Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 06:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistas View Post
I used to listen to this kind of music when I was younger. Some beats are nice and the music gives you that "badass" feeling.

But I stopped. I want to have nothing to do with culture that glorifies crime, violence, disregard for society, glorifies "Gentle Giants" but sings "F the police", is only about "me me me and f everyone else", culture thats about glorifying you-lose-i-win instead of win-win.

I stopped after Zimmerman affair. I saw a man who defended himself vilified and persecuted and a thug glorified and that was the last straw for me. I donated to Zimmerman defense fund and decided never to give another dollar to anyone associated with this culture of depravity.

If you have kids who listen to this garbage, have a serious talk with them and explain to them what this music and culture really stand for and glorify.

P.S. Knock out game this.
Shouldn't this be in the 'Movies Forum?'

Nothing personal, but why is your opinion of rap music controversial or political?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 07:07 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,221,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
It's pure, talentless garbage!
And they are making a crap ton more cash than you, lol!

Old 08-26-2015, 07:08 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,640,422 times
See and hear violence everyday so not interested in listening to it nor paying to see it. You'd think through the music and movies no good thing can happen in black lives and I beg to differ. Rappers some of the wealthiest people on the planet and have the resources to help the needy in their own communities.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:14 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,701,993 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dcCfQy3EvQ

Old 08-26-2015, 07:22 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,221,390 times
Quote:

This should play right to the gang here at C.D., lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YawQPVuN-Kc

Old 08-26-2015, 07:42 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,652 times
Quote:
Wrong! I'm not a huge rap fan, but there is a lot of great stuff out there. Some of it outstanding social commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfo-EGDBEAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKgzAMJYmS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKHsGh-y8d8

Old 08-26-2015, 08:39 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,387,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistas View Post
Didn't see this coming What you don't understand is that people are not afraid of the labels you throw out anymore. You are the racist. You don't think people should be treated equally. You think people with a certain skin color should be given special treatment.
so then why should we give afician american special treatment, why not just treat them like everybody else. why should color give them a free ride. let them work like white folks

Old 08-26-2015, 09:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
so then why should we give afician american special treatment, why not just treat them like everybody else. why should color give them a free ride. let them work like white folks
What "special treatment" have i received? What "free ride" have i received? Work like white folks? What's that exactly? I know a bunch of white folks that don't do much of anything at work.

I've worked with more than a few.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:40 AM

399 posts, read 547,715 times
I've received like 10 new reps for this thread, yet only a couple of posts support me. This shows there's fear of speaking out about this, even online. Don't be afraid they'll call you a racist. THEY are the REAL racists.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:40 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
And they are making a crap ton more cash than you, lol!
Like I said, it is "make work". Urban youth have to spend their welfare dollars somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies