Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 10:21 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times

Advertisements

Clearly Carly over the two debates had the best overall performances. Like her or hate her she has elbowed her way to the top.

I'll be surprised that within one week if she is not at the number two spot behind Trump.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:21 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Default Conclusion: The GOP is in deeper trouble than I thought

Carson. He looks about as out of place as a runaway slave with amnesia. He's clueless to the fact that his party will never have a black man as its representative.

Walker. Obviously, he's out of his league here. He's an uneducated hick and it shows each time he speaks. He still looks and acts like he's still a student at Marquette, cheating on exams.

Bush. This guy's brother was the worst president in history, yet he defends him since he represents a younger, wimpier version of the same thing. Scary to see this big lummox pretending to be presidential material. His views are atrocious. Typical Bush. Dubya II.

Rubio. He sounds plastic, contrived, fake, rehearsed, and completely out of touch. He looks and sounds like he has about as much wisdom as an 11 year old.

Trump. He continues his vague fast-talk as the worlds most overrated orangutan. He's eager to make deals, where the U.S. gets everything and others get nothing. He wants to make America great again, without realizing that such is NOT the case as long as bigots are running the country. The man is as delusional as self-mutilating New Ager who believes that you can change the molecular structure of water simply by applying loving emotion to it.

Cruz. A blabbering idiot and a Bill Murray lookalike. He stands about as much chance as Bill Murray too, which he is keenly aware of. He has no business being seen in public.

Paul. Plagiarist. Racist. Being stupid won't kill you, but it sure will make you sweat. Paul looks like he's been doing a great deal of sweating lately, as his stock continues to plummet. Like his father, he's a loser. Everybody seems to know this but him.

Fiorina. She's only slightly more credible than Michelle Bachmann, even with an atrocious record as a CEO. She can't run companies, so what makes her think she can run the country? She's bigoted and out of touch, like the typical Republican. She's slender, attractive, has nice legs, and a polished presentation, but her party is on the wrong side of every political argument, especially when it comes to women's rights. She's not a white male either, and the GOP loves, honors, promotes, and prefers to be represented by white males.

The rest don't matter. Frankly, these suspects have a difficult task and they each failed miserably. They have to convince their Conservative constituents, that they each are better than the others, without criticizing the others too much, even when they themselves represent a party which has done nothing positive for this country in over 20 years. The party does NOT have a record to run on, so all they can do is give us the same GOP talking points. They all are pathetic.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:23 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,537,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The winners will likely shave some points off Carson and Trump.
Carson for sure. Trump did nothing to lose his base but certainly didn't gain anything tonight.
Cruz's and Walker's few supporters are looking for another horse to bet on. (Huckabee's base is true-blue, they'll follow him as long as he wants to stay in.)

I think most of the shaved points will go to Rubio. Fiorina and Paul will get bumps.
Graham too but not sure if he'll pick enough to matter.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:24 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Fear has a particular smell and this post reeks of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Carson. He looks about as out of place as a runaway slave with amnesia. He's clueless to the fact that his party will never have a black man as its representative.

Walker. Obviously, he's out of his league here. He's an uneducated hick and it shows each time he speaks. He still looks and acts like he's still a student at Marquette, cheating on exams.

Bush. This guy's brother was the worst president in history, yet he defends him since he represents a younger, wimpier version of the same thing. Scary to see this big lummox pretending to be presidential material. His views are atrocious. Typical Bush. Dubya II.

Rubio. He sounds plastic, contrived, fake, rehearsed, and completely out of touch. He looks and sounds like he has about as much wisdom as an 11 year old.

Trump. He continues his vague fast-talk as the worlds most overrated orangutan. He's eager to make deals, where the U.S. gets everything and others get nothing. He wants to make America great again, without realizing that such is NOT the case as long as bigots are running the country. The man is as delusional as self-mutilating New Ager who believes that you can change the molecular structure of water simply by applying loving emotion to it.

Cruz. A blabbering idiot and a Bill Murray lookalike. He stands about as much chance as Bill Murray too, which he is keenly aware of. He has no business being seen in public.

Paul. Plagiarist. Racist. Being stupid won't kill you, but it sure will make you sweat. Paul looks like he's been doing a great deal of sweating lately, as his stock continues to plummet. Like his father, he's a loser. Everybody seems to know this but him.

Fiorina. She's only slightly more credible than Michelle Bachmann, even with an atrocious record as a CEO. She can't run companies, so what makes her think she can run the country? She's bigoted and out of touch, like the typical Republican. She's slender, attractive, has nice legs, and a polished presentation, but her party is on the wrong side of every political argument, especially when it comes to women's rights. She's not a white male either, and the GOP loves, honors, promotes, and prefers to be represented by white males.

The rest don't matter. Frankly, these suspects have a difficult task and they each failed miserably. They have to convince their Conservative constituents, that they each are better than the others, without criticizing the others too much, even when they themselves represent a party which has done nothing positive for this country in over 20 years. The party does NOT have a record to run on, so all they can do is give us the same GOP talking points. They all are pathetic.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Clearly Carly over the two debates had the best overall performances. Like her or hate her she has elbowed her way to the top.

I'll be surprised that within one week if she is not at the number two spot behind Trump.
For what it's worth ( not much) Fiorina was the clear winner, especially among those previously in the Trump camp in the Fox focus group.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:31 PM

587 posts, read 379,690 times
Did anybody else see the man behind Anderson Cooper wearing a "Deez Nuts 2016" shirt?

Old 09-16-2015, 10:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Carson for sure. Trump did nothing to lose his base but certainly didn't gain anything tonight.
Cruz's and Walker's few supporters are looking for another horse to bet on. (Huckabee's base is true-blue, they'll follow him as long as he wants to stay in.)

I think most of the shaved points will go to Rubio. Fiorina and Paul will get bumps.
Graham too but not sure if he'll pick enough to matter.
I missed the early debate.

I would like to see Graham replace a few at the adult table. I don't agree with most of his positions but do enjoy how he spins it.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:34 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
C

Paul said, basically, that the war on drugs is racist, and he is right. His father is well liked and did more to spread libertarian ideas and values than anyone alive today.

And the Democratic party frontrunner is a Vermont ex-hippie who thinks deodorant is the cause of poverty:https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...kQN/story.html and wants the minimum wage to be an insane $15/hour...but only pays his staff $12/hour:Bernie Sanders wants to mandate a $15 minimum wage

But to be fair, I understand Sander's comments about deodorant: it is, after all, something most of his supporters never use anyway.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I missed the early debate.

I would like to see Graham replace a few at the adult table. I don't agree with most of his positions but do enjoy how he spins it.

Big proponent of wars are you?

Old 09-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I think Carly came off as shrill. That might not be a problem on the Democratic side, but I bet it doesn't play well with the Conservative base.

I also think Cruz did pretty badly tonight. He should be out by now. As should Bush, but all that money will probably keep him in when he doesn't deserve to be.

I actually was impressed by Paul and Kasich, but they both are probably too intelligent for the Republican base. And I don't see how Carson holds onto the number two spot after his lackluster performance tonight.
She has a really weird twitch that makes me uneasy at times and the blinking,maybe thats what you mean.

Carson is just, ugh. I dont get the appeal other than, "he stood up to President Obama".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies