Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 07:37 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times

Advertisements

Dear Mike,

It’s only been a few hours since today’s horrific murders at Umpqua Community College in Oregon.

Even while first responders were still on scene and before it was clear the threat was over, the White House immediately began targeting your right to bear arms.

At a press briefing, President Obama said that gun control is a high priority in wake of this attack.

Even saying these victims should be politicized, and he will target your right to keep and bear arms anytime an attack happens.

The truth is many facts about today’s attack are not known yet -- and there is much that will be revealed by investigators in the coming days and weeks.

However, multiple sources have confirmed one all too common fact about what happened.

Umpqua Community College is another so-called “gun free zone.”

In fact, the stated policy is so strict, even bringing a squirt gun on campus was prohibited.

Of course, that didn’t matter to the perpetrator.

As you know, President Obama is desperate to solidify his legacy among every left-wing activist in America by RAMMING through gun-control.

Make no mistake, they have already sworn to exploit these murders to push their radical gun control agenda in Congress.

Even Hillary Clinton couldn’t wait to get a piece of today’s action when she promised to do “everything she can” to pass new gun control too.

Once again, this is an example of how gun-free zones are really “criminal safety zones,” where criminals are emboldened.

Time and time again, they target places they know with virtual certainty where potential victims will be unarmed and unable to defend themselves.

Mike, thinking about all the defenseless people that have been disarmed keeps me up at night.

That’s why it is so frustrating to see politicians like Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton continue to use the victims of violence to promote an agenda that will make more Americans more vulnerable.

The simple fact is gun control does not work. Period.

Yet once again gun owners like us will have to be prepared to stand our ground in the face of a media assault on our Second Amendment rights.

So tonight, please do two things.

First and most importantly, please pray for the victims and the families of those who were murdered or injured in today’s attack in Oregon.

And then get ready for another gun control push in Congress, in the media, and in your state legislature by radical anti-gun activists.

For Freedom,

Last edited by mike1003; 10-01-2015 at 07:50 PM..

Old 10-01-2015, 07:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Urban, you are obviously a concerned and intellegent poster but you and I very rarely see eye to eye and this is one of those times.
What about mass shootings do we not see eye to eye about? Other than your attempt to try and deflect from the issue at hand?

Old 10-01-2015, 07:39 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tujuleez1 View Post
Wayne LaPierre would be proud of the way you parroted his lobbying efforts.

What have the families who have lost their kids to senseless gun violence said after their children died? They wanted the deaths of their children to make a positive difference by changing the gun laws.

But the Obama haters/gun nuts immediately point the finger of blame away so their precious guns aren't vilified by the violence.

Why not zip it and pretend, at least pretend, that these deaths today can bring about an end to the senseless violence. Make the parents think you care more about making a positive change than you do your guns and that their kids death won't just be more in a long line of innocent deaths protected by the bastardization of the 2nd Amendment.

I won't hold my breath.
Please enlighten me as to what in the 2nd Amendment has been bastardized. We can go all into the Federalist papers and any other viable source of information to support your assertion.
As far as the senseless violence is concerned, senseless violence occurs in all parts of the world. It isn't restricted to the US or even to countries with gun rights. It is a product of the human condition. The increase in this country of shootings in fact is a fallacy...FBI statistics show that violence in this country is on a steady decline and has been for a number of years. This includes gun violence. Those are readily available for you to review at the FBI website.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:39 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well gang shootings aren't the same as mass shootings. Yes, gang shootings need to be addressed and are a social and economical issue. Mass shootings tend to be a mental health issue and easy access to guns issue. Both are important to discuss, but this is about mass shootings, something you clearly do not want to address based on your posts trying to deflect from the topic.
Jose Delgado tried to do something about the problem of urban brains (which are still today so susceptible to formulating mass gang killings) in the 1970s:

http://www.breggin.com/psychosurguryforpolitical.pbreggin.1975.pdf

Yale, UCLA, so where's the problem?

Old 10-01-2015, 07:42 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not even one minute into address the family of the people who died, Obama changed the subject to gun laws and is still talking and going on and on about gun laws!
I'll try to state this as simply as possible.

No change in subject; people are murdered by guns, guns whether you like it or not are regulated by public policy, as public policy it is by definition political. You cannot politicized that which is already political.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I'll try to state this as simply as possible.

No change in subject; people are murdered by guns, guns whether you like it or not are regulated by public policy, as public policy it is by definition political. You cannot politicized that which is already political.

And if Mr. President can talk about two murders committed. And be there for those families, which he seems to pick and choose, wonder why, but no surprise there is it.

Then do it for others also, where there family members have been murdered, by an illegal or at the hands of someone who is mentally ill. Or a vet who has given his life to serving for his Country. It becomes political, when certain situations are being politicized. And some no words at all.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:51 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,080,222 times
I changed the channel when he started his 'gun control' rant. Was there any blame also placed on global warming?

Old 10-01-2015, 07:51 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What about mass shootings do we not see eye to eye about? Other than your attempt to try and deflect from the issue at hand?
I have already explained that in my opinion, until all shooters and all shootings are dealt with equally under already existing laws nothing will change. The President cannot climb on his moral high horse in regard to this shooting while basically turning a blind eye to the mass shootings occuring every month in urban areas. There is no excuse for ANY of this violence and those who commit these crimes need to be jailed or worse. And existing laws need to be enforced instead of giving the perps a pass because of mental health issues, poverty or one parent homes. I am sick of excuses. Action is what is needed, not the latest law dujour.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:53 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Again I'm glad I live in Canada....This nut asked his victims what religion they were...If they answered Christian he shot them in the head, if another religion or no answer they got shot in the legs.

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpre...trip=all&w=780

Old 10-01-2015, 07:54 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
It's to be expected he would immediately talk about stricter gun laws.

But more surprising is the attempt to cover this guys social media history. Why wait seven hours to release the name, if there is only one lone picture on the entire net (myspace which nobody uses).

Does anyone think the only picture found of him on the net (holding a shotgun) is just a bit staged?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies