Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:18 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tell me why it was such a big issue then that Hillary had someone else fired for doing the exact same thing, and Obama created a policy which forbid it....
That's something Hilary doesn't want people to know.

The fact that she fired an ambassador for using a private email account is a real problem for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 07:21 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I read today that she had her server professionally cleaned.
You don't really need a professional to do that especially if you are just wiping the whole thing.

Darik's Boot And Nuke | Hard Drive Disk Wipe and Data Clearing

That said I would expect they would wipe, it would jst be another irresponsible act if they didn't. Because of the sensitive nature of the material on there it raises a whole bunch of other questions about who handled that server.

This whole deal is so wrong on so many fronts it's ridiculous.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What would you have Jeb be investigated for? What law might he have broken here in your mind?
I would not investigate him. I specifically said I do not care if he used Hotmail or not. These kinds of "investigations" are a joke, and the reason why people despise Washington.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:26 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
These kinds of "investigations" are a joke...
Having classified information being sent over a private server is no joke.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I would not investigate him. I specifically said I do not care if he used Hotmail or not. These kinds of "investigations" are a joke, and the reason why people despise Washington.
So in your mind, there was no valid reason for Obama to create a policy requiring government employees to use a .gov email address?

Old 08-14-2015, 07:31 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, how stupid do you have to be to know that you have presidential ambitions and still do something as harebrained and risky as set up your own email servers for your little job of - oh, just US Secretary of State? Isn't this supposed to be an intelligent woman? Could she not have seen this coming? Did she not know that presidential candidates get vetted?

Or alternatively... how arrogant do you have to be that you can get away with this without facing election vetting issues?

Other politicians may be just as crooked, but at least many are more intelligent and thoughtful about how their choices are going to play out for their own goals.

Hillary deserves everything she is getting from this whole debacle.
She's a Liberal, so she knows the establishment media has her back....

She knows that she won't get the same treatment as Christ Christie did over Bridge gate, wherein the media set up a lose-lose situation for him.....

He was awful if he knew it was going on, and incompetent if he didn't...

That same assessment fits this Hillary email sitch perfectly, but it'll be a snowballs chance is hell before the media treats it the same way.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:13 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Or alternatively... how arrogant do you have to be that you can get away with this without facing election vetting issues?
You're seeing a preview of her administration.....a total lack of transparency, lying, denying, deceiving, stone-walling, etc etc etc.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Having classified information being sent over a private server is no joke.
The way such issues are being used to play petty political games is a joke, and the reason why people would rather choose a guy like Donald Trump than the clowns in DC.

You are not concerned about the emails, you talk about it because you don't like Hillary. Who do you think you are kidding?

Besides, you are wasting your time, because she is not going to win the primaries. These elections are all about GOP candidates. Your focus should be on finding the best GOP candidate, not on kicking mud on someone who doesn't have a chance.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:38 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
State elections? What elections in this country are not run by the states?

Furthermore what is a "right-winger"? As I said earlier, name calling is proof enough that you don't speak from fact or logic because that doesn't require such tactics.
Sorry, I thought that was easy for you to understand, presidential elections rely on electoral college votes and takes a total of 270 to win which means a candidate needs to win lots of states, not just one. If you think 2014 means anything in 2016, then you must have thought the same thing in 2012 because of what happened in 2010.

I will also point out another factor that you have not considered, in 2014 the Democrats had a number of Senate seats up for election, this coming election it will be flipped. In 2016, the Democrats will have to defend 10 seats in mostly liberal states while the Republicans will have to defend 24 seats in a mix of states meaning the Democrats are gonna be on attack for any one of those seats that is a risk for the Republicans to lose.

Also another thing to consider, the Democrats are already much closer to 270 than the Republicans which means the Democrats only have to win a swing state or two while the Republicans have to win all of them.

Now I understand you probably don't want to admit to yourself that 2016 is gonna be a bad year for the Republicans, but that is what kind of election they will be facing.

As for the term right winger, it means anyone who's political view is on the right side of the political spectrum. So no, it is not a "name calling" word.....nor would I take offense to someone calling me "left winger" or "leftist."

Old 08-14-2015, 09:40 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Yeah, actually she has taken a huge hit in her polling since this started, and continues in freefall. Sanders is up in New Hampshire, and some dems are talking of recruiting Biden, Kerry, or even Gore.

What is more, whether voters care isn't even the issue, it is wheter she will be indicted. This is not as out of the question as if may sound, because Obama and Clinton notoriously hate each other, and Lynch may be carrying out some kind of pre-emptive strike so that Biden can run.

You can get all current polling and news stories from around the nation on Realclearpoltics. Good site.
Based on the GOP's track record, I have a feeling this will result in no indictments or charges of any kind. Heck, they are still trying to find something from Benghazi to charge someone with how many years later now? This is just smoke and mirrors from a desperate Republican party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies