Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with Donald Trump on the need to build a wall between Mexico and the U.S.?
I agree that we need to build a wall. 121 79.08%
I disagree that we need to build a wall. 32 20.92%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 09:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
Donald Trump said that we have to build a wall between Mexico and the United States.

Quoting Donald Trump:

“People are pouring across our borders, which is horrible,” Trump said. “We have to build a wall. Who would — look, I build some of the greatest buildings in the world. Building a wall for me is easy. And it would be a wall. It would be a real wall. Not a wall that people walk over.”

[Like Trump, I would definitely build a truly secure wall, too. It's absurd that we have let millions and millions of illegal aliens simply cross over from Mexico into the United States without undergoing any background check or doing any vetting on them whatsoever.]

Evidently, tunnels are not that hard to build in the limestone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 10:25 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,333,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
No need to invade, after all the North American Union was posed as a solution some while back. The Mexicans would likely go along with that peacefully enough.

But that still begs the question.......what are we gonna do about those pesky Canadians?

Fences/Walls are a double edged sword. They keep undesirables OUT, or IN, depends on your point of view.......

CN.......
If you build a wall on both the Mexican and Canadian borders then you will have built not only the world largest wall but would be correct in preventing yourself access to leave the lower 48 and would also isolate Alaska and violate NAFTA plus it makes sense to just implant many tiny molecular RFID chips into eveyone in all three countries.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:32 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
At massive cost per mile....

Seriously, a wall is unworkable, and the idea is foolish. E-verify would work!
Costs, please. How much do all of those illegals cost us every year?

Old 07-13-2015, 11:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
Today a wall doesn't have to be built from bricks an mortar. An electronic wall would be more cost effective. We have to pay the Border Patrol anyway, let's just give them the tech they need to become effective and let them do what they are supposed to be doing.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:35 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
I think Thumper just wants a "wall" built around the State of Sinaloa now.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:39 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
What a waste of money, considering the fertility rate in Mexico has plunged to 2.0! Before long, Mexico is going to do the crackdown, making sure no Mexican escapes Mexico!

And, who knows what may become of the U.S., we may need to escape to Mexico some day!

Old 07-14-2015, 03:25 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,371,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
What a waste of money, considering the fertility rate in Mexico has plunged to 2.0! Before long, Mexico is going to do the crackdown, making sure no Mexican escapes Mexico!

And, who knows what may become of the U.S., we may need to escape to Mexico some day!
No, Mexico would never shut off it's major export....and I'm not talking drugs, oil filters or Freightliner trucks.....

Old 07-14-2015, 04:48 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
I like the idea of a wall.

Just do what East Germany did. In cities along the border, have the wall, just like in Berlin. 14 feet high, topped with barbed wire. A 500 yard free fire zone between that wall and a second wall. Guard towers with search lights and machine guns manned 24/7. Mines placed randomly in the free fire zone. Automated machine guns triggered by sensors at ground level.

Obama suggested a moat and alligators, but I don't think those are really necessary.

Then, outside of cities, there would be parallel fences with concertina wire and appropriately spaced guard posts. The policy would be to shoot, without question, and to kill any human being in the free fire zones.

However, special provision would be made for animal habitat, so that coyotes (the animal kind, not the human) and other critters could roam freely. Ecologists would be assigned to the border to advise on this.

We should also have the guards wear snappy uniforms -- warm weather versions of the East German type.

I always say, Be stylish in everything you do.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:14 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
If we had a wall, we still have many nafta trucks coming into the United States.. only 2% are checked to see what they carry . I know many illegals must be coming over in Nafta trucks hidden in the cargo...

Old 07-14-2015, 05:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
A wall not only keeps them out(false sense of security) but also keeps us in.

I see the Mexican's are pretty good at digging.
They are getting a handle on underground high speed rail, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies