Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 09:35 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,425,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
And unfortunately they have this attitude throughout school. I think this negative peer pressure greatly contributes to why blacks on average have lower test scores than any other group. No other group calls out their peers out for being smart or say that they're "acting white."

I remember in high school almost all the blacks that did well in school were considered nerds and were pretty much rejected by the "cool" blacks. There are probably lots of blacks who don't work hard on their academics because of this. It's such a self-destructive way of thinking.
That and/or they think its cool to be like the others that are "cool" and follow what they do/fall in.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:15 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Black Lives Matter: 'Pigs In A Blanket, Fry 'Em Like Bacon' | The Daily Caller

Watching the BLM "leaders" try to downplay the "rhetoric" and attack others for condemning it. This movement is CRAZY!

I am rarely this disgusted.
I don't see a problem with them protesting. I believe ending white supremacy should be a core goal in America..

Old 09-03-2015, 03:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream View Post
It does not take 6 bullets to stop any person black or white, if you believe you are in jeopardy of being harmed.
Wrong.

Quote:
No one should be shot 6 times by a trained officer of the law, period.
Wrong.

You don't know what you're talking about.

It was only the final shot to the head that killed Michael Brown. He was charging during the first five shots.

Give it up already.

Obama and Holder were just salivating at the prospect of Darren Wilson being guilty.

And their own investigation found him innocent.

What makes you think you know better?

You don't.

Period.

End.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Sorry - just because some of those involved in the movement are not representing it well and doing it a disservice doesn't mean that the premise has no merit. The pendulum always swings to extremes - doesn't mean that some middle ground would not be better.

EVERYONE deserves to be treated fairly by the police - unfortunately some are being treated more fairly than others - THAT must change. It doesn't mean that the majority (whites?) will be treated more poorly...but if you want to believe that so you can be against the movement, whatever.
Here's a suggestion.

If you don't want to have problems with the police, then A) don't commit crimes, and B) do what they tell you to do.

See -- it's that simple.

Michael Brown failed on both scores.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastclevelandguy View Post
Americans kill exponentially more Americans than foreign terrorists do, but we don’t silence the antiterror lobby. The same logic holds for Black Lives Matter. They are not a group of mathematicians resolute on apportioning their protests to align with the frequency of criminality in America. Instead, the aim is to promote police accountability in a culture where it has been sorely lacking.

How is it that two mentally ill Black men targeting police officers constitutes a pattern, but the killing of Walter Scott, the killing of Samuel Dubose, and the killing of John Ferrell, all by police while they were clearly unarmed and committing no crimes, add up to a collection of unrelated, isolated incidents? How is it that the random acts of two mentally unstable Black men who had no formal or informal relationship with the Black Lives Matter movement constitute a trend, but the two dozen police killings of unarmed Black citizens again remain a collection of unfortunate but isolated incidents?

To be clear, the Black Lives Matter Movement is not an anti-cop movement. It is a movement that vigorously and voraciously opposes the overpolicing of Black communities and the state-sanctioned killing of unarmed Black people (and, yes, all people) by the police. It is a movement that insists on holding police accountable for their violence and that will hold police to a higher standard precisely because the state gives police the right to use lethal force. With more power comes more responsibility.

How deeply emotional must one be to deliberately disregard the unspoken “too” at the end of every proclamation that “Black lives matter”? We are all entitled to our feelings, no matter how f#!k#d up and misguided they are. But white people’s feelings become facts in a system of white supremacy and these “facts” are used to guide social policy.

This is not unlike how racial conversations happen in our country. Black communities are experiencing an epidemic of severe police brutality. Even when encounters with law enforcement don’t end in death, they are often shot through with disrespect from officers drunk with power. When we point this out, and when we point to case after case and story after story of inappropriate treatment, we are told that we are merely imagining it. Things aren’t that bad. The cops are the good guys. And see, they get killed, too!

“The cops get killed, too. And the BLM anti-cop rhetoric is the cause of it.” Such accusations, whether stated or implied, are designed to put Black people on the defensive. We are then supposed to prove that we are both human and humane, non-violent, empathetic, and non-dangerous. We are supposed to prove to white people that we are good people, that we are not a threat, that we mean them no harm. Never mind the harm that many of them have caused us. More than all that, we are not “reverse racists.”

Finally, the claim that the black community ignores black-on-black crime shows a remarkable ignorance to intrarace discussions. Go to any black church, civic organization, or school, and hear pleas to stop the violence. Turn on the television and see a gross overrepresentation of black-on-black crime. This issue is fully explored in the media, and the demographic makeup of prisons shows that the public takes it seriously.
Why should anyone even read your posts when you're supporting a group that calls for killing cops?

They shouldn't.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I think I found the mascot for City Data!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMGL8lK0Hvw

He sounds like 90% of the P&OC forum! Ignorant s.o.b.
Don't let the door hit you you-know-where.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I don't see a problem) with them protesting. I believe ending white supremacy should be a core goal in America..
The only supremacy I see is "people of color" supremacy -- racial preferences, affirmative action, welfare, endless excuses.

Time to end racial preferences, affirmative action, welfare, and wrist-slaps by the criminal justice system.

No more favoritism.

No more excuses.

No more handouts.

Behave like responsible human beings -- or leave/starve/spend your life in prison.

That is the message that needs go out.

That is what needs to happen in order to have a civilized society.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:11 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I don't see a problem with them protesting. I believe ending white supremacy should be a core goal in America..
What is your answer to Black Power in America? You do know just as some whites tattoo white power, some blacks tattoo black power, where is the difference?

Old 09-03-2015, 06:29 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The only supremacy I see is "people of color" supremacy -- racial preferences, affirmative action, welfare, endless excuses.

Time to end racial preferences, affirmative action, welfare, and wrist-slaps by the criminal justice system.

No more favoritism.

No more excuses.

No more handouts.

Behave like responsible human beings -- or leave/starve/spend your life in prison.

That is the message that needs go out.

That is what needs to happen in order to have a civilized society.
There are those who would call that a racist opinion. I assume, like me, you don't give a damn when a liberal do-nothing calls you a racist. I applaud this post.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:34 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Black Lives Matter: 'Pigs In A Blanket, Fry 'Em Like Bacon' | The Daily Caller

Watching the BLM "leaders" try to downplay the "rhetoric" and attack others for condemning it. This movement is CRAZY!

I am rarely this disgusted.
I was reading a book recently about the JFK era.

It had a point from someone back then that I feel still applies today.

Blacks really want change, then they as a culture need to have a higher emphasis on education and stop allowing so many of their young people to drop out of school. It isn't anyones job to make changes but their own. They make up huge voting blocks in some areas, so go out and vote. Chants like this only further cement the image of animals rioting in a ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies