Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 09:17 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This may put pressure on US suppliers but no where near what OPEC is capable of. Now back to the question you avoided:
A long term drop in oil prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 09:36 PM

27,654 posts, read 16,142,781 times
What I want to know is why does the price at the pump increase overnight when the price of crude increases? And it doesnt drop overnight when the price of crude drops... Btw $*(^ Iran and the moron in the house

Old 07-20-2015, 09:39 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Lets see what you had to say about the price of oil in the past.. I wonder how many times you've flip flopped on the issue.

The Keystone pipeline will have no effect on our gas prices. In fact, the pipeline will actually increase the price of gas in the Midwest. This is because Canada will then have the means to export globally whereas now most of it is piped only as far as the Midwest creating an abundant supply (supply/demand effect on price) there
So increasing the supply of oil from Canada will increase the price of gas, but increasing the supply of oil from Iran is causing it to fall?

Please share with me whats so special about the Iran oil.
Quote:
waxahootaman, I doubt that your state will see any benefit from offshore drilling. You mention Wyoming but what about Alabama, Miss and La, which you mention in your second post. Do they reap huge royaties also?
So increasing the supply of oil from off shore isnt going to reduce the price of gas, but only that special oil from Iran can do it..

Again, whats so special about it?
Quote:
Compared to the 275% increase in the price of gas under Bush, yes. As far as "the fact" that gas is more than likely go go higher, should tell you that it is time to work on alternative fuel sources and tell the gouging oil companies that they no longer hold us hostage and that they can go to hell!
So gas was going to go higher, not that long ago and the only solution was alternative fuel sources..
Quote:
Wouldn't matter if the oil companies drilled more in the US because it would all be exported for profit to these oil companies. You are naive to believe that if we subsidize oil companies and let them drill the hell out of our natural resources, that they would give us a break at the pump!
So if we drilled more, it wouldnt matter if we increased the supply, because they would just export it. Since all oil enters the same world wide supply, please share with me why iran oil entering the supply is dropping the price, but not if the US drilled more and allowed that to enter the supply?
Quote:
Me thinks that the current situation has to do with profits for oil companies and speculators. Great arguments are being made here for a need to nationalize oil companies that drill here.
Ahhh, oil went up because of speculation. Got it, so what happened to all the speculators? Did they kill themself or something?
Quote:
Obama hasn't left office yet so you are comparing apples to oranges. Get back to us when you have some reliable statistics. LOL!!

BTW, are you saying that the president is responsible for the price of gasoline?
is the President, or not, responsible for the price of oil?
Quote:
What was the average price of gas during Bush's eight years of presidency? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahh, its the AVERAGE price of gas during Bush that matters, but not Obamas..
Quote:
We don't want another "Bush worse ever recession" just to lower gas prices. Obama can lower the price without busting the economy to do it.
Ooooh, the price of gas prices fell because we had a recession under Bush.. I guess this means the economy is tanking under Obama.. oh wait..
Quote:
Obama was instrumental is lowering overall demand for gas in the US which has an effect on lowering the price. (Thanks for playing)
Right before gas prices hit record levels
Quote:
Are you advocating increasing the minimum wage and nationalizing oil companies? This would be the only way Obama could control the price of gas and increase the average income.
So Presidents cant control the price of gas? A minute ago Bush was responsible..
Quote:
Do you want Obama to nationalize oil companies to maintain and control the price of gas at the pump?
So the only way to reduce the price of gas is to nationalize the oil companies?

Guess you were wrong again..
Quote:
Gas prices are dropping quite dramatically. Of help is the competition from green energy initiatives.
Wait, I thought green energy was dropping the price of gas, dramatically.. haha
Quote:
Gas Prices Hit All-Time Record High For Early February---Thank You Obama
So they hit an all time record for early February, despite all of the "successes" listed above? ooooh my..
Quote:
Keystone XL backers say it's a matter of national security - UPI.com

I am having a hard time connecting the dots of how allowing another country to build, an aquifer risking, pipeline from our north border to our southern port for export, would help our national reserves or our national security. In fact, this pipeline will actually increase the price of gas in most US states.

Consumer Watchdog Report Shows Keystone XL Raises American Gas Prices | Consumer Watchdog
So we shouldnt rely upon another country to supply us with oil.. ooh wait, iran? yeah, now its a good idea..

ooh I could go on, but I think the amount of flip flopping the left will do in order to claim Obama is "successful" while making excuses for his failures, is very obvious

Old 07-20-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
So increasing the supply provides long term oil price drops... Which is true..

Unless of course we're discussing oil from off shore drilling, canada imports, arctic drilling, governmental property drillings, etc..

its ONLY oil from IRAN thats so special that will cause a drop.. everything else will actually be harmful..

right.. ridiculous what you have been peddling, now all of a sudden you admit you left wing kooks have been wrong, (as we all knew it) FOR YEARS..

Old 07-20-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Lets see what you had to say about the price of oil in the past.. I wonder how many times you've flip flopped on the issue.

The Keystone pipeline will have no effect on our gas prices. In fact, the pipeline will actually increase the price of gas in the Midwest. This is because Canada will then have the means to export globally whereas now most of it is piped only as far as the Midwest creating an abundant supply (supply/demand effect on price) there
So increasing the supply of oil from Canada will increase the price of gas, but increasing the supply of oil from Iran is causing it to fall?

So increasing the supply of oil from off shore isnt going to reduce the price of gas, but only that special oil from Iran can do it..

So gas was going to go higher, not that long ago and the only solution was alternative fuel sources..

So if we drilled more, it wouldnt matter if we increased the supply, because they would just export it. Since all oil enters the same world wide supply, please share with me why iran oil entering the supply is dropping the price, but not if the US drilled more and allowed that to enter the supply?

Ahhh, oil went up because of speculation. Got it, so what happened to all the speculators? Did they kill themself or something?

Ooooh, the price of gas prices fell because we had a recession under Bush.. I guess this means the economy is tanking under Obama.. oh wait..

So Presidents cant control the price of gas? A minute ago Bush was responsible..

So they hit an all time record for early February, despite all of the "successes" listed above? ooooh my..

So we shouldnt rely upon another country to supply us with oil.. ooh wait, iran? yeah, now its a good idea..

ooh I could go on, but I think the amount of flip flopping the left will do in order to claim Obama is "successful" while making excuses for his failures, is very obvious
LOL! You have enough here for a dissertation.

About the Keystone Pipeline: it will increase the price of gas in the Midwest because that is as far as the Canadian Pipeline presently goes and, as such, there is an increase supply in the Midwest that would drop if Canada can pipe it to be exported.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What I want to know is why does the price at the pump increase overnight when the price of crude increases? And it doesnt drop overnight when the price of crude drops... Btw $*(^ Iran and the moron in the house
Actually there is a very logical reason for that.

Gasoline companies buy their gas in large volume, and they operate on very slim profit margins. They get something like $.03 per gallon.

So if they buy it from their supplier at $2.50, they sell it for $2.53 (give or take)..

So if the wholesale price of gas falls, they still have to unload the gas they bought at $2.50, because they cant drop the price any or they begin to lose money..

If the price increases, then the gasoline stations will increase their price because they know during their next refill, they will have higher overhead costs since it now costs more money.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:05 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
US and Canadian producers are already providing that benefit. Because that oil costs more to extract with OPEC and Iranian oil flooding the market the potential exists for them to go out of business which leaves us with the same gun we have had pointed to our head for decades. Short term you'll save money but you need to look far beyond a year or two.

You are willing to accep a few dollars for the short term over this:

• The Keystone pipeline will provide jobs directly and indirectly. Some short term, some long term. We can debate about how many but undeniably it will create jobs.
  • It will secure a domestic supply of oil that cannot be interrupted by outside influences.
  • It will help put pressure on OPEC preventing them from monopolizing the market.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:32 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,743,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Thanks for digging this up & exposing this fraud.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:17 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,568 times
Quote:
LOL! You have enough here for a dissertation.

About the Keystone Pipeline: it will increase the price of gas in the Midwest because that is as far as the Canadian Pipeline presently goes and, as such, there is an increase supply in the Midwest that would drop if Canada can pipe it to be exported.
You were just absolutely skewered in his post. I mean that was a monumental takedown and this is your reply?

No response to your outright lies? No response to your obvious bias? No reponse to your multipple changes in your stance based on whimsy and fancy?

Nothing? Just more blather?

You should actually take a break from here, but a just a short one. Your hypocrisy and complete and utter lack of self awareness is actually amazing to witness in real time.

Last edited by TrafficCory; 07-21-2015 at 10:28 AM..

Old 07-21-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
You were just absolutely skewered in his post. I mean that was a monumental takedown and this is your reply?

No response to your outright lies? No response to your obvious bias? No reponse to your multipple changes in your stance based on whimsy and fancy?

Nothing? Just more blather?

You should actually take a break from here, but a just a short one. Your hypocrisy and complete and utter lack of self awareness is actually amazing to witness in real time.
No. I have been consistent throughout. I don't even know what point that diarrhea of a post was trying to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies