Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 05:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times

Advertisements

#HandsUpDontVolley

Old 09-10-2015, 05:33 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
If you are going to claim racism, at least have the decency to actually look like a minority.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:56 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,396 times
would you guys be alright with blake (if he had a gun) shooting down the white male who charged and tackled him?

i dont really see the difference between this white and michael brown. the white male was plainclothes officer who didn't say who he was (for all blake knew he could've been trying to kill him), and feeling threatened blake should've been able to defend himself by shooting the aggressive white male.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:04 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Imagine a white male officer in plain clothes refusing to identify himself, just charges you like a bull while you are texting on a phone outside of a hotel. My question is why couldn't have Blake feared for his life and shot the charging white bull?

Cops Slam Ex-Tennis Star Into the Ground After Mistaking Him for Identity Thief | Mediaite
"My question is why couldn't have Blake feared for his life and shot the charging white bull?"

And all along i thought you were smart!

Duh! NY does NOT have a Castle Doctrine law.

I have no idea who this tennis player is, I don't follow tennis, but, in the picture he looks white to me.

The article does NOT say what the race of the several cops are.

how do YOU know they aren't black?

Just more race baiting.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:07 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Does that make the rest of the story OK?

(How about if it was an INNOCENT, but shabby looking, thuggish looking black man? Would it be OK with you then? EG: Do rights apply to all people, or not?)
I play tennis. I watch tennis.
No idea who that guy is.

None of this is right. Famous athlete or accountant or janitor.

Just love how the media ratchets up an already terrible, stupid, unacceptable situation with their exaggerations.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:15 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They just bumrush and tackle people that buy cellphones with stolen credit cards? How about approaching the guy and asking him for his I.D. first?

Oh yeah...i forgot. The unarmed man looked like a dangerous thug standing outside of an expensive hotel waiting for a taxi service.

But hey, i'm sure they treat all people this way....right?
Well....he's black. He probably is able to run as fast as Usain Bolt or leap tall building like Micheal Jordan....in which case the officers would have feared for their lives, as he fled or bounded away, and would have shot him. I mean, when you put all the statistics on blacks together....look at the Olympics, the NBA....blacks disproportionately running fast and jumping high. Add that to the statistics showing blacks disproportionately committing crimes....and the officers behavior makes PERFECT sense. Hell....he probably saved the the tennis players life, lest he would have had to shoot him for buying a phone with a stolen credit card.....oh...and he probably could fight like Mike Tyson and statistically probably had a low IQ, which mean he probably would have made a bad decision if the officers just walked up to him and asked questions....all of which is rooted in the fact that he was likely one of the 73% of black kids born out of wedlock. If had had not killed someone, YET, it was just a matter of time. The phone was just the beginning. Yeah....yeah....that't the ticket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyp9fh-u4w8

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-10-2015 at 06:31 AM..

Old 09-10-2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"My question is why couldn't have Blake feared for his life and shot the charging white bull?"

And all along i thought you were smart!

Duh! NY does NOT have a Castle Doctrine law.

I have no idea who this tennis player is, I don't follow tennis, but, in the picture he looks white to me.

The article does NOT say what the race of the several cops are.

how do YOU know they aren't black?

Just more race baiting.

articles of this are all over the net.

5 white men.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:47 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
He's black? Sure is fair looking.

(Cough) race-baiting thread (cough).

Old 09-10-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
He's black? Sure is fair looking.

(Cough) race-baiting thread (cough).

go away if you are not going to stick to the topic of 5 white male cops attacking someone for no reason.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:54 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I play tennis. I watch tennis.
No idea who that guy is.

None of this is right. Famous athlete or accountant or janitor.

Just love how the media ratchets up an already terrible, stupid, unacceptable situation with their exaggerations.
You sure you watch tennis, Blake was in the US Open in 2003-2006, Australian Open, Olympics, Davis Cup. He left Harvard to play tennis. He had a run in at the US Open where Leyton Hewitt claimed that the black referee was giving Blake an advantage because they were both black, right in the middle of the match. He handled it with class.

Totally class act, this is not going to be a banner moment for NYPD.

How many athletes do you know that were mistakenly wrestled to the ground coming out of a hotel in Manhattan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies