Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 12:14 PM

601 posts, read 460,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
You believe that holding the life of the unborn child as valuable is "propaganda"?

Then you truly don't understand the position.

Also, if you truly understand the position, then you would at least agree that it's understandable why a pro-life person would want to stop abortion as such a common practice. You can disagree, but at the same time acknowledge that it is a reasonable viewpoint based on a belief of when life begins.

Heck, some pro-lifers would probably label me as pro-choice since I see life beginning at around 8 weeks, when the organs have found their purpose and the fetus is now one single being with body systems working together to sustain existence, instead of a bunch of autonomous cells.

I disagree that life begins at conception. But if someone told me that life beginning at conception is their fundamental belief, then I completely understand why they would want to protect that life day 1.
I most definitely understand the position. I just don't really care what the pro-lifers think. When it comes to what someone chooses to do with their body, I don't think anyone else's beliefs matter. I just find it pathetic that some people get so worked up over it. Like I previously stated, 12 years of pro-life BS from teachers I otherwise respected never changed my opinion on the issue. Do you really think I care what some random stranger online thinks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 12:21 PM

264 posts, read 229,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
They are in different stages of human life, that is all. One is growing inside the mother unless she chooses to take life away from it and the two year old has been growing for a while outside but hopefully nearby mom.

The 10 week old developing baby has to my knowledge never turned out to be a kitten, a pile of cells and so forth. It always grows into what?

Now as far as choices, if there is a God in some people's life, what would God say about the vast majority of abortions not related to violent crimes? Would he bless that or what?

Now if you are not a God person and are what I consider a science only minded person you would not have to deal with the human aspect probably 95% or more of the people do on this issue.

It's a tough issue any way you look at it.

Still Planned Parenthood and cutting through faces to get to the brain with beating hearts is too much IMO for most people.
Maybe if people were far more responsible in every way around this issue than they are now many would not be facing such gruesome issues in a supposedly civilized society.
Ugh...the video is a fake for crying out loud.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:12 PM

624 posts, read 379,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
I most definitely understand the position. I just don't really care what the pro-lifers think. When it comes to what someone chooses to do with their body, I don't think anyone else's beliefs matter. I just find it pathetic that some people get so worked up over it. Like I previously stated, 12 years of pro-life BS from teachers I otherwise respected never changed my opinion on the issue. Do you really think I care what some random stranger online thinks?
I didn't ask you to care.

I'm asking you to be honest in your analysis of other people's belief systems.

Is life valuable? Is it a fundamental human right? If the answer is yes, then logically the following must apply.

It is a moral obligation for anyone to be against killing an innocent human life.

If you don't believe the baby to be alive at a certain time, then you can try to make an argument for abortion while at the same time being consistent in claiming to be a moral person.

If you believe the baby to be alive, but think it's an okay choice to kill it, then you are an immoral person.

The fact that you find it "pathetic" that people would be worked up for it tells me that you just say you "understand" but you truly don't.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpotterfan77 View Post
If the video is true, would it change your position?

Why are you hoping that the video is fake?

Shouldn't you be holding up the video as a celebration of choice? Maybe hold some viewing parties.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:17 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpotterfan77 View Post
There was no video showing it, it was an ex worker talking about doing it.

Holly O’Donnell describes a medical technician using scissors to cut through the face.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There was no video showing it, it was an ex worker talking about doing it.

Holly O’Donnell describes a medical technician using scissors to cut through the face.
That wasn't an ex-worker.

That was a digital reproduction of a person talking. She wasn't real!

Old 08-20-2015, 01:21 PM

601 posts, read 460,189 times
Quote:
I didn't ask you to care.

I'm asking you to be honest in your analysis of other people's belief systems.

Is life valuable? Is it a fundamental human right? If the answer is yes, then logically the following must apply.

It is a moral obligation for anyone to be against killing an innocent human life.

If you don't believe the baby to be alive at a certain time, then you can try to make an argument for abortion while at the same time being consistent in claiming to be a moral person.

If you believe the baby to be alive, but think it's an okay choice to kill it, then you are an immoral person.

The fact that you find it "pathetic" that people would be worked up for it tells me that you just say you "understand" but you truly don't.
I understand, just don't care. It's nobody else's business what someone chooses to do with their body. If pro-lifers care so much, then perhaps the should invest in research that could make a fetus survive outside of a woman's body at earlier stages of pregnancy. Pro-lifers are entitled to believe what they want, it's not going to change my mind or beliefs, and it's definitely not going to changes mind about paying for such a procedure if the time comes. To me the whole movement is beating a dead horse (or fetus)

Old 08-20-2015, 04:04 PM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
I am asking these questions of different people.

And you have done nothing to logically debunk my argument. All you've done is state your opinion as fact, and you do a poor job of doing it. If you are going to state something and expect someone to buy into your viewpoint, you should at least go through the logical rationale that would lead someone to that conclusion. Think about when you had to do mathematical proofs in school. It's the same thing.

Honestly, if your goal is for people to be convinced of your argument, you probably should have someone else make it for you in a more reasoned manner.
and every person you ask gives you the same answer. inside of a womb...outside of a womb. not much better way of explaining that. I doubt you are that dense just don't want to accept the fact that is what people believe that have a different view than you do.

I am not trying to convince anybody to change their mind. I post on abortion to remind people it is legal, women will not go backwards to the days of back alley and coat hanger abortions. it is our right to choice.
I also post to combat the bs lies that some anti choice people try to post as fact.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:07 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Is there a definitive list of what body parts are used for in the 'research' arm of this industry?
A concise list that is.

And perhaps a report of the monetary values vs shipping & handling 'charges' in relation to the industry's profits - for all business transactions involved would be informative.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:48 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
more bs by the anti choice people. PP abortion services are 3% of what they do. don't want an abortion don't have one. simple.
So, has PP ever planned a parenthood? Even one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies