Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 04:37 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,575,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
What a perfect example of a know-it-all civilian loaded up with opinions and completely devoid of facts. (Sigh.)

If you were read into the program and understood how it was operated, you'd understand it. But you weren't, so you don't. Those who are can't discuss it. It's what you refer to as 'Government Gibberish." (We call it "intelligence oversight" and the law. Google it.) It's why all three branches of government approved the program. (Yup. Including the judicial branch.)

That's one of the problems with Snowden. He wasn't read into the program, so he didn't understand it. Come to think of it, he wasn't read into any programs - he was the equivalent of a contract computer janitor.

(Proving once again that the ones you have to pay particular attention to are the janitors and IT techs and copier repairmen and delivery people - all the ones who routinely access intel sites but aren't cleared for what's going on there. David Crawford wrote a book about it back in 1983 - it's called "Volunteers.")

DOJ would love to get their hands on Snowden. The problem is, he has a ton of more material that hasn't been released yet and co-conspirators who have threatened to release it if he is captured. (One was arrested at Heathrow with 58,000 classified pieces in his possession.) Hence, Treadstone.

When you can accurately answer this question, you will know enough about the program to discuss it: What two pieces of paper are required before the metadata can be tied to an actual US person, and what is required for the second piece of paper to issue?

You can save all the BS and double talk for idiots. The only "piece of paper" that has any significance here, is the Constitution, which was violated knowingly by the Criminals who ran this illegal program. That's the only "Facts" needed here.

No one believes that crap your trying to sell anymore. The phony "Secret Courts" which can not be verified, the "Secret" warrants, which also can not be verified, and the Criminals that support these programs, is a bigger threat to Americans than ISIL is.

Snowden proved that there was a lack of "Oversight" in the power structure of the Secret programs and that much was kept from the folks who provided that oversight. You can also downplay Snowden's importance and knowledge, but evidently he was a lot smarter than anyone else there, because he got what he wanted, regardless of the idiots who where on watch.

I would not want to be read into any program that Traitors to the Constitution came up with. They betrayed the Trust of the American People, and are worse that Criminals. They should be arrested for Treason against the United States. So should those who where "read into the program" and allowed it to continue. Real American Patriots have no use for Traitors who violate the Constitution in this Country, and betray their own citizens with "Secret" Programs.

You say "Treadstone" for Snowden, for being a Patriot, much like what the Nazi Mindset was, and I say just a plain old fashioned "Gallows" for the Criminals involved in the secret spying on Americans. Hang them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 04:43 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,575,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
If every American Kid wanted to be like Snowden this country would be fuc@ed.

Nah, that's not true. People like you would be. And you know that. Kids like Snowden, and Citizens like myself, refuse to live in a Country that wants to operate like Nazi Germany, under Police State Law, and no Citizens Rights.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:48 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,701,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So he wasn't with the "program". That's why people support him. There is only one thing that matters. The courts have sided with Snowden.

What was going on was illegal. It's not O.K. because you are with the "program".
...with the "program."

Wow. We aren't even trying to use the words properly anymore.

You aren't 'with the program,' as in "Get with the program!"

You are granted access to a program so that you can do your job, whether that job is collecting, analyzing or using intelligence. When that happens, you are presented with the capabilities and restrictions of the program so that you can do your job properly. The restrictions are particularly important, and it was those restrictions which Snowden did not also leak. (Probably because he didn't know about them, but that is only my speculation. I haven't interviewed him. Yet.)

The courts did not side with Snowden. The program was actually run for years through a court. The FISA court. That is a court. A real, live, judicial, federal court, with real, live, federal judges. My recollection is that one district court (or appeals court - I frankly forgot which), presented only with certain arguments, and only after Snowden's selective leak of part of the program, thought the program generally did not pass constitutional muster.

And if you think that outing this program was a good thing, consider this: The workaround that the White House has selected as the best way to preserve the capabilities but protect the rights of the US Persons is to have the phone companies keep the data, not a secret government lock-box which was previously unknown to every divorce lawyer or drug prosecutor with subpoena power. But now all the phone companies are supposed to keep the data, which means the aforesaid divorce lawyers and drug prosecutors are going to be able to subpoena that material for every run-of-the-mill court case they want to win. (And folks, it's like baseball - everybody wants to win.)

So be careful what you wish for... Now everyone with subpoena authority (pretty much every lawyer in America) can get your last five years' worth of phone data. And you can thank Snowden for that.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
I posted the link more than once...the courts have sided with Snowden.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:09 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,244,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Nah, that's not true. People like you would be. And you know that. Kids like Snowden, and Citizens like myself, refuse to live in a Country that wants to operate like Nazi Germany, under Police State Law, and no Citizens Rights.

Me too. I'm not sure if you are aware but the US is absolutely nothing like Nazi Germany

Old 09-17-2015, 05:55 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
Once again. Let me say this. Snowden is a hero. Hero's are villains to somebody. Do I really need to list all the Hero's in history who exposed the government for what it was? All of those hero's were villians to the status quo government.example. we all agree Nelson Mandela is and was a hero.... Yet... Our former vice President branded him as a terrorist and a threat to the united States. Dick Cheney was the sec of state under the Reagan admin and they fully supported the Apartheid regime. Snowden pissed off the status quo government who has been illegally spying on US for years.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:04 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
I posted the link more than once...the courts have sided with Snowden.
Then why did he run?

Chickensh** coward.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Then why did he run?

Chickensh** coward.
You can't tell your story in prison and the last two presidents have stated that they have absolutely no respect for due process.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:12 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
You can't tell your story in prison and the last two presidents have stated that they have absolutely no respect for due process.
He shouldn't have run.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He shouldn't have run.
Tapper should have been charged with perjury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies