Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 07:04 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times

Advertisements

It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to buy a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Gun shows all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about guns on TV and the radio.

It's like American culture expects me to be carrying around a gun 24/7, and that if I don't own multiple firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 07:08 AM

361 posts, read 333,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to buy a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Gun shows all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about guns on TV and the radio.

It's like American culture expects me to be carrying around a gun 24/7, and that if I don't own multiple firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?
You are obviously a Lib. Se if you lived in a true Marxist society, the Government would either force you to have a gun or take guns away from you. You see here in America, you still have the right to choose buy a gun or not.

If you don't like the system here, you can always try living in a "gun free" society like North Korea or Cuba. In these places, citizens have no guns, the dictator is free to do whatever he wants and no one can fight back.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:17 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
No.

Go live in one of the dark places on this map

so you know only criminals carry.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:20 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
OP, No-one is forcing you to buy a gun. In fact most of us would prefer that you didn't. If I were my your next door neighbor, I would even put up a gun free zone sign in your front yard to protect you.. Just being neighborly.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:26 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,422 times
Quote:

No. I like having the freedom to carry. Thanks for playing.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:26 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
I would think that most people would enjoy owning guns.
Most people I know own guns, and have no accidents with them, and are good honorable respectable people .
I really don't see the problem with more people becoming responsible for tire own security.
If irresponsible people don't want to own guns, they an freely hang a sign on their door stating that, their place is a gun free zone, thus notifying any thug they are an easy target .
I'm good with that.
aren't you ?
Criminals don't need guns to take lives ,bombs do a much more thorough job and knives can be very effective as well as base ball bats.
People that choose to do nothing, and insist every one else do nothing, are the problem not the solution .
Liberals protect the criminals in unbelievable ways, the worst is attempting to disarm the good people.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:27 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Anyone else tired of the 'waaaaaaah people do things I don't like' culture?

Old 08-09-2015, 07:29 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,964,561 times
Default It seems like

Quote:

there's your problem right there: "it seems like".

Old 08-09-2015, 07:32 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,662,507 times
Quote:

merica luvs walmart, suvs and violence. What do you expect. not a nation of hi-thinkers

Old 08-09-2015, 07:37 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,996 times
I want more handguns. Ideally one in every room, but it's a big house.

I only have three right now. Need to get moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies