Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 06:20 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
My 6 year old owns her own .22 rifle.

In 2 weeks, when my buddy and I go back up to New York this time with our boys, I'm teaching my son how to shoot for the first time. We'll start him off on the single shot .22, and then go from there. My friend has a CCW, but sadly New York doesn't recognize Ohio's CCW and out of staters are not allowed to bring hand guns up there...period!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 07:12 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,915,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
That's disturbing that you want to print out single shot pistols and probably not something you should admit on a public forum but I have read about those things and that they generally work. I'm also well aware of the black market, especially on the dark net where people go years without being traced.
Why is a single shot pistol disturbing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
I really don't think most people intending to kill someone are going to bother with that when for about the same price or a little more, you can get a black market dark web gun delivered to your house in a nice little package.
When I think of the "black market", I think of a big city back alley. Either way, you are taking the chance of buying from a law enforcement officer.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:05 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,023,818 times
Thanks for taking the time to respond you all. I learned some positive things by reading these posts. I have to fess up, I didn't really mouth off to these guys. I only asked him why he was carrying a gun in a holster. He said something about his 1st ammendment rights. The other guy I didn't say anything, just looked at him in disgust. Anyway I'll try to mind my own business from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Interesting, you mention symbology, in addition to weapons, as things that trip your perimeter switch. Certain symbology trips mine, as well. Day before yesterday, some jerk off, in line ahead of me at the pharmacy, was wearing a very formidable, combat knife. Not some utility tool. A weapon. Meant for combat. Hardly for cutting haystring. It was in a scabbard, emblazoned with swastika, Maltese Cross, and SS lightening bolts.

Think my switch didn't trip? Hell YES , it did. Especially since he, and his skanky woman, who was turning in the Rx, couldn't get a clue they were three days from getting it filled. Ohhh, think it was a pain killer scrip? Look, I have the same concerns , as you. Thing is, for some reason, arses bags , as we both describe, want to single me out, for their spleen. I can't make myself small, when they need a vent, they pull me out. Trust me, in all humility, I'm NOT someone to be pushed. When I act, on any defensive situation, it WILL be decisive, and I WILL win!

When k go into combat mode, its for keeps. I , firmly, believe, most , the huge % of, CCW holders, think in like mind, with me. We are NOT going to engage, unless the stakes are , quite, high. Thing is, don't play the game, if yon don't know the rules. If some jerk off , is pushing some guy, out with his girl, and that guy is trying all he can to just exit, that guy, is, quite possibly, the most dangerous man in the room. Get clear, if the aggressor, just WONT back off, especially if said perp, is targeting that mans lady. That's a razors edge, one way or tuther.

Do I exercise "prudenece"? I prefer the term "judgement". I know when my perimeter is in danger, and I need to react, with lethal force, and when I can extricate my loved ones, and just walk away. That , is the world, of we CCW folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I have been in this situation before and I could not walk away. I was in a small fender bender and the occupants of the other car were taking their time finding the insurance card all the while insulting me, my wife, my car, the Japanese (the maker of my car) and dozens of groups that weren't even present. My wife was in tears within the first minute and had to go sit in the car. My only replies were "yes sir", "no sir" and "exchanging insurance information is the law. Do you want me to call the police?"

When they drove off and I got back into my car, my wife asked why I didn't say anything to them. I explained in detail how if I had escalated the conflict into something physical then I would be at fault. Therefore I swallowed my pride and took the verbal abuse. I don't carry to protect myself and my family from verbal abuse, I protect them from physical abuse.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:32 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,355,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Thanks for taking the time to respond you all. I learned some positive things by reading these posts. I have to fess up, I didn't really mouth off to these guys. I only asked him why he was carrying a gun in a holster. He said something about his 1st ammendment rights. The other guy I didn't say anything, just looked at him in disgust. Anyway I'll try to mind my own business from now on.
You should've minded your own business in the first place.

Just sayin'

Old 08-04-2015, 02:01 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Big of you to admit that. Admirable, even. I carry concealed because I don't want, or need, anyone's attention, be it positive or negative. Just want to mind my own and be about my merry. Those is true of most people who carry concealed. I'm not a fan of open carry, but if that's someone's method, k don't disagree with it, either. I just don't do it, personally. Because its a personal thing, right up there with my lady and my closed door relationship. Not something I put a flashing sign up about.

Open carry draws unwanted attention, for me, personally. But I have no issue with it, either. The presence of a firearm doesn't make me nervous, unless it being displayed in a Nazi emblazoned holster, by some clown that looks like he needs a flea bath. Certain vibes make my situational awareness tick up a notch.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:54 AM

488 posts, read 1,177,197 times
Quote:
Then why did you lie in your first post? Or, are you lying now?
Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies