Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 12:39 PM

1,136 posts, read 924,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Many liberals, including me, are entirely unaware of our power to "instruct(ed) the Democratic establishment to tell lies for us. Who knew?
I once instructed the democratic establishment to lie about me winning the lottery. My life has been smooth sailing ever since. You should try it. At the very least Nancy Pelosi will lie to your local Starbucks and get you a free extra shot of espresso.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 12:41 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
It would be fine if Obama genuinely changed his view, but that is not what happened. In the Time Magazine article that I linked to earlier (did you bother to read that?), it was mentioned that Obama already supported gay marriage in 1996, but then said otherwise when he ran for president. His longtime political adviser, David Axelrod, even said that it was a blatant lie on Obama's part.
So you are just now figuring out that Obama is a politician? Well...that explains a lot.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The OP actually thinks some politicians don't lie... smh
Its worse, the OP thinks republicans didn't realize that lying works until now. I think I would be insulted if I were a republican politician. Of course I'd lie about it but I would still be insulted.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:47 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,450,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
I really think that in the long-run the liberals will regret the way they attained victory in the gay marriage debate. The truth of the matter (much to my disappointment) was that public attitudes would eventually change, and the public would condone homosexuality and--more generally--gay marriage. However, social liberals were very impatient with this change, and felt that "the ends justified the means." To that end, they instructed the Democratic establishment politicians (from Obama on down) to deliberately lie to the people and say that they were opposed to gay marriage (back when the majority of Americans were opposed to it). Then, at almost precisely the exact moment a majority of people supported gay marriage, the entire Democratic establishment "evolved" and claimed to have had a genuine change of heart on the issue. In the meantime, Obama & company packed the judiciary with socially liberal judges who overturned voter-approved bans on gay marriage; this had the effect of shifting public opinion in favor of gay marriage at a far faster rate than would otherwise have happened.
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away.

31,085 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Did you not read what I quoted from the article he provided?

Barack was for gay marriage in 1996...than against it based on being a Christian and God being involved in 2008 (or so he said)....now he's for it.
Isn't he allowed to change his mind on the topic several times?

674 posts, read 611,866 times
Politicians are lying to get elected?

Fetch me my fainting couch!

Yeah, both sides are sleazy, but they're not equally bad. I'd vote for a party other than the Democrats if I had a choice, but I don't.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:49 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
The OP still hasn't comprehended that this was a Supreme Court decision.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:51 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlAndSparrow View Post
Politicians are lying to get elected?

Fetch me my fainting couch!

Yeah, both sides are sleazy, but they're not equally bad. I'd vote for a party other than the Democrats if I had a choice, but I don't.
And I'd vote for one other than the Republican's but I don't.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:53 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
All politicians take political positions they may not personally agree with in order to get elected. I bet the OP thinks that every Republican candidate truly believes global warming is a hoax or that Creationism is a real science, too.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
And I'd vote for one other than the Republican's but I don't.
Freudian slip much

Quote:
I'd vote for a party other than the Democrats if I had a choice, but I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies