Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 08:10 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
That's not true at all if you spend any time in such neighborhoods. But why can't people be upset about police overreaching and gangs? I don't get why so many white people are so bitter. You think black communities like the internal violence?

I suspect it's the tribalism. These mostly white working class people really around police and against blacks, who they perceive as "other".

Either way, they gotta let it go.
lmao..Yeah that's it. Suffering from white guilt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 10:45 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I don't live in Baltimore and am not privy to their clearance rates but IMO for some that are that low, then that means that they do poor police work. Maybe instead of chasing down people on bikes like Freddie Gray, they should be investigating homicides to get better evidence.

I have lived in poverty stricken black neighborhoods recently (which leads me to the quote below) and my neighbors were not afraid of "snitching" on criminals and neither was I. This is a media concept brought to you by mostly fictionalized cop TV shows. Real life isn't like those shows.

On this, it is good that you acknowledge that "good black people" (lol at that IMO like we are some children in need of your praise) outnumber "bad."

IMO, you should have said the middle class and up black people vastly outnumber the poverty stricken and the poor. As you can have both "good " and "bad" in any income class.

Many wealthier black people did move out of the inner city, but on the whole blacks who make $75K and above and who are considred "wealthy" by American standards are much more likely to live in the black, poor inner city than a similarly situated white person of equal income.

But it is not the responsibility of "call out" black people on their "behavior." Also, what difference would that make. Again, you seem to see poor blacks as in need of some sort of parental guidance. Most of them are not "bad" people, they just don't make a lot of money. The ones that are "bad" and I'm thinking that you mean, they commit a lot of crime are usually killed on the streets or sent to prison. So there is not need for holier than thou chastising.

And FWIW, I don't see a lot of threads on here lambasting the criminal behavior of poor whites, especially as it relates to drunk driving and killing people, which whites do at alarming rates (they are overrepresented in drunk driving arrest/convictions based on their population) or hard drug use of which whites vastly outnumber blacks. There is a huge issue today with white babies being born addicted to meth, like the crack babies were in the 1980s and many programs and attention was paid to that phenomenon back then but one rarely sees anything about these meth addicted babies.

Why is that? Why don't you "call the bad ones out on their BS and behavior" in the "white community." Contrary to what you think, middle and upper income black people do a lot to help poor black people, which is why more and more lower income black people are doing better today than in years past. The same is not being done for poor whites. You should stick to yours and let us stick to ours.
I love the "please ignore our criminal cultural...it is none of your business, besides you whites are equally criminal" excuse which ignores the thousands of whites who are victims of black violence every year.

It is hard to mind one's own racial business when you are an involuntary participant in the Knockout Game or your business is being flash mobbed robbed.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:33 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,763,837 times
Cops cant even do their job now in fear someone is going to call the race card, im sick of it. Lets all wear clothing that reveals no skin whatsoever and see who gets shot then. I am not racist, I don't care what color your skin is, if you are committing the crime you deserve what you get. Stop pointing fingers at the people trying to prevent the crimes and start blaming the ones committing the crimes.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:27 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Did black people ever give a damn about black people killing black people? Why no marches or riots about that??......Seriously, which bothers black people the most?.... or is it white cops (lawfully) shooting black people, that bothers them the most?
Money.

There is little to no money for the race pimps when a black person kills another black person.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:34 PM

684 posts, read 792,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
'You coward, you destroyed a family for less than two grams of marijuana': Police chief vents fury at suspect at center of manhunt for shooting dead Memphis cop during traffic stop.

Tremaine Wilbourn, 29, faces a first-degree murder charge in the death of Officer Sean Bolton, 33, on Saturday night, police said

During a traffic stop, Wilbourn confronted Bolton and they got into a physical struggle, Memphis Police Director Toney Armstrong said

Suspect then took out a gun and fired it, striking Bolton multiple times and Bolton died at hospital, Armstrong said.

Read more: Police chief's fury at Tremaine Wilbourn suspected of shooting dead Memphis cop | Daily Mail Online

Another tragic, common,......his death will certainly never be protested......and rarely reported murder of a policeman by a lowlife, criminal thug.
Because of the media, a lot of white cops are afraid of becoming the next Darren Wilson. They are hesitating more. In which they shouldn't be. If this killing (self-defense on Bolton's part) had been the other way around... Memphis would be rioting right about now.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao..Yeah that's it. Suffering from white guilt?
Not at all. Just observing the seething rage of so many on here against black people. You're welcome to offer another explanation.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:03 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Because of the media, a lot of white cops are afraid of becoming the next Darren Wilson. They are hesitating more. In which they shouldn't be. If this killing (self-defense on Bolton's part) had been the other way around... Memphis would be rioting right about now.
Being a cop is a tough job. I wouldn't want that job. Perhaps the rise in crime and murder in black majority, low income cities is due to police reticence. It wouldn't surprise me. The sad thing is most of the citizens in that community are not law breakers and they pay for the *******s that are.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 08-03-2015 at 05:13 PM..

Old 08-03-2015, 07:20 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Discussing this goes nowhere. Those who have their mind made up aren't going to change it. And to think they give even one INCH of a damn about "black on black" crime is laughable.

I'm a black woman. The idea that I have some influence over whether or not another black person commits a crime or fathers a child out of wedlock is asinine.

It's impossible to discuss topics like this because people are so eager to have a "gotcha" moment that they become intellectually dishonest. So much more could be accomplished if folks were willing to say "Yes, you have a point about ______. Now, let's discuss_____________.

Perhaps we SHOULD just have the race war and be done with the anxiety of the lead up to it.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:38 PM

684 posts, read 792,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Discussing this goes nowhere. Those who have their mind made up aren't going to change it. And to think they give even one INCH of a damn about "black on black" crime is laughable.

I'm a black woman. The idea that I have some influence over whether or not another black person commits a crime or fathers a child out of wedlock is asinine.

It's impossible to discuss topics like this because people are so eager to have a "gotcha" moment that they become intellectually dishonest. So much more could be accomplished if folks were willing to say "Yes, you have a point about ______. Now, let's discuss_____________.

Perhaps we SHOULD just have the race war and be done with the anxiety of the lead up to it.
Your first three points were really good. But...

I'd absolutely hate to see a race war. But it does seem inevitable at times because of the real war, which is the culture war. America is as culturally (not so much racially, at least I would like to say that) divided as it has ever been. With both many blacks and whites residing on both sides of the aisle. Never, would I want to see a race war because of cultural uprisings and differences. That is, the Thug Culture.

Know the real war. Skin color, is NOT that war.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:46 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Your first three points were really good. But...

I'd absolutely hate to see a race war. But it does seem inevitable at times because of the real war, which is the culture war. America is as culturally (not so much racially, at least I would like to say that) divided as it has ever been. With both many blacks and whites residing on both sides of the aisle. Never, would I want to see a race war because of cultural uprisings and differences. That is, the Thug Culture.

Know the real war. Skin color, is NOT that war.
Well, that comment was more tongue in cheek. It just seems like some folks are frothing at the mouth and/or paranoid about the inevitable race war. Who will ring the bell?

Until the "war on drugs" ends, inner city crime isn't going anywhere. And, by the time it does, the habit of violence will be so ingrained that it may not make much difference for some neighborhoods/groups of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies