Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 11:46 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Bush was the worst president in history. The residual effects of his 8 horrific years will be detriment to this country for many generations to come. President Obama is the BEST President that we've ever had, and he has done an exceptional job given that no President in the history of this nation has ever had the misfortune of following the disastrous presidency of Dubya Bush.

So this means that the "Blame Bush" crowd is absolutely CORRECT, and the "blame Obama" crowd is about as delusional and misguided as a self-mutilating New Ager who believes that she can talk to spirits of dead people. The "blame Obama" crowd is about as ridiculous as the idea that a rock can be a pet.
You should right fairly tales for a living. Your clearly talented in that regard, perhaps your only talent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 12:25 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Ok well aside from that obvious difference, my point was, do you think both sides are knee jerk reactors?? Don't you think it's a little boring and shows a lack of critical thinking?
does this mean you won't blame Obama once he leaves office?

Old 08-26-2015, 02:01 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. Growing the economy:

a. record numbers of unemployed citizens
b. record numbers of citizens in poverty
c. record numbers of citizens on foodstamps
d. falling incomes
e. most new jobs are part time
f. falling stock market
a.The low participation rate is due to retirees, students staying in school, and to a small degree increased disability insurance recipients. It's actually not a terrible thing.

b. You seem to be fixating on the recession (that began before he took office) and the outfall because it serves your narrative but the poverty rate has been marching downward for several years now. It fell from 15% in 2012 to 14.5% in 2013, the biggest decline since 2000, when the poverty rate started steadily climbing before changing course under Obama.

c. Food stamps rose relatively steadily from 2000 through 2013 and then dropped by more than a million in 2014, so again - the economic structures eroded steadily under Bush and are now being corrected.

d. Household incomes dropped from 2000-2004 then rose and plummeted from 2007-2012. They've been ticking slowly upward ever since.

e. The trend is that more people are employed full-time and fewer part-time. Part-time peaked in 2010 at 20.1% and has dropped to 18.3%, about halfway to pre-recession levels but moving in the right direction.

f. This barely deserves a response. The stock market adjusted for a much-needed correction and responded to global matters far beyond Obama's reach. By mentioning this it's clear you have an agenda. The stock market has more than recovered its recession losses and corporations have record profits. This is natural.

Ratio of Part-Time Employed Remains Higher Than the Pre-Recession Levels - dshort - Advisor Perspectives

I don't have time for the rest right now but if this was a president you'd selected, no doubt you would be crediting him or her with overseeing hundreds of thousands of new jobs a month and a shrinking government workforce.

Last edited by Bluefly; 08-26-2015 at 02:40 PM..

Old 08-26-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

2. Effective military:

a. Obama has removed effective generals and replaced them with liberal "yes men"
b. Obama has decreased the size of the navy, just when we need it most
c. Obama has misused military options to aid Islamic states
d. military moral at all time low
Military morale has been declining for decades and it's not surprising that a largely conservative military (because those personalities tend to be drawn to law and order governance) would be skeptical of a president who uses the military strategically and sparingly.

Better to look at outcomes, and in that regard one can't deny the surprisingly stong military leadership of Obama in being hesitant to send troops in and strain or destriy military families.

Quote:
3. Social Liberties:

a. expanded NSA spying on US citizens
b. forcing US citizens to buy health insurance they may not want
c. expanded use of drones on US soil
d. National Defense authorization act, which allows detention of US citizens without trial
e. attacks by the IRS on conservatives, simply for thier political beliefs
f. attacks on Christian (but not Muslim) religious liberties
g. spying on and intimidation of "opposition" journalists
h. attacks on the 2nd, 9th, and 10th Amendments
a.NSA powers were expanded well before Obama. He just took the heat for it.

b.Making people stop freeloading healthcare and not letting insurance companies kill children and adults should be a very pro-life conservative value, but it's sadly not. When conservatives designed Obamacare in the 90s, they were much more reasonable.

c. There proved to be no attacks by the IRS on conservatives. They looked into both liberal and conservative operations and didn't deny any of the conservative applications.

There's been no attacks on Christians. I don't know about the spying on journalists charge but if it didn't make the mainstream it probably was misrepresented. I'll withhold judgment.

Hilarious you think there's been an attack on gun rights. Sensible regulations over 80% of Americans - including gun owners - isn't an attack.

Quote:
Gee..................................... no wonder Obama is considered to be the worst president in US history. Now if you consider the worst president in US history to be "good", perhaps your judgement in that arena is flawed.
I'm sorry you're so uneducated about American history, but hopefully now that you know the truth you'll adapt your mistaken views, or at least moderate your radicalism.

Last edited by Bluefly; 08-26-2015 at 03:59 PM..

Old 08-26-2015, 04:21 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
does this mean you won't blame Obama once he leaves office?
I don't play that game. Making generalized sweeping statements like blaming one man for the world's problems doesn't take a lot of brain power.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:55 PM

595 posts, read 368,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

a.NSA powers were expanded well before Obama. He just took the heat for it.

b.Making people stop freeloading healthcare and not letting insurance companies kill children and adults should be a very pro-life conservative value, but it's sadly not. When conservatives designed Obamacare in the 90s, they were much more reasonable.

c. There proved to be no attacks by the IRS on conservatives. They looked into both liberal and conservative operations and didn't deny any of the conservative applications.

There's been no attacks on Christians. I don't know about the spying on journalists charge but if it didn't make the mainstream it probably was misrepresented. I'll withhold judgment.

Hilarious you think there's been an attack on gun rights. Sensible regulations over 80% of Americans - including gun owners - isn't an attack.
Obama has continued the unconstitutional NSA spy programs, and has even expanded them. While this started under the Bush administration with the Patriot Act Obama could have ended it and deliberately chose not to.

The Obama administration has stepped up its attacks on whistle-blowers, and journalists.
Obama's war on whistleblowers leaves administration insiders unscathed | US news | The Guardian
Obama Whistleblower Prosecutions Lead To Chilling Effect On Press
Obama's War on Whistleblowers | Mother Jones

Old 08-26-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
Obama has continued the unconstitutional NSA spy programs, and has even expanded them. While this started under the Bush administration with the Patriot Act Obama could have ended it and deliberately chose not to.

The Obama administration has stepped up its attacks on whistle-blowers, and journalists.
Obama's war on whistleblowers leaves administration insiders unscathed | US news | The Guardian
Obama Whistleblower Prosecutions Lead To Chilling Effect On Press
Obama's War on Whistleblowers | Mother Jones
I didn't suggest the NSA program didn't continue unde Obama - perhaps his biggest disappointment as president. I just meant it was an act of Congress well before Obama when conservatives controlled all realms of government.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:13 PM

595 posts, read 368,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I didn't suggest the NSA program didn't continue under Obama - perhaps his biggest disappointment as president. I just meant it was an act of Congress well before Obama when conservatives controlled all realms of government.
Agree, the fact that Obama continued the unconstitutional NSA programs will be a huge mark against him in history.

Get it now, thought you meant that he was blameless in it. The Patriot Act was a terrible bill to pass, on that I believe was passed not because the U.S. needed it, but due to fear after 9/11. Congressman who voted for it, and Bush definitely get the blame here for passing it.

Do not think we will see Obama do anything to get rid of the Patriot Act, or the unconstitutional NSA spying. Hopefully his successor will do so.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:02 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I agree except that Reagan was worse.

I guess to people who don't like low unemployment, healthcare for all, a rallying stock market, etc, then Obama is Satan. Idk how I feel about his foreign relationships, but he's been a damn good president. Hard to argue with the facts yet people just invent new ones about him. (So I guess it's not that hard....)
You will never convince the Bush (Jim Jones) Cult, that he was a lousy President and hurt this Country more than anyone can say. They just drink that Kool Aid, and one must not mention his name in any in any bad thing he has done, since its really Obama's fault in the first place.

I have no idea who they will blame after Obama has gone. Maybe we need a Republican President this time, so the Republicans can ask Obama to come back in a year or so.

Unless Donald Trump wins of course, which is not likely. If he wins the Nomination, he will need to get a "Pope Mobile" with extra thick glass, if he plans to be around for the real vote, I would think. He will have a lot of enemies, mostly domestic, and some likely in high places.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:10 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
Agree, the fact that Obama continued the unconstitutional NSA programs will be a huge mark against him in history.

Get it now, thought you meant that he was blameless in it. The Patriot Act was a terrible bill to pass, on that I believe was passed not because the U.S. needed it, but due to fear after 9/11. Congressman who voted for it, and Bush definitely get the blame here for passing it.

Do not think we will see Obama do anything to get rid of the Patriot Act, or the unconstitutional NSA spying. Hopefully his successor will do so.
Seems a lot of the Republicans and some Dems, are all for more spying and lifting Constitutional restrictions on the Government to fight Terrorists. I know Christie is one, and Ben is another. Hillary is a sneaky "Weasel" and would be all for it too, since she can't be trusted.

Wonder how Trump feels about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies