Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 12:57 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You can tell this to all the DNC senators who lost their seats in 2014 because of what I said. There is a reason that I put "delusional" in my post.
What do state elections have to do with a presidential election? I remember right wingers saying the same thing in 2010 and they still watched the GOP lose in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 02:05 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What do state elections have to do with a presidential election? I remember right wingers saying the same thing in 2010 and they still watched the GOP lose in 2012.
State elections? What elections in this country are not run by the states?

Furthermore what is a "right-winger"? As I said earlier, name calling is proof enough that you don't speak from fact or logic because that doesn't require such tactics.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:13 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
First Benghazi, now this.

Gotta love partisan politics.

Something tells me it will have the same outcome. Absolutely nothing.

Good luck.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:36 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post

Good luck.
Call it what you wish (partisan politics), but the crux of the matter is suspected criminal behavior by a government official. Those that wish to accept her explanations at face value with no investigation are fools or worshippers.

The focus is on her in the public eye, yet the fact she did not do this alone is just now meeting scrutiny. There many people involved at many levels and they too will be exposed. More 'surprises' will astonish the general public. The doors that are closed are closed by co-conspirators and the people behind them will shock the public. When those names get dropped, our jaws will too. I suspect the help received lives in a house Hillary wants to move back in to.

There is a reason she does everything she can to avoid the press in the manner she does.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:53 AM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times
Quote:
Do you honestly think the typical American voter really cares about this? This is just something to keep the political circles occupied for a while, there really isn't anything here to interest most people.
Yeah, actually she has taken a huge hit in her polling since this started, and continues in freefall. Sanders is up in New Hampshire, and some dems are talking of recruiting Biden, Kerry, or even Gore.

What is more, whether voters care isn't even the issue, it is wheter she will be indicted. This is not as out of the question as if may sound, because Obama and Clinton notoriously hate each other, and Lynch may be carrying out some kind of pre-emptive strike so that Biden can run.

You can get all current polling and news stories from around the nation on Realclearpoltics. Good site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post

Good luck.

Again, I am not sure you are even really paying attention. She may very well beat it, but something has already come of it. This is creating a huge opening for other candidates. That is already a matter of fact.

Old 08-14-2015, 03:16 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Actually if she did nothing wrong....
How do you determine that when the emails can be selectively scrubbed?

Old 08-14-2015, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Do you honestly think the typical American voter really cares about this?
The typical American voter should, this is a blatant act of 18 1/2 minutes.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:06 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, how stupid do you have to be to know that you have presidential ambitions and still do something as harebrained and risky as set up your own email servers for your little job of - oh, just US Secretary of State? Isn't this supposed to be an intelligent woman? Could she not have seen this coming? Did she not know that presidential candidates get vetted?

Or alternatively... how arrogant do you have to be that you can get away with this without facing election vetting issues?

Other politicians may be just as crooked, but at least many are more intelligent and thoughtful about how their choices are going to play out for their own goals.

Hillary deserves everything she is getting from this whole debacle.
I have no intent of voting for her, but bickering over non-issues like this sounds pretty desperate. I might actually end up playing in her favor.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
.. but bickering over non-issues like this sounds pretty desperate.

The only logical reason for her having the server at her house is so she could ultimately be the decider of what was and was not achived. Firstly those records belong to to us, not her. Secondly this is illegal, irresponsible and potentially criminal. Had she been an employee of the State Department she would have been immediately terminated and probably arrested. This is not a non issue.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:11 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have no intent of voting for her, but bickering over non-issues like this sounds pretty desperate. I might actually end up playing in her favor.
Yes, it depends but if the Republicans get nasty with Hillary (which will happen, as we saw in her testimony in one of the several Benghazi investigations) during the hearings, that could sway the independents if they perceive that Hillary is being treated unfairly because she is a woman (or otherwise).

If the perception becomes that the Republicans are conducting a partisan witch hunt (no snide comments, please), there will be a blow back.

"There is no reality, only perception" ~ Pauly Shore

In any case, grab a popcorn and get ready for a reality show unfolding for the next 15 months or so.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies