Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2015, 07:19 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Science and research, we as humans have been studying and researching on human organs and tissue for a long, long time. Heck, Portland is about to build a billion dollar cancer research facility, you can bet they will be using human tissue and organs for research in the hopes of one day curing cancer.
The issue is a tumor has my DNA; it is my own cells gone haywire. It really is "mine" to give away.

Not so much a separate human being who does not consent to his or her being terminated.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:22 PM

884 posts, read 716,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
One day that tissue that was used for research is going to save your life or the lives of loved ones. I'd love to see you denying treatment because "those poor aborted babies were involved in the research that could save my life!" Think about that.
Where did the poster say anything about denying treatment? My my you guys are really getting sloppy in your **** poor attempts at diverting the subject.

thefragile, I know you can look it up but off top of your head can you tell me the last medical research using fetus or "parts" was that resulted in a medical treatment used today? F no you cant and you know it.

So please sit down and try to think of something worthwhile to inject into this discussion.....

Old 08-05-2015, 07:26 PM

884 posts, read 716,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
The issue is a tumor has my DNA; it is my own cells gone haywire. It really is "mine" to give away.

Not so much a separate human being who does not consent to his or her being terminated.
That is my whole argument in a nutshell. I understand if a developing zygote is not growing properly and needs to be aborted. Or the pregnancy is causing PIH, or it has signs of pre-eclampsia, and jeopardizing the mothers life etc etc. Yes, there are many reasons for an abortion. But that is not what we are discussing here and they know it. Sick individuals to say the least.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
That is my whole argument in a nutshell. I understand if a developing zygote is not growing properly and needs to abort. Or the pregnancy is causing PIH, or it has signs of pre-eclampsia, and jeopardizing the mothers life etc etc. Yes, there are many reasons for an abortion. But that is not what we are discussing here and they know it. Sick individuals to say the least.
I work in a hospital that does them. The vast majority are "elective abortions" meaning, "because screw it".

Most do not have abnormalities based on the pathological reports which do a chromosome analysis as a matter of policy.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
I just never knew that. My goodness learn something new every day. Duh, I would wager you didn't even bother looking at my profile before spouting off at the mouth. Even a tiny bit of research here on CD and anyone with brains can deduct what I do for a living. You and many others here would suck big time in any structured collegiate type debate, as you put as much effort into thinking about the subject as your childish last entry.

I have no problem with research using human tissue. I even support stem cell research. Problem I have is taking a 30-36 wk old perfectly healthy baby and just at birth aborting it.

Please don't tell me these women change their minds at the last minute, and abort a healthy baby. No, what other reason would a woman have carrying a completely fine pregnancy that far only to abort last minute.
I let you ponder that one as I already know the answer. See if you can answer the question with some cut pictures. Remember, the baby is fine, no problems at all the whole 30 or so weeks. Mom is fine, no need for re-assembly as in "parts" God I love that one. Urban, do you really think we are that stupid to fall for your word games? So, wonder why they carry then abort so late? Don't insult my intelligence with your preschool pictures please.
Just so you know, your profile is blocked to anyone you are not friends with, and I don't believe we are friends.

Though what I can do is make a judgment based on what you write here, thought I am laughing at your second paragraph. You are upset over fantasy? No one is aborting perfectly healthy, about to be born babies for research. Where did you even get that nonsense? But seriously, I fell out of my chair laughing when I read that, so thank you for that good laugh.

If a woman carries a fetus to full term, a woman is going to give birth to that baby, that is just a common sense fact. What you are upset over is just fiction, unicorns are more real than that.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:

No, I am 100% sure a woman has full right to donate their aborted fetus to science....speaking of which, 90% of all abortions happen within the first 12 weeks...that tends to not be common knowledge when talking about this topic I have learned.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:32 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
.....you more than likely would have supported slavery.

You look at both as "sub-human".

Not to mention the fact that you're a disgusting human being.
What an intelligent way to start a discussion!

Old 08-05-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
That is my whole argument in a nutshell. I understand if a developing zygote is not growing properly and needs to be aborted. Or the pregnancy is causing PIH, or it has signs of pre-eclampsia, and jeopardizing the mothers life etc etc. Yes, there are many reasons for an abortion. But that is not what we are discussing here and they know it. Sick individuals to say the least.
So basically you would rather the fetus or embryo or full term fetus as you have mentioned to be put here and not be given to science and research....

Old 08-05-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
90% of all abortions happen within the first 12 weeks...that tends to not be common knowledge when talking about this topic I have learned.
It varies somewhat based on state law. States with more generous gestational age laws will attract more further along pregnancies and skew their average. IIRC VT has the loosest abortion laws in America.

Generally I see them done around 8 weeks via D+C.

However, does it matter if I murder someone tomorrow or 10 years from now? I'm still ending their life either way.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
It varies somewhat based on state law. States with more generous gestational age laws will attract more further along pregnancies and skew their average. IIRC VT has the loosest abortion laws in America.

Generally I see them done around 8 weeks via D+C.

However, does it matter if I murder someone tomorrow or 10 years from now? I'm still ending their life either way.
Though I wouldn't consider a woman aborting an 8 week old embryo to be murder, but it would be a termination of potential life, that is the definition of abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies