Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 08:26 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,728,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Because of their open antagonism towards white people and their unwillingness to tolerate black lives being publicly regarded equally with all other lives, as we saw illustrated in the Martin O'Malley incident, as just one example, and the expectation that black people not be held accountable for their crimes, because they are black, as we recently saw in the Baltimore riots and elsewhere.
You perhaps misinterpreted the O'Malley situation. It's like saying "save the rain forests". No one's saying wayst save other forests but the problems are unique and movement focused on the specific needs of rain forests.

I don't think O'Malley should have apologized but his statement showed to them he wasn't attuned to their needs.

Quote:
Spin it how you like, but "blacklivesmatter" is a racist organization that promotes a racist purpose. While Democrats are all about promoting flavors of racism that suit their purposes, and then insisting that anyone who disagrees with them is a racist, there are a lot of people in this country who loath racism of any sort, including the kind of undisguised pro-black racism that blacklivesmatter exists for.

Also, anyone who believes that certain "races" of people are somehow immune to being racists because of their "race," is very certainly a racist. And that is true regardless of what that person's skin color is, or what sort of self-serving explanation that anyone comes up with to try to excuse their racism.
Race is a matter of power, so where black people have power they can certainly be racist. Again, the problems of black communities, given the unique histories, require unique attention because they are targeted by police, for example, in ways that poor white people are not.

We're all in this together. No need to deny their needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I note you did NOT respond to the OP's title, "how many killed by racist cops?

Why didn't you ask the OP, 'Why are you so fixated on bringing WHITE people down?"

The OP made this thread about RACE. Either deal with it or don't post.
I think you may have misunderstood the OP. The OP is in the same camp as the other racists posting here who keep trying to negate the mistreatment of black people by authorities.

I'm trying to understand why so many white people on here try to negate mistreatment by police by pointing out violence by gangs

Old 08-01-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
There are problems in poor white, Asian and Latino communities all over the country too. Do you see them murdering each other anywhere close to the rate of black on black crime in Baltimore or Chicago?
The black situation is incredibly unique and not comparable. I'm not justifying the violence. I live with it everyday. Get angry about it.

But we can also acknowledge black people, even middle class / professional people, are often mistreated by authorities.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:30 AM

59,354 posts, read 27,522,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I think you may have misunderstood the OP. The OP is in the same camp as the other racists posting here who keep trying to negate the mistreatment of black people by authorities.

I'm trying to understand why so many white people on here try to negate mistreatment by police by pointing out violence by gangs
"why so many white people on here try to negate mistreatment by police"

I don't think that is true.

What we have seen in the recent past that when a white cop "mistreats" blacks we find that that is NOT the case most of the time.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:54 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,147,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Funny, white people never gave poop about black-on-black violence. Until it became a lame counterargument to #BlackLivesMatter.

So, as long as more blacks are killing blacks, white cops killing blacks is perfectly fine, I guess. As long as more white women are being raped by white males, it's perfect kosher for blacks to rape white women, too. Is that how this argument goes?

Mick
This sums it up...

Old 08-01-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Funny, white people never gave poop about black-on-black violence. Until it became a lame counterargument to #BlackLivesMatter.

So, as long as more blacks are killing blacks, white cops killing blacks is perfectly fine, I guess. As long as more white women are being raped by white males, it's perfect kosher for blacks to rape white women, too. Is that how this argument goes?

Mick
Thank you. You perfectly articulated the disturbing feeling I was having trouble getting my head around. These racists jump on every instance, using black-on-black violence to scapegoat the issue of abusive cops.

Particularly, black on black violence is very limited to low income communities, whereas police abuse transcends all classes. It's different.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"why so many white people on here try to negate mistreatment by police"

I don't think that is true.

What we have seen in the recent past that when a white cop "mistreats" blacks we find that that is NOT the case most of the time.
No, we found that in one case. The others were clear abuse by the police. I mean, that guy shot immediately talking on his cell phone in Walmart? The 12 year old shot immediately on a playground? The guy on video shot multiple times in the back in a park?

Why can't we admit there's a problem? Why does that threaten you?

Last edited by Bluefly; 08-01-2015 at 10:22 AM..

Old 08-01-2015, 11:04 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,442,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Curious to see how the mayor and other authorities in Baltimore will deflect the blame on this one.

You mean there wasn`t mass demonstrations to bring attention to this ongoing injustice?

Old 08-01-2015, 11:37 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,324,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
That's not true at all if you spend any time in such neighborhoods. But why can't people be upset about police overreaching and gangs? I don't get why so many white people are so bitter. You think black communities like the internal violence?

I suspect it's the tribalism. These mostly white working class people really around police and against blacks, who they perceive as "other".

Either way, they gotta let it go.
Because black-on-black violence is a far, far, FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR worse problem, but it receives far less attention from the national media and from grandstanding politicians. And because countless neighborhoods have been destroyed by black-on-black violence, including my own at one time. I'm not aware of any neighborhoods that have been destroyed by police.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Because black-on-black violence is a far, far, FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR worse problem, but it receives far less attention from the national media and from grandstanding politicians. And because countless neighborhoods have been destroyed by black-on-black violence, including my own at one time. I'm not aware of any neighborhoods that have been destroyed by police.
It gets plenty of attention. Is there anyone who doesn't know about black-on-black crime?
So what does that have to do with cops gunning people down while chatting on their cell phones?

Do you understand the difference between government officials gunning people down and some random drug lord?

What conservative would ever be against stopping government from slaughtering our own citizens? Racism has turned you into a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies