Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 10:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Has every one gone mad whereby politics and political debates are really really interesting?
Has the media hype transformed an activity akin to watching grass grow or paint dry into a super bowl caliber event? I cant imagine what would induce me to tune into a boring old political debate where stuffed shirts try to tell me how they are going to take me to the promised land if i vote for them.
To me, the debates are one way of hearing what a candidate has to say and how they handle themselves when under pressure. There are many ways to learn which share some or most of your views. This, along with TV interviews. reading the paper, magazines, etc. If you do not find them interesting no one is forcing you to watch, but don't thing just because a large number of viewers do watch they have all gone nuts as you put it. BTW, I might be wrong, but I could have sharn you are a Canadian citizen? Maybe that is why you don't understand.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:13 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Maybe, but this doesn't mean she is qualified to be the president of the United States of America.

This line is good, I will give her that, but her dodging the question is not impressive.
Oh, I agree with you 100%. I'm just saying that she spoke for every woman who is past her prime in appearance and has to contend with a culture that values youth and beauty over brains and experience when it comes to women, something men don't have to face.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:15 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oh, I agree with you 100%. I'm just saying that she spoke for every woman who is past her prime in appearance and has to contend with a culture that values youth and beauty over brains and experience when it comes to women, something men don't have to face.
Trump did try to insult senator Rand Paul's look last night, which is ridiculous. .Look at Rand, he is hot.

I do agree with you. I like Trump, but I think insult on looks is getting a little bit too old for my taste.

I am not trying to defend Trump, but the reality is that he is also a reality star. I think subconsciously, he treated political debate as comedy central roast.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
These things are reprehensible, it's plain to see the moderators are purposely attempting to make the "debate" controversial and sensational. First of all, there are just too many candidates, the field needs time to shake out the final players, this is reality TV style campaigning, might as well have a debate every week and vote someone out. All this serves to do is fracture the GOP message, its a cage match, they're all at one another's throats, it's ugly. Second, why would the GOP even have agreed to a confrontational format of the CNN debate? How do these guys look unified at the end of the day when they've just gotten done trashing one another? Finally, this is far too early to begin the campaign process, all it serves to do is distract the politicians from dealing with current serious problems as they try to position their respective parties for the election and weakens whatever unity is left in Washington, as a "functional" government. I think it sucks, hate politics, hate politicians, I've become very cynical that it can be fixed.
Well you might think it is too early and I might agree or would have a few years ago, but remember the first caucus is only 4 months away. Too many candidates, do you anyone would argue with you on this? With so many, the only way we can start to narrow the field is to let each have a say. The field will start to drindle before long. I am guessing of the first 4, 2 will be out soon and the final 11, about 2 or 3 will be gone in the next few months.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:19 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Absolutely. But it's not because of his views. I very much suspect that if he *did* become president, he'd go right back to the center. He is certainly the most moderate on stage.

But who wants someone who is in their 60s and still uses insults and language that would get him sent to a kindergarten's time out? His behavior is not one who is fit for a full time job in the working world, much less the highest office in the nation.
But somehow, obama is OK? LOL!

Most childish president to EVER hold the office.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
While i now live in Canada I have dual citizenship and did most of my growing up in St Pete Florida.People i grew up with and now associate with would be enrolling me in the local shuffle board club if i told them that political debates were really exciting and they should all take time to watch.
To me the whole circus is like a used car salesmen convention.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:21 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Go Sen. Paul

https://usatelections.files.wordpres...g?w=1000&h=725

keep on being yourself!

Old 09-17-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In another word, the future of the America is war war and more war. No negotiation with foreign leaders, just be more hawkish.
and you really think Trump's idea of talking to foreign leaders is going to work? Until we build up our military, let the world know we are not pushovers and stop being nice guys, we are putting our country in jepardy. I don't like it, but I know we have to realize it. When we can show the world how strong we are again, we can govern like Reagan did.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:25 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The left is scared of Trump who will very likely be their next president.
How does Trump have any chance of being elected president? He's completely alienated women and Hispanics, two very important voting blocs. He has no chance at all in a general election.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While i now live in Canada I have dual citizenship and did most of my growing up in St Pete Florida.People i grew up with and now associate with would be enrolling me in the local shuffle board club if i told them that political debates were really exciting and they should all take time to watch.
To me the whole circus is like a used car salesmen convention.
But again, that is Canada, not the USA. Your country governs and handles elections a little differently. I am not judging right or wrong, just saying there is a huge difference. BTW, no one has said they are exciting, they are not; they can be very boring, but they are informative. No one is saying everyone should or would watch them. This is like saying everyone will vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies