Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 10:48 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
by whom?
Ninth and Tenth Amendment persons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,686 posts, read 1,772,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What court does one go to to overturn a Supreme Court ruling?
They can be impeached, tried, and removed from the bench. Furthermore, since Kennedy, Sotomayor, Kagan, Breyer, and Ginsburg made law and their decision is unconstitutional, no one has any obligation to abide by it. Nullification and non-violent civil disobedience are viable options. The Constitution is the highest law of the land, not 5 unelected tyrannical judges.

25,776 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
We should all be concerned about nononsenseguy's blood pressure today, based on what he has been writing.
Well it is nice that you're looking out for the guy.

Quote:
Sorry. Close reading can be difficult for some.

Well you are right that you offer conjecture.

Oh really?

Yeah, all those I's don't make your post all about you. No, not at all.

You too, sweetie. After all we are living in a better United States of America today. Who wouldn't be having a mirific day!
Aren't we all offering conjecture? This is an opinion forum, no? I seldom look at it as any more than that--or entertainment. There are some posters who have given me a lot to think about. But mostly it's just back and forth opinions.

I can't say that I ever agree with you much, but I will say I like reading your posts. Your tone quite often makes me smile--in a good kind of way. Seriously. I honestly do like sarcastic/satirical tone when it's done well. Pity we seldom agree, though. Regardless, good writing style is good writing style...

Last edited by ChrisC; 06-27-2015 at 11:07 AM..

Old 06-27-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Ruth Ginsberg and Elena Kagan broke the law.
Their opinion is invalid in this case and will not stand.
These are impeachable offenses.
Excellente!

Old 06-27-2015, 10:51 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
They can be impeached, tried, and removed from the bench.
Absolutely. At the very least, this ruling can be ignored.
Quite frankly there should also be a motion to censure Roberts
because he is the chief justice who allowed them to rule on the case.
That is a dereliction of duty on his part.
He is also impeachable.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:53 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Well it is nice that you're looking out for the guy.
Yes, I wasn't joking about that.

Quote:
Aren't we all offering conjecture? This is an opinion forum, no? I seldom look at it as any more than that--or entertainment. There are some posters who have given me a lot to think about. But mostly it's just back and forth opinions.
Well 'conjecture' is more of a pejorative than 'opinion.'

Quote:
I can't say that I ever agree with you much, but I will say I like reading your posts. Your tone quite often makes me smile--in a good kind of way. Seriously. I honestly do like sarcastic/satirical tone when it's done well. Too bad we always disagree, though. Well, almost always. Regardless, good writing style is good writing style...
Well I have to rep you for that. Thanks.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:55 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Proof again that to most of the Lefties here, (and more than a few of the Fundies, BTW), the end justifies the means.

Either the bills will come due, and sanity will again rule, or the entire system will be corrupted and destroyed in the pursuit of expediency, and that would be the biggest tragedy of all.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:56 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What you mean is we will continue to see articles from people whining that they can no longer deny others the same rights they enjoy.
You make no sense because in the states involved in Obergefell, no one had a right to a sodomite "marriage", therefore no one was being the denied the right to a sodomite "marriage" enjoyed by anyone else.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
You are describing a theocracy, sweetie. Go move to one if that's what you want.
I've not heard of any Greek Gods being homosexual.

Them pagans!

Old 06-27-2015, 10:59 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I've never seen so many people get so worked up about an issue that doesn't concern them in the least. Let's make it easy folks:

1) Don't support marriage between the same sex? Don't get one.

2) Don't support the government being involved in your marriage? Don't register your marriage with the government.

This is hard?
Of course it isn't.

It is a *great opportunity* to play a good game of "Ain't it Awful" though. (Thank you Eric Berne - Amazon.com: Games People Play: The Basic Handbook of Transactional Analysis. (9780345410030): Eric Berne: Books)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies