Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 08:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, she is going to get burned by the fact-checkers, especially by the baby brain harvesting. That seemed to be her strongest line of the day, but voters will be disappointed when they find out she invented the story.
Facts don't matter in politics and it's bipartisan.

Many will dismiss facts as liberal propaganda.

It's all about sensational headlines with most people, regardless of partisan.

She also went down the same rabbit hole as Romney did in terms of comparing the size of the Navy fleet to that of 100 years ago, while ignore the capabilities of the current fleet. If I recall, Romney promised to build 15 new ships a year, every year, just because.

Fiorina unsettled Trump on the " face" remark. Women are the majority.

Perhaps one of the more powerful remarks she made was along the lines of how to stop a Democrat- ask them what Hillary has accomplished. Given her primary competition has and will continue to focus on the number of layoffs at HP under her watch, one could ask what Fiorina's has accomplished. That she cut tens of thousands to save the jobs of tens of thousands may be lost in the wash.

Some are predicting Fiorina may rise to the #2 spot in the next round of polls.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:15 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,574 times
They should drop Huckabee, Cruz and Walker to the kiddie table, and reduce the field to 8.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not necessarily. People who were enamored by her last night are already defending the lie this morning on this very forum. I'm sure the anti-choicers don't care that it was a lie because it was such a good story.
Facts rarely matter in politics.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:22 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
They should drop Huckabee, Cruz and Walker to the kiddie table, and reduce the field to 8.
Agreed. I have to laugh at a few posters here who were insisting that once we got to the debates, Cruz would wipe the floor with the rest of the field because he was such a brilliant debater. He is as phony as a three dollar bill and it really shows in these debates. He's toast. Good riddance.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:30 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
I always have high hopes for Cruz because he is willing to go against the establishment. But something about his personality is off putting.

I am relieved to see Trump still dominating. I knew it would be a battle between Trump and Fiorina. Trump is smart to back down and soften while Fiorina for some reason felt she had to be aggressive the entire night.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:41 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Let's see. Florina is 4%. This is less than JEB yet it's being suggested that he is a failure. Yet the MSM is trumpeting her like she is the front runner. Typical making news out of nothing.

Florina is going no where. She will be done by the SC primary, if she makes it that far.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:41 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I always have high hopes for Cruz because he is willing to go against the establishment. But something about his personality is off putting.

I am relieved to see Trump still dominating. I knew it would be a battle between Trump and Fiorina. Trump is smart to back down and soften while Fiorina for some reason felt she had to be aggressive the entire night.
I understand Fiorina's belief that she needed to be aggressive, especially as the only woman on that stage. But her demeanor is, to borrow your phrase, off-putting. As a woman, I don't like to use the word shrill because it has been used to demean women in the past, but really, no other word comes to mind.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:43 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I agree, I thought Rubio and iCarly did great. Raffy Cruz was invisible, I couldn't believe how he just stood there quietly while everybody else was aggressively butting in. He did showcase his intelligence though. Kasich came off great to moderates and Democrats, but I don't think the conservatives liked his stance on Iran, Planned Parenthood, etc. I am embarrassed to even listen to Christie. What an annoying d-bag, would have been a great character in the Sopranos.

Mick
Yeah - Rubio did answer why he doesn't show up in the senate to vote. I wonder if he would have been elected to the senate if he told voters it was a job not worthy of the time it took to do it. Was his campaign promise elect me your senator so I can get a pay check and run for president ? No, I bet he didn't say that.

Neglecting the job you are elected to preform in pursue of another would get you fired in the real world most people live in. Why do we pay these clowns when the don't do the jobs they're elected to do. He should have resigned his seat when he decides he isn't going to do the job.
What happens when he is president and decides he needs to think about what he needs to do when he leaves office. Will he quit showing up for that job too ? He won't have to make excuses for not showing up because he lives there. Maybe spend the last two years writing speeches he can give when he leaves office and make the kind of money Clinton does. That is the vision Rubio has for himself.

Carly Flea Arena also has the same vision problem.
When you scratch your head and think why is she doing this. There is no better more reasonable conclusion. It's a vision she has for herself that matters most to her. Plenty of money but no power. No place in the history books. What can I do to change that ? Oh, I know, I'll run for president. I'll take a look at all the other candidates and cherry pick their ideas and package it into my own persona and past it off as the real me. I can get away with it because no one knows me. The idea that she was a secretary that worked her way to CEO is deceptive and being deceptive is her MO.
One reason to support her is she just may out source the congress. Or at least relocate them to Iceland or the North Pole. The best part of such an idea is that they would know what the middle class feels like when left out in the cold.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:45 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Speaking of JEB. IMO, you can say the same thing about him that Ann Richards famously said about his dad in the 1992 election. "Stick him with a fork because he's done."

As soon as he had to say that his post turtle of a brother, "kept us safe", that is the beginning of the end for him & his campaign.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:46 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,085,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see. Florina is 4%. This is less than JEB yet it's being suggested that he is a failure. Yet the MSM is trumpeting her like she is the front runner. Typical making news out of nothing.

Florina is going no where. She will be done by the SC primary, if she makes it that far.
So...who is the nominee?

I know, it is very early days...but who amongst that crew could actually capture the nomination?

My view was that Rubio and Fiorina were the only two "serious" candidates on the stage..... not saying I necessarily like either one, nor believe they could be nominated (Fiorina doesn't have any money, I believe) and Rubio lacks....well...."seasoning".....

So, who could actually get the nomination?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies