Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:37 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,774,514 times

Advertisements

I don't see how they can make it work. It seems that if they got lasting control over a region in the middle-east that region would turn into an economic basket case. But they probably wouldn't mind that as long as they can implement sharia law. Maybe it would work for awhile but I can't see it working for very long. All they have going for themselves is the ability to kill a lot of people who don't agree with them.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:39 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
I don't see how they can make it work. It seems that if they got lasting control over a region in the middle-east that region would turn into an economic basket case. But they probably wouldn't mind that as long as they can implement sharia law. Maybe it would work for awhile but I can't see it working for very long. All they have going for themselves is the ability to kill a lot of people who don't agree with them.
No. I think Iran will end up destroying them.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:23 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
Not a chance at all.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:44 PM

1,347 posts, read 955,058 times
Quote:
I hope they form a functioning state from which severe, consistent and powerful attacks directly into the heart of iran, syria (against assad), and lebanon (against hezbollah) can be made frequently, and aggressively. I pray they are able to strike at the cancerous, diseased, murderous fake regime of thugs in iran, and destroys that regime, its military, its illegal nuclear weapons program, and all of its proxy army units around the region.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:53 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,799 times
They got territory. They got oil. They appear to have the will to govern, whatever that form may take.

I say they are here to stay. Sure glad we invaded Iraq, spent all that money, lost all those soldiers' lives. The only thing we failed at was stealing the oil.

Oh, and we let the terrorists win after all.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:56 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,110 times
ISIS will start exporting it's terrorist ideology into areas outside the Arab world.

Eventually bringing Jihad to the USA, probably through the border Obama says is secure, yes that one that we now have toddlers in HUGE numbers crossing daily.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:22 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
ISIS will start exporting it's terrorist ideology into areas outside the Arab world.

Eventually bringing Jihad to the USA, probably through the border Obama says is secure, yes that one that we now have toddlers in HUGE numbers crossing daily.
I agree with you 100%

Now then, what do we do about it? Wage war without end in the Middle East? Or close up our borders and get all defensive? After all, we are on the verge of energy independence, meaning that the oil we import can go to Europe, leaving the OPEC nations in a world of hurt.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:25 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
They do have a call out for engineers, but I didnt see any specific laser engineer requests.

Now onto what was meant....No. I think Iran will eat them for breakfast. The real question in my mind is what price Iraq will have to pay. That whole area has always been a mess. The Kurds might manage independance though, thats harder to say in my opinion. But I will be honest and say I dont have a large amount of knowledge about this area, so I wouldn't bet either way.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:35 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,690,264 times
Quote:

About a snowball's chance in hell. Not gonna happen. I think even nations that were previously supporting them are backing off their support for fear that the monster they created will also turn on them. Now they are essentially caught in no man's land going up against the Syrian regime, Iran, the Iraqi military, the Kurds, Russia...etc. Notice that they've stopped making gains in Iraq and have mostly gotten into a stalemate.

If Al-Maliki makes them the right offer, the Kurds would quickly drive ISIS out of Mosul as well.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:42 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times
They are opening a war up on 3 fronts, so it's not likely they will last long at all. Plus, they will eventually end up having infighting which will speed over the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies