Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 08:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Put your head back in the sand. The other posters are trying to have an honest and fact based conversation about the problems facing blacks in America. Nothing for you here.

The bottom line, whether you like it or not, is that:

-blacks are killing each other in numbers that are shocking and dramatically greater than anything anyone else is doing to them, and certainly far out of proportion to their 13% of the population.

-blacks also kill and rape whites far more than the other way around. 85% of violent crimes committed between blacks and whites are committed by blacks against whites.

-blacks are falling behind even immigrants who come to this country with nothing and can't speak English

-black college representation is miniscule, and dependent on getting a handicap of hundreds of points on the SATs

-black have recently put forth an entire series of incidents which are supposed to illustrate how badly they are treated, all of which have turned out to be some sort of hoax in which a black person endangered their own lives with ignorant behavior

-blacks tend riot and steal Nike shoes as a solution to these perceived slights

-not only whites but Hispanics and Asians have increasingly had it with the nonsense.

-You can expect the coddling to end the day Obama leaves office and the entire country realizes that his supposedly historic presidency had not moved the needle for the black community and their self-inflicted failure a single iota.
You left off 1 thing. "Black" people who came here from Africa, England, Jamaica and so on have the rep of being the MOST successful group in the US which def kicks racism away ate the biggest reason many American Blacks don't do well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 08:09 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Nothing else matters.
Why you hitting yourself? We're talking about cops gunning down innocent people. Whatever else is going on in the world, that's all that matters on that topic.

Let me know if you're still confused.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:17 PM

142 posts, read 193,549 times
Out of the 620,000 people that live here, a small amount of people are responsible for the murders, with everyday citizens caught in the middle. I'm sick of people mocking the blacklivesmatter slogan because of the city's violence. Yes there have been marches and parades of people walking down the street protesting the violence trying to take back the neighborhoods. Just because they don't show these everyday protests on the news like how they did the riots doesn't mean that they aren't happening. For the gangs and drug dealers here who are responsible for the killings, nothing matters to them. If there is a drug dispute and someone wants to kill somebody, there's little to nothing regular folks can do about it but stay out of the way. So don't put that on the entire city that 45 people died in a month. Foh..

Old 08-01-2015, 09:43 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I think you may have misunderstood the OP. The OP is in the same camp as the other racists posting here who keep trying to negate the mistreatment of black people by authorities.

I'm trying to understand why so many white people on here try to negate mistreatment by police by pointing out violence by gangs
This is a conundrum of mine as well.

People are such hypocrits.

And FWIW, there is no such thing as "black on black crime." If there is then we also need to have a discussion about "white on white crime" and "Hispanic on Hispanic crime" and "Asian on Asian crime" as all of these exist moreso than interracial crimes.

Black Lives Matter is about police reform plain and simple.

As AaronG stated, black people protest and work on violence in specific neighborhoods ALL THE TIME! Just because the media doesn't pay attention to it and you don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Social activism by black people are the primary reasons why crime has gone down in places like Atlanta and Chicago and LA and other major urban centers.

Trying to compare criminals committing crime to police/public servants committing crime is ridiculous. You are only showing your adherence to white supremacy ideology by spouting such things. And black people who subscribe to the belief that there is really a such thing as "black on black crime" as if other groups don't primarily commit crime against their demographic are also buying into the concept of black inferiority.

There is no such thing as "black violence." Violence is violence. When criminals perpetuate violence against the populace, they are arrested and brought to justice over 80% of the time. When police officers do it, they are put on administrative leave and then charges are not filed or are dropped or they get some sentence of 1 year and some probation for killing someone whereas a criminal gets 25 to life or the death penalty.

Also, crime amongst the black populace, like amongst whites, hispanics and Asians, primarily happens to the lower class segment of the demographic. Police abuse and mistreatment for black especially affects all classes of the demographic.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:48 PM

943 posts, read 781,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Those black homicides are investigated if a black civilian is the killer. Cops however are rarely charged and prosecuted. So the system is set up to only jail civilians that kill civilians. But not cops that kill civilians, especially if they are black.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:02 PM

943 posts, read 781,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Seems like a valid question to me. And that's the thing... the #blacklivesmatter people always insist that they want to "start a national conversation" about race, but then they get offended when asked the tough questions about black on black murder, etc.

I guess they don't understand how a conversation works. One side asks a question, and the other provides an answer and is free to ask questions of their own. They can't just take their ball and go home when a question comes that doesn't fit their narrative. Or actually, I guess that they can, but I think that means that they're on the losing side and need to take a good look at their own community and subculture before deflecting blame onto others...
Black murders are charged,arrested, and jailed. Cop murderers are not-- especially when the victim is black. Why can't you understand this distinction?? Cops have free range to kill anyone, especially if they are black. And this is because black lives are not considered important. We never say white lives don't matter to the white community because some white people kill other white people.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:06 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
47 people were murdered in the WHOLE STATE of Utah in 2014.

A whole state...in a whole year.
That's white privilege for you. I'm sure this has not gone unnoticed by the Obama administration.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Well, I used to live with black crime every day. And it's a horrible, horrible, nightmarish thing. That's pretty sad for you if you've come to see it as no big deal.
But hey, I have a solution for your problems: the police can completely pull out of the hood and let it rot. That would be fine with me.
Well, that's actually exactly what is happening in Baltimore now:

In Baltimore, Violent Crime Is Up, And Residents Say Police Presence Is Down : NPR

Murders way up, police presence down.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:27 AM

Speaking of Baltimore, sounds like more problems are surfacing with prosecuting attorney Mosby's conduct and her case:

Defense files misconduct charges: Freddie Gray previously tried to injure himself [Video] | John Hawkins' Right Wing News

Text Messages Show Marilyn Mosby's Office Went 'Judge-Shopping' | The Daily Caller

Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown died as a direct result of their own actions, namely, attacking and physically assaulting a private citizen and a police officer, respectively.

Time will tell about Freddy Gray.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:08 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Why you hitting yourself? We're talking about cops gunning down innocent people. Whatever else is going on in the world, that's all that matters on that topic.

Let me know if you're still confused.
I'm not confused. You want to focus on isolated incidents that add up to 1% of the killings that occur in the black community while the rest of the country wants to focus on the 99% of the murders in the black community since that is the only way forward that makes any sense.

No confusion here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies