Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 04:06 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,464,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You are absolutely wrong on the first point. You should have said this......
  • National security concerns must not violate the rights and privileges granted by the US Constitution.
Anything else is just an excuse to violate people's rights.

I do agree with you on the second point. People often forget the Constitution when pushing their agenda.
There wouldn't be a U.S. or a Constitution of use to anyone if our national security were destroyed -- say by traitors in this country enabling a foreign power to defeat, occupy and take over our country.

During WW II, people weren't asked to black out their windows and accept food rationing, they were told to do so.

There are times when national security really does trump the freedoms we enjoy in peacetime.

That's why I don't criticize the internment of Japanese-Americans (as well as German- and Italian-Americans) during WW II.

The only reason why the Soviets (and later the Red Chinese) had nuclear-armed ICBMs aimed at our major population centers was because American traitors gave the atom bomb to those countries. We were the only ones with the bomb, and we certainly didn't give it away voluntarily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 04:10 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,422,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
There wouldn't be a U.S. or a Constitution of use to anyone if our national security were destroyed -- say by traitors in this country enabling a foreign power to defeat, occupy and take over our country.

During WW II, people weren't asked to black out their windows and accept food rationing, they were told to do so.
When were people told to black out their windows and for what reason? Who was stopped from growing as much food as they pleased?

Quote:
There are times when national security really does trump the freedoms we enjoy in peacetime.

That's why I don't criticize the internment of Japanese-Americans (as well as German- and Italian-Americans) during WW II.

The only reason why the Soviets (and later the Red Chinese) had nuclear-armed ICBMs aimed at our major population centers was because American traitors gave the atom bomb to those countries. We were the only ones with the bomb, and we certainly didn't give it away voluntarily.
LOL....

Old 09-16-2015, 05:11 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,464,432 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When were people told to black out their windows and for what reason?
Read history.

It's not hard, especially being so recent.

Quote:
Who was stopped from growing as much food as they pleased
Food was rationed.

People got coupon books.

As for growing food, I wasn't talking about that.

Read history.

It's not hard, especially being so recent.

This isn't kindergarten.

Quote:

Quote:
LOL....
I'm glad you find these things amusing.

We all have to get our giggles somewhere.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:02 AM

32,911 posts, read 19,593,378 times
my opinion is snowden is a traitor , he violated his security clearance , he violated the trust in him, he risked the lives of patriots who are trying to keep this country safe

he should go to jail

and I am the farthest away from a liberal

manning and snowden are traitors

I am retired army..after 26 years in service, and a federal employee with a TS security clearance.... understand what a security clearance is..I understand what OPSEC/SIGSEC is

I DO understand that he violated his job, and his loyalty to his country
I
both STOLE and released information that put people is danger

yes it is treason...... he violated HIS security clearance ...he violated HIS employers regulations....his employer being the USA..therefore plane and simply, he is a traitor

whether you agree with the policy or not..giving away state secrets is traitorous , and is certainly a violation of his oath

and at the time of his job (right up till a few days ago)it WAS constitutional, his JOB and OATH was to do the JOB and bear true faith and allegiance to HIS COUNTRY who is employing him

not LIE and take the JOB just to find out secrets to ILLEGALLY reveal them....he is a TRAITOR...he DID subversive acts against his country and his security clearance

military oath:
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

CIA oath:
The CIA oath reads: “I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

snowden and manning both violated their oaths...disobeyed orders and regulations and laws

snowden crapped on the country

Old 09-16-2015, 08:51 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,259,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What he did was give away to the world (enemies included) much of Americas secrets and operational infrastructure.
I dont appreciate his actions and wonder how many American lives have been lost as a consequence of his actions.
If he is so proud of his actions why does he not come home and defend his actions rather than hide out in Russia.
I think the guy is a traitor and sometimes wonder how much the Russians paid him to give away all those secrets.
As for his outing the NSA? Did you really think the NSA wasnt spying if needed on any one in the world and do you think they arent still as active as they ever were?

Right. I could even have a little more respect for the guy if he wasn't hiding in a country that promotes the exact opposite of everything he said he was trying to expose.

Those who think Snowdon is a hero are ideologues. The reality of the consequences of his actions are ignored..

Old 09-16-2015, 09:03 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,596,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I'm sure some good and bad will come out of Snowden's efforts over the next several decades. But I wouldn't call him America's biggest hero by any means. It's so easy to name others that had a much larger positive impact on the nation than Snowden. Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King come to mind.
Actually your wrong. Abe an MLK fought for "Freedom" and so did Snowden, at great personal loss. He exposed the secret plots to take away our Constitutional freedoms by the same kind of mindset that harbored Slaves, and oppressed the rights of Blacks.

You have to remember that all the oppression was Government backed, in all cases, and it was the "People" who forced the change. You can't defend MLK who fought against Government policy, without defending Snowden, who also fought against "Secret" Government Policy. He is a "Hero" and will always be one to Freedom Loving people, now and in History.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
National security must be balanced against personal privacy and freedom.
That's what Hitler said. It all depends on who is saying it, and the extremes they are willing to go to fr their own opinion of what that "Balance" must be.

A "few" in Washington, can not decide what freedoms all Americans must surrender, behind closed doors, and secret little groups. They work for us, to do our will. WE don't exist and pay them to do their will.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
my opinion is snowden is a traitor , he violated his security clearance , he violated the trust in him, he risked the lives of patriots who are trying to keep this country safe

he should go to jail

and I am the farthest away from a liberal

manning and snowden are traitors

I am retired army..after 26 years in service,
Your opinion of Snowden is same as asking a "Waffen SS Member" his opinion of Hitler. Its invalid in the scheme of things. Sorry.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:19 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,532,332 times
The left is twisted into knots over this guy. They would LOVE him if Bush was still in office. The irony of their fauxtrage does not go unnoticed.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,034,740 times
Welp... we certainly can tell who the statists are. And they are on both sides of the aisle, which just feeds more in to partisan hackery, and hypocrisy coming from both sides. Your government can do no wrong. Move along, nothing to see here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies