Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 08:07 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And that court has ruled that the 2nd acknowledges the right of individuals to own arms, so lets move on.
No one argues otherwise, but move on to what? The falsehood that yet another gun control measure should not be considered because of what the 2nd Amendment "acknowledges?

Hogwash! More can and should be done...

Old 10-23-2015, 08:14 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
No one argues otherwise, but move on to what? The falsehood that yet another gun control measure should not be considered because of what the 2nd Amendment "acknowledges?

What are your ideas? Background checks on all sales? Been proposed and will be ineffective without registration. No more selling to people with mental health issues? That question is already on the 4493 form when buying a gun. The HIPPA laws get in the way of proper reporting. One law conflicting with another - you get that when you have more laws than you can count.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

Yeah well, I didn't think you really believed what you were saying.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:14 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Default What does it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yeah well, I didn't think you really believed what you were saying.
Not at all sure what this comment means, but of course I believe what I am "saying!"

I've written just about all I can to explain my position, responded to all manner of nay sayers, all that we have watched get played out on the stage of public opinion and policy making. I am sure I can add little that will make a difference to anyone. In fact, I am pretty sure nothing written, past, present or future will change anyone's mind any...

My Cement Theory rides again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies