Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 10:38 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If I have enough guns and artillery, I won't be worried. I just don't have enough yet and I don't want the nanny government to tell me how much I can have because I want a lot more. Don't worry, you can have them too, we should all have them!

Your funny. I do enjoy reading your posts. In fact, was thinking about what you have been writing today, and decided to go out today and buy a new gun, just in your memory.

Your right. Everyone should have more than one gun in the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 10:46 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The NRA has already won the debate, and it hasn't even been close. I'm not sure why we're stilling talking about "gun control" as even a remote possibility. After collectively deciding to do absolutely nothing after the Sandy Hook school massacre, the debate here in America is dead, just like all those children.

Yes, they have won, but the anti-gun crowd will try again and again, as soon as they can find some other tragedy to hold out in front of them like banners. They prefer dead kids mostly.

Maybe they will get the idea after while, that they don't have the backing of the people and have the strongest people against them, with more influence and more money than any anti-gun groups. People are also realizing that even if more gun Laws where passed, they can not be enforced, and people would ignore them anyway, as they are doing now. Its a lost cause. We already have more gun laws than we need

Old 08-02-2015, 10:53 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Your funny. I do enjoy reading your posts. In fact, was thinking about what you have been writing today, and decided to go out today and buy a new gun, just in your memory.

I had a lot of fun writing those posts. I was writing parody but frighteningly, it just sounded like a typical NRA enthusiast. Oh well.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:05 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post

Everyone in the house should have one.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:31 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
I still reel when reading about Sandy Hook.

Why? Everyone who truly believes that incident happened as CNN reported - all live feed originated from that source - needs to find credible physical evidence of so. Please start a thread and post your sources. Make it a fat and juicy thread after checking all hysteria at the door, of course. That is a tall order here at C-D.

What anyone knows of SHES is what the media told them. I have researched it extensively and have found no physical evidence. Lots of tongue wagging but no evidence. No 500 kids evacuating a school closed for years, no sign of emergency activity, no credible press releases from any policing agencies...nothing. Remember the helicopter flying overhead for hours? What did it show that could possibly make anyone believe it was but a televised drill? Those people played their parts as they were supposed to. The town (federal government) then tore the dilapidated building down in short time to remove it from memory.
Who controls the present controls the past. Who controls the past controls the future. Get rid of the physical evidence and you have nothing but words. Those can be expunged as well.

Conclusion...PSYOPS. They happen all the time and no one knows of it. The left is waging war on America and disarming the public is top priority.

Obama weighed in and basically said so.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:42 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I still reel when reading about Sandy Hook.

Why? Everyone who truly believes that incident happened as CNN reported - all live feed originated from that source - needs to find credible physical evidence of so. Please start a thread and post your sources. Make it a fat and juicy thread after checking all hysteria at the door, of course. That is a tall order here at C-D.

What anyone knows of SHES is what the media told them. I have researched it extensively and have found no physical evidence. Lots of tongue wagging but no evidence. No 500 kids evacuating a school closed for years, no sign of emergency activity, no credible press releases from any policing agencies...nothing. Remember the helicopter flying overhead for hours? What did it show that could possibly make anyone believe it was but a televised drill? Those people played their parts as they were supposed to. The town (federal government) then tore the dilapidated building down in short time to remove it from memory.
Who controls the present controls the past. Who controls the past controls the future. Get rid of the physical evidence and you have nothing but words. Those can be expunged as well.

Conclusion...PSYOPS. They happen all the time and no one knows of it. The left is waging war on America and disarming the public is top priority.

Obama weighed in and basically said so.
So...you're saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the whole thing was faked? Those twenty children didn't die, the mother is still alive, the son is still alive, the school staff are all still alive? You're saying Sandy Hook didn't happen?

You're a Republican, right?

Old 08-03-2015, 09:46 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
If I'm not carrying a firearm, I may react in a similar manner. But NEVER, will I escalate such a confrontation whilst I am armed. For one thing, that's the law, for another, I've really no time nor inclination in abiding stupid people. I've no need to prove anything to my lady, either. She knows, in her heart, I would lay down my life to defend her from harm.

Some cretin, trying to get a rise out of me, will flip my defensive perimeter switch. But isn't going to get any reaction from me. They will not realize the danger they have put themselves in, by turning on that defensive mode, and it would be prudent, for them to cease and desist, and let us go on our merry, at which time they can continue to hurl invective, at our backsides.

Try to block our retreat, especially in a hands on manner, and their doing themselves no kindness. When you're carrying a weapon, you're operating at higher, much higher, standards. The law requires that, and even if it didn't, I would still adhere to that standard.
Sounds like you exercise prudence. But the few times I've seen people carrying a gun in AZ, MY safety perimeter switch clicks on. They're now a threat to me. How do I know that they're the "good guy". Because they're wearing some redneck flag and eagle t-shirt I'm supposed to let my guard down?

My safety perimeter switch has thus been tripped, and my anger switch is next to activate. And that's when the words happen. I probably have have alot of stifled anger I know, I'll eventually get my **s beat up or shot. Sometimes I wonder if I'm "the bad guy". I'm probably doing myself and society a favor by not owning a gun.

But I know my limits, I'm not going to block them, or threaten anybody in any way.

Last edited by New Horizons; 08-03-2015 at 10:06 AM..

Old 08-03-2015, 10:18 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Sounds like you exercise prudence. But the few times I've seen people carrying a gun in AZ, MY safety perimeter switch clicks on. They're now a threat to me. How do I know that they're the "good guy". Because they're wearing some redneck flag and eagle t-shirt I'm supposed to let my guard down?

My safety perimeter switch has thus been tripped, and my anger switch is next to activate. And that's when the words happen. I probably have have alot of stifled anger I know, I'll eventually get my **s beat up or shot. Sometimes I wonder if I'm "the bad guy". I'm probably doing myself and society a favor by not owning a gun.

But I know my limits, I'm not going to block them, or threaten anybody in any way.
so anyone carrying a firearm openly near you is a suspected bad guy, even though they are not doing anything wrong? i dont mind if you "safety perimeter" switch gets turned on, its a normal response. the "anger switch" on the other hand is disturbing however. when someone is quick to anger, that in itself causes problems. perhaps you need anger management counseling.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:42 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post

Interesting, you mention symbology, in addition to weapons, as things that trip your perimeter switch. Certain symbology trips mine, as well. Day before yesterday, some jerk off, in line ahead of me at the pharmacy, was wearing a very formidable, combat knife. Not some utility tool. A weapon. Meant for combat. Hardly for cutting haystring. It was in a scabbard, emblazoned with swastika, Maltese Cross, and SS lightening bolts.

Think my switch didn't trip? Hell YES , it did. Especially since he, and his skanky woman, who was turning in the Rx, couldn't get a clue they were three days from getting it filled. Ohhh, think it was a pain killer scrip? Look, I have the same concerns , as you. Thing is, for some reason, arses bags , as we both describe, want to single me out, for their spleen. I can't make myself small, when they need a vent, they pull me out. Trust me, in all humility, I'm NOT someone to be pushed. When I act, on any defensive situation, it WILL be decisive, and I WILL win!

When k go into combat mode, its for keeps. I , firmly, believe, most , the huge % of, CCW holders, think in like mind, with me. We are NOT going to engage, unless the stakes are , quite, high. Thing is, don't play the game, if yon don't know the rules. If some jerk off , is pushing some guy, out with his girl, and that guy is trying all he can to just exit, that guy, is, quite possibly, the most dangerous man in the room. Get clear, if the aggressor, just WONT back off, especially if said perp, is targeting that mans lady. That's a razors edge, one way or tuther.

Do I exercise "prudenece"? I prefer the term "judgement". I know when my perimeter is in danger, and I need to react, with lethal force, and when I can extricate my loved ones, and just walk away. That , is the world, of we CCW folks.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:18 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I had a lot of fun writing those posts. I was writing parody but frighteningly, it just sounded like a typical NRA enthusiast. Oh well.
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

You were writing the truth, and parting what you think to be true, yet is sounded nothing like the NRA....but you knew that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies