Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 08:51 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
and every person you ask gives you the same answer. inside of a womb...outside of a womb. not much better way of explaining that. I doubt you are that dense just don't want to accept the fact that is what people believe that have a different view than you do.

I am not trying to convince anybody to change their mind. I post on abortion to remind people it is legal, women will not go backwards to the days of back alley and coat hanger abortions. it is our right to choice.
I also post to combat the bs lies that some anti choice people try to post as fact.
Maybe women should go forward to choosing to allow a 1 month old baby to live. That's pro choice, right? Why not allow women to choose after the child is born? Then they can make a more informed choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 09:08 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Maybe women should go forward to choosing to allow a 1 month old baby to live. That's pro choice, right? Why not allow women to choose after the child is born? Then they can make a more informed choice.
what a dumb question.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:27 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
It's nobody else's business what someone chooses to do with their body.
It apparently was.

When a knocked up woman took a coat hanger to her pregnant uterus & it didn't end well or had a "back-alley" abortion that didn't end well, lots of people made it their business about the choices women were making for their own bodies.

Enter: "legal and safe abortions".

But then the envelope gets pushed farther - it's now a debate surrounding what week of gestation is a human life not really a human life until it is….and selling (while mutilating the body of the aborted) the organs of the aborted.

---------------------------------
Use birth control or don't have sex.

It really is that easy.

Before the excuses start? Closed societies, such as the FLDS, who don't educate their girls much past elementary school IF that (and certainly don't have sex ed or sit around and learn about birth control from their parents or at school) are full of the uneducated and oppressed and poor children who are smart enough to figure out when "Father" gets around to visiting & spending the night with their "Mother-sister wife #5", Mother ends up pregnant with another kid. Planned Parenthood didn't have to educate them all about it and I highly doubt mainstream teens go to PP to learn about the birds and the bees.

Condom broke? Stop. It's not like it isn't noticed.

Forgot to take your pill or get your shot or your implant is old or your IUD "fell out"? Restrain yourself or use a condom.

And if you have an irregular cycle? Keep some handy dandy preggo -pee stick tests on hand so you aren't 18 weeks when you finally figure it out. Can't afford them? Don't have unprotected sex.

Not brain surgery.

There is no excuse for ending up with an unwanted pregnancy in this day and age.

None.

Last edited by Informed Info; 08-20-2015 at 11:39 PM..

Old 08-21-2015, 12:32 AM

624 posts, read 379,313 times
Quote:
and every person you ask gives you the same answer. inside of a womb...outside of a womb. not much better way of explaining that. I doubt you are that dense just don't want to accept the fact that is what people believe that have a different view than you do.

I am not trying to convince anybody to change their mind. I post on abortion to remind people it is legal, women will not go backwards to the days of back alley and coat hanger abortions. it is our right to choice.
I also post to combat the bs lies that some anti choice people try to post as fact.
That isn't an answer to what I was asking. You keep saying that it's been answered many times, but it hasn't.

I'm not asking about a final conclusion. I'm asking about the logic and principles use to arrive at that conclusion. Is everything consistent?

Does "life" matter in the equation or not?

You stated before that choice is more important than life when it comes to a fetus. Why? What is the process that is involved in making that determination?

Why is the baby's life more valuable once it is not in the womb? What made is less valuable the previous day? Is it really less alive then or just less conscious?

Old 08-21-2015, 04:09 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,371,679 times
Quote:
what a dumb question.
What a dumb answer.

It's just tissue anyway, what's a matter of a few more weeks?

Old 08-21-2015, 04:27 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
more bs by the anti choice people. PP abortion services are 3% of what they do. don't want an abortion don't have one. simple.

"Want" is a strange word choice for someone who obviously doesn`t care what the child wants or how my tax dollars are spent.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:29 AM

Quote:
women, black women included are not stupid we know what abortion is. no one is forcing any woman to abort.

It`s not the woman who is being aborted.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then how does Planned Parenthood promote unplanned pregnancies with blacks? By denying black women help with birth control?
You don`t have to promote or discourage birth control in order to promote abortion.

Of course for many of these women, the option of abortion encourages irresponsible behavior.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And these black women in black neighborhoods are being forced to have abortions? Could it be that PP is placing clinics in neighborhoods where there is moor need for reproductive services, like poor metropolitan areas.

"Need"?

If there were a medical need for an abortion, the patient would already be under a doctor`s care and the abortion would be performed in a hospital.

These abortions are after the fact birth control?

Old 08-21-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:
I don't find your examples comparable. you may but I don't. a woman's uterus and how she manages her own body is different than a drug you put into your body. eating an aspirin or taking an experimental drug is not like a pregnancy in any shape or form just because they both are in a body.

it is not even close to selling an organ. removing an organ to resell is not like a pregnancy either just because they both are a part of a human body. how is removing a kidney like a pregnancy?

"killing an unborn child" is dramatic at best. most abortions happen at 8 weeks when it is far from a child.

So you are all for government telling people what they can do with their bodies when someone wants to sell an organ or use drugs and the privacy argument only applies to abortion.

Tell me something else I didn`t already know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies