Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 10:29 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times

Advertisements

Each individual medical trial should be evaluated on its own. Small samples do indicate potential for errors.

Yet science works. Double blind studies work. All studies are unique have different methodology and test different things. The study itself will have a significance factor you take to the bank.

I wouldn't doubt some huge number of studies and tests have limited data or potential insignificant results. People conducts tests every day. any organization can create a test and publish a result

Yet the information that is followed on a day in and day out basis, do not suffer from such weaknesses. Immunizations are built on comprehensive and wide reaching studies with significant p-values and results.

Just because a lot of people are throwing balls into the ocean, doesn't mean you ignore the quality ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post

Finally, as much as we don't want to accept it, when it comes to health and healing, man simply can't improve on Nature.

1) Really, if this was the case and medical science was so "ineffective" than why does mankind live longer, treat more diseases, and cure more than anytime in human history. The dangers of our ancestors (Smallpox, polio, etc) are gone. Anyone who says We can't improve on nature, seems to ignore the last 50 years.

2) and - here is the funny thing - you make fun of bad data in medical journals and that sometimes small/insignificant studies may be published (along side very significant and reliable studies). Yet these "natural" methods often describe methods with no study at all. . or what studies that were conducted show no better than placebo. You blast the science, and then apply no rigor to your own desires and beliefs.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:31 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
So shouldn't all folksy folk get boosters for chicken pox?
MM4 must not have access to internet

from CDC "In 2006, the CDC recommended a booster dose of chickenpox vaccine for all children and a shingles vaccine was licensed and recommended for all adults over age 60. "

Old 06-29-2015, 10:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Wait, Katarina, you've been claiming people can get chicken pox again after having acquired it naturally earlier in life (even though no one has realistically ever heard of that happening to anybody in their circles).

So shouldn't all folksy folk get boosters for chicken pox?
You know, sometimes I assume that people arguing against vaccines know the vaccine schedule. Silly me!

Two doses of varicella vaccine are recommended; required in some states for kindergarten or middle school entry. When it first came out that some kids were getting "breakthrough disease" after one dose and a second dose (not a booster for waning immunity mind you) was recommended, I thought, "What did they expect? People can get the disease more than once!". So yes, two doses are recommended. No further doses, whether you want to call them boosters or something else, are so recommended.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:43 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Edible vaccines. There are other articles also. Pharmaceutical article. You can see all the diseases and which fruit or produce for what.

http://jpsionline.com/admin/php/uploads/209_pdf.pdf

Would they inform the public they are receiving these? Read the last paragraph. "Will enhance compliance". Those three words are very frightening. You will not know or be able to refuse Frankenfood.

"Refusal is Futile". Ever hear that one before?
It's really scary and I believe that they could and would put vaccines in food and not tell people.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:55 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Who cares about the AVERAGE? The MEAN is what is important. Sure back then they didn't have incubators and a lot of babies died in childbirth that stay alive today. If they lived past age 5, chances are they lived into their 70s, 80s 90s or 100s and died healthy and disease free in their sleep!

Compare that to today where more babies lives are spared -- which raises the average -- but in middle age half of Americans are diagnosed with a chronic or degenerative disease and today people are so debilitated by their sixties or 70s there is a nursing home crisis. People waste away living a horrible quality of life in their sunset years today. It is a sad testimate to modern medicine.

Of course the statisticians know Americans are too dumb to know the difference between average and mean. They just take the mainstream media's word for everything and don't even suspect they might be lying and just trying to brainwash people into believing the idiotic mantra that "we are living longer healthier lives" today. What a croc that line is.
Say what? The numbers don't support your assertation. There are ~310 million Americans. Around 62 million are age 60 or over. You claim that most of these people are so debilitated they reside in nursing homes?!? Not hardly. Even in our most elderly population (those 95+), only 50% live in nursing homes. All us 60 to 70 years old are too busy working to move.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 06-29-2015 at 01:27 PM..

Old 06-29-2015, 03:25 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Each individual medical trial should be evaluated on its own. Small samples do indicate potential for errors.

Yet science works. Double blind studies work. All studies are unique have different methodology and test different things. The study itself will have a significance factor you take to the bank.

I wouldn't doubt some huge number of studies and tests have limited data or potential insignificant results. People conducts tests every day. any organization can create a test and publish a result

Yet the information that is followed on a day in and day out basis, do not suffer from such weaknesses. Immunizations are built on comprehensive and wide reaching studies with significant p-values and results.

Just because a lot of people are throwing balls into the ocean, doesn't mean you ignore the quality ones.

1) Really, if this was the case and medical science was so "ineffective" than why does mankind live longer, treat more diseases, and cure more than anytime in human history. The dangers of our ancestors (Smallpox, polio, etc) are gone. Anyone who says We can't improve on nature, seems to ignore the last 50 years.

2) and - here is the funny thing - you make fun of bad data in medical journals and that sometimes small/insignificant studies may be published (along side very significant and reliable studies). Yet these "natural" methods often describe methods with no study at all. . or what studies that were conducted show no better than placebo. You blast the science, and then apply no rigor to your own desires and beliefs.
I beg your pardon. I have continuously supported my argument since I started this thread. Nobody bothers to read or listen to the links.

Anyway, Nature just WORKS! Do you need a study to prove that when you cut yourself, a scab forms and your body heals itself? Nature just IS. OPEN YOUR EYES. It is pure simple and POWERFUL. For chronic and degenerative conditions it should be the FIRST mode of care to turn to every time.

Vaccines have NEVER been proven. Most every one knows that polio was on its way out when the vaccine came out. The same goes for Small pox. Look it up.

I'm not going to insult people's intelligence. Just look up "Death by Medicine". That study based on all the stats from the medical journals shows that following the advice of the medical profession kills roughly a million people per year ---based on only twenty percent of reported cases (which means it could be as much as 5 million deaths per year)-- more than any single disease. They die from drug interactions, unnecessary surgeries, invasive diagnostics among other things Doing that kills more people than any single disease.

Very few whole plants grown in Nature kill anybody. Most are edible, life giving, healing, cleansing, alkalizing and regenerative. It is only when man starts dissecting them and fiddling around with them that they become dangerous ---which is why you need an Rx to take them.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
I beg your pardon. I have continuously supported my argument since I started this thread. Nobody bothers to read or listen to the links.

Anyway, Nature just WORKS! Do you need a study to prove that when you cut yourself, a scab forms and your body heals itself? Nature just IS. OPEN YOUR EYES. It is pure simple and POWERFUL. For chronic and degenerative conditions it should be the FIRST mode of care to turn to every time.

Vaccines have NEVER been proven. Most every one knows that polio was on its way out when the vaccine came out. The same goes for Small pox. Look it up.

I'm not going to insult people's intelligence. Just look up "Death by Medicine". That study based on all the stats from the medical journals shows that following the advice of the medical profession kills roughly a million people per year ---based on only twenty percent of reported cases (which means it could be as much as 5 million deaths per year)-- more than any single disease. They die from drug interactions, unnecessary surgeries, invasive diagnostics among other things Doing that kills more people than any single disease.

Very few whole plants grown in Nature kill anybody. Most are edible, life giving, healing, cleansing, alkalizing and regenerative. It is only when man starts dissecting them and fiddling around with them that they become dangerous ---which is why you need an Rx to take them.
The biggest polio epidemics in this country occurred in the 1950s, just before the vaccine came out.
Do look at this graph: Polio Cases, Deaths, and Vaccination Rates - Vaccines - ProCon.org

Here are some great stats and pictures of smallpox. http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox...ionhistory.pdf

Smallpox — Timelines — History of Vaccines
"Some estimates indicate that 20th-century worldwide deaths from smallpox numbered more than 300 million. The last known case of wild smallpox occurred in Somalia in 1977."

This at a time when the vaccine has been available for >100 years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies