Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 02:33 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Sigh...read websters.. And then allow me some editorial indiscretions in between tokes OK.. Promise.. All will be well... The sky will not fall..
Can't admit that your wrong about anything, can you?

Speaks volumes about your personality...

Old 10-15-2015, 02:34 PM

321 posts, read 420,269 times
Yeah, I've seen people smoke that stuff and "shatter".

No thanks, looks too much like hard drugs for me. And after they use it - they are completely useless for hours. I've got too much self-respect and things to do for that stuff

Old 10-15-2015, 02:35 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,504 times
Quote:
Thanks.. "Wealth" is what I typed but my phone does its own spellcheck and changes my words...
LOL! I don't believe THAT one for a second! Keep on blaming your phone.

Quote:
But..if your only addition to the topic without evidence is to be my spellcheck bot..have at it. Please do so regularly for me... As I continue to live rent free in your head
What?!?!

Quote:
Please look at studies of marijuana and the developing mind... Lots of good info out there about the drop in I.q. for heavy users.. But hey.. Go ahead and smoke away .. Do you think pot makes you smarter?... This I have to hear...
I NEVER said I partake. Reading comprehension is your friend. Also, judging by your writing skills, I am really wondering WHAT you were doing instead of paying attention in English class, when your mind was supposed to be developing.

Too much comedy for one day. TOO much!

Old 10-15-2015, 02:36 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Well.. I'm happy you have some self regulation and ability to discern what is acceptable behavior. With thc content approaching 35 percent in good quality hybidized marijuana you are still at risk for all the negative things that can happen to you while stoned.. No different than alcohol...although alcohol is harder on the body with current scientific evidence.

And, there are many out there just like me. Most of us that use cannabis responsibly, in our own home, and not while driving, or while we're at work, just want to be able to do so without fear of catching legal issues over it. Now I know you say that folks like me have nothing to worry about, so long as we don't do anything stupid or cross your path. OK, I get that, but what about the nosy neighbor who happens to walk by, and may catch a wiff, or somehow catches wind that I have it and has a hard on for me or something, so he calls the cops? Yeah, the minute amount that I may have would more than likely be a slap on the wrist and the equivalent of a traffic ticket, but still... to get harrassed for doing it in my own home, or perhaps just on my patio, on MY PROPERTY when I'm not bothering anyone...well... it's just flat out ridiculous, and quite frankly would be a waste of your time as well as your fellow boys in blue when there are so many other much more serious issues plaguing us!

As for self-regulation.... well... when I was about 14 I had heard of Len Bias, Don Rogers from the Cleveland Browns and a friend of the family's youngest brother die of cocaine overdoses! That was enough for me to be turned off from just about all drugs, except the basics, weed, beer, cigarettes, and coffee. Not to mention I'm just not a risk taker when it comes to experimenting. You won't hear of me sky diving, bungee jumping, mountain climbing...ect...

Old 10-15-2015, 02:37 PM

1,077 posts, read 872,829 times
Quote:
First time I rep'ed a proponent
Who would have thought
I must be mellowing

BBM

That's a good thing.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:53 PM

307 posts, read 246,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post

I couldn't stop laughing to post anything today....thanks for pointing that out for me!

Old 10-15-2015, 02:59 PM

307 posts, read 246,075 times
Quote:
...With thc content approaching 35 percent in good quality hybidized marijuana ...
Now that's a true one hit and quit weed there....can't wait to try some of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And, there are many out there just like me. .
*raises hand*

Old 10-15-2015, 03:05 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
Now that's a true one hit and quit weed there....can't wait to try some of that.

*raises hand*

Yep. One hit would be about all I'd need.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:07 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And, there are many out there just like me. Most of us that use cannabis responsibly, in our own home, and not while driving, or while we're at work, just want to be able to do so without fear of catching legal issues over it. Now I know you say that folks like me have nothing to worry about, so long as we don't do anything stupid or cross your path. OK, I get that, but what about the nosy neighbor who happens to walk by, and may catch a wiff, or somehow catches wind that I have it and has a hard on for me or something, so he calls the cops? Yeah, the minute amount that I may have would more than likely be a slap on the wrist and the equivalent of a traffic ticket, but still... to get harrassed for doing it in my own home, or perhaps just on my patio, on MY PROPERTY when I'm not bothering anyone...well... it's just flat out ridiculous, and quite frankly would be a waste of your time as well as your fellow boys in blue when there are so many other much more serious issues plaguing us!

As for self-regulation.... well... when I was about 14 I had heard of Len Bias, Don Rogers from the Cleveland Browns and a friend of the family's youngest brother die of cocaine overdoses! That was enough for me to be turned off from just about all drugs, except the basics, weed, beer, cigarettes, and coffee. Not to mention I'm just not a risk taker when it comes to experimenting. You won't hear of me sky diving, bungee jumping, mountain climbing...ect...
Ok.. Interesting.. Responding to a neighbor complaint of an offending behavior .. That is something we do many times a shift...
It all comes down to the nature of the complaint.. The reasonableness of the complaint.. The legal aspects of the complaint ..what is best for keeping the peace.. And what ultimately will get opposing groups to get along so we don't have to come back and there is peace. Insert any behavior you like.. Our job is to help people get along ... People can certainly control what happens when we get there .. Provided there is no violence.. Violence will get action

We wouldn't do anything here in California other than advise the complaintent that no law was being violated. We might speak with you and ask you if you could help the situation in any way...
I have never cited anyone for mj in their home in my entire career.. I have arrested persons for transportation for sale, production for sale, packaging for sale.. But never for someone smoking a joint in their own home... Ever... Could it happen.. I guess.. But its not a crime to be intoxicated in your own home absent other criminal behavior... And it would be chicken**** to cite you for a joint.. You would have had to be a grade a ******* for a cite to get issued

Old 10-15-2015, 03:18 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post

What?!?!

I NEVER said I partake. Reading comprehension is your friend. Also, judging by your writing skills, I am really wondering WHAT you were doing instead of paying attention in English class, when your mind was supposed to be developing.

Well try to educate before you recreate..
But you're a winner in your mind already.. Hooray for you internet slayer of evil doers....

Secretly you really want to tell me...you use...dont you.. You're just afraid of potential pushback for revealing on social media... It's OK.. I'll forgive you.. To err is to be human... To smoke is to be perfect... At least as a proponent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies