Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 11:29 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Not in the eyes of the party and that is what matters. Republicans want war. The audience cheered the war mongers and politely clapped for Paul. At on point he had like one guy in the audience applauding his position.

But the good news is this is the last generation of warmongering Republicans. The younger ones are mostly for restraint and are more socially liberal.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:29 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I feel like I'm watching a fifth grade debate. Hey, Susie, Timmy called you a poopy-head. How do you feel about that?
This about sums up the format. It felt like CNN's main objective was to create conflict among the candidates rather than debate. I stopped watching CNN years ago. Now I remember why.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
What this causes me to ask....and I asked it the other day in a poll thread was whether or not the Carson jump was anything other than manufactured nonsense?

Old 09-16-2015, 11:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Just about every female commentator I have heard tonite is gushing about Carly. It goes to show just how hard it is going to be to beat Hillary this year. Women are going to vote for her by a wide margin. (Fiorina won't be in it)
No they arent. Hillary is shedding female support in large batches.

Many women will not back a woman that allows a man to treat them the way Bill has her.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:34 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Just about every female commentator I have heard tonite is gushing about Carly. It goes to show just how hard it is going to be to beat Hillary this year. Women are going to vote for her by a wide margin. (Fiorina won't be in it)
Carly lost me with her war-hawk talk and her totally made up abortion video comments.

Carly Fiorina is wrong about the Planned Parenthood tapes. I know because I watched them.

Fiorina's Planned Parenthood Comment Was Graphic, Upsetting — And Totally Made-Up

Carly Fiorina described a gruesome image when she talked about defunding Planned Parenthood during Wednesday's Republican debate. A fetus, heart beating, on a table, about to be dismembered, "its legs kicking while someone says we have to keep it alive to harvest its brain." A scene awful enough to send anyone caught on tape as a part of it straight to jail for life.

Vox journalist Sarah Kliff has watched all 12 hours of unedited footage shot by activists for the Center for Medical Progress, an anti-abortion group that tried to buy fetal tissue from different Planned Parenthood affiliates. Kliff wrote, "Either Fiorina hasn't watched the Planned Parenthood videos or she is knowingly misrepresenting the footage. Because what Fiorina says happens in the Planned Parenthood videos simply does not exist."

Old 09-16-2015, 11:34 PM

587 posts, read 379,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Carson seems to think he's always misquoted but I find that he doesn't give direct answers to questions. He sort of dances with them and circles around the answers but never comes out and says a precise answer. He'd be horrible to work for.
You are so right about Carson claiming he is being misquoted. He needs to quit doing that.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:37 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Carly lost me with her war-hawk talk and her totally made up abortion video comments.
She lost me a bit earlier, when she said the very first call she'd make if she becomes president would be to Benjamin Netanyahu.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
No, they'll just vote Biden or Sanders.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:41 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Watch Carly Fiorina's lurid rant about abortion and Planned Parenthood at the CNN GOP debate.

"It was quite a performance, and it opens the question of what Fiorina was inhaling before she watched those videos. There is nothing in the videos made by CMP, either in the edited or full-length versions, that has anything approaching images of legs kicking or hearts beating.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:43 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What this causes me to ask....and I asked it the other day in a poll thread was whether or not the Carson jump was anything other than manufactured nonsense?
I think it may be exactly what you say it is and we hardly ever agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies