Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 12:32 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Ha. I live with black crime everyday. There's a massive difference between our tax dollars used to slaughter people for selling cigarettes or carrying a toy gun around a store and the sad realities of a desperate, broken culture. Huge difference.
Well, I used to live with black crime every day. And it's a horrible, horrible, nightmarish thing. That's pretty sad for you if you've come to see it as no big deal.
But hey, I have a solution for your problems: the police can completely pull out of the hood and let it rot. That would be fine with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 12:39 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
The fact that you apparently don't bother to follow what's happening in your community doesn't mean others don't care about things like gang violence.

A cop gunning down an unarmed black man gets some attention. Concerned citizens holding routine meetings with police and school officials to try to curb violence in their communities generally doesn't make the front page. Rallies against this sort of violence don't get much attention either. That doesn't mean they don't happen.

Racists just want to focus on the black on black violence and pretend that no one cares, when in reality people are working on that problem all across the country every single day in just about every city of any size. The media just ignores it, either because they don't see money in it or because they're also desperately trying to push a racist narrative.
Christ, man, I was talking about the people who put up a banner in my school. . And your statements about the media prove my point. Some people here have a hard time following an argument.
And yes, there are people working on the problem of black-on-black violence every day. They're called the POLICE.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:40 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Default 45 dead in Baltimore in July alone: how many killed by racist cops?

It's always easier to blame something on others than to take responsibility for ones own actions.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Well, I used to live with black crime every day. And it's a horrible, horrible, nightmarish thing. That's pretty sad for you if you've come to see it as no big deal.
But hey, I have a solution for your problems: the police can completely pull out of the hood and let it rot. That would be fine with me.
That was weak. You know I didn't say black on black crime in specific low income areas is not a big deal.

Paying government employees to gun people down across all socioeconomic realms is a big deal, too. Street crime doesn't negate that problem.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:52 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Christ, man, I was talking about the people who put up a banner in my school. . And your statements about the media prove my point. Some people here have a hard time following an argument.
And yes, there are people working on the problem of black-on-black violence every day. They're called the POLICE.
Your argument is pretty easy to follow, actually.

You don't care about black on black violence, as evidenced by your apparent enthusiasm for having the police "completely pull out of the hood and let it rot."

In an effort to appear less racist, you project your lack of concern onto others. And if that weren't enough, you use black on black violence as a weapon to try to quash the issue of police violence against minorities.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:02 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
Quote:
Ha. I live with black crime everyday. There's a massive difference between our tax dollars used to slaughter people for selling cigarettes or carrying a toy gun around a store and the sad realities of a desperate, broken culture. Huge difference.

How?

Old 08-01-2015, 01:26 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
How?
One group is our employees. The other group is lawless rogues.

Why do you need blacks to stop killing blacks in order for cops to stop killing blacks.

You should really examine the bigotry in your heart I'd you don't get this.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:53 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Black lives matter is only a racially charged movement against any and all white people (esp white cops, Hispanics too: Zimmerman) for defending themselves against blacks.

Blacks can use the n-word. Blacks can kill other blacks. But at the moment a white person ever says the n-word and/or ever kills a blacks person...

They cry wolf racism.
And then some ask for additional entitlements due to the racism..

Old 08-01-2015, 04:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
The "desperate, broken culture" thing's gotten old. Sorry. Today's hood rats have NO idea how bad things really were for Black people during Jim Crow and their kind are disrespecting what Dr King stood for. Sheesh!

Old 08-01-2015, 04:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
One group is our employees. The other group is lawless rogues.

Why do you need blacks to stop killing blacks in order for cops to stop killing blacks.

You should really examine the bigotry in your heart I'd you don't get this.
Respect is earned. Act the fool, get treated like the fool and that goes for people of ANY skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies