old 07-04-2015, 11:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
Yes, California used to be part of Mexico. Ive lived here my whole life. The difference between Spain and Mexico and Spaniards and Mexicans is monumental. Besides, Native Americans/Indians were here well before Mexicans or Spaniards ever were.
The land was long part of the Spanish Empire and was little populated or used. Mexico revolted and claimed it from Spain for all of about 20 some years before losing it by treaty and purchase to the US in 1848. So the US has held it for over 7x as long as Mexico did. What claim does Mexico and Mexicans possibly have to it? Should Spain also claim it wants the Southwest back along with the rest of Mexico? Should Amerindians claim they want the southwest and Mexico back? What is now Mexico was taken from the Amerindian tribes like the Aztecs and others.

Mexico is stealing and colonizing the southwest now that America has built it up into 1st world without any leg to stand on for justification and we just let them do it.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:17 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Blacks in America identify with being black because their history and ethnicities were wiped out through slavery and its aftermath. There is nothing connecting me to other white people in this country. I am proud of my Irish heritage but see no reason to collectively identify with other "white people".

It's idiotic and bigoted.
Apologize for being white much?

Old 07-05-2015, 12:32 AM

Well, they will always have their Klan meetings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies