Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 02:45 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, he tried to have a discussion regarding a subject on which he was wrong. I probably would not engage him either, it's sort of like trying to argue with some people on CD, you provide proof of your position they come back and scream "yeah but your source is no good" or "well I found this which proves your wrong". It just gets stupid..why bother?
Why do you even post on these forums if you don't want to explain to other people why they are wrong?

Old 10-09-2015, 02:47 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Correct. Cruz was open to an intelligent response.
If anyone has seen the video of Code Pink trying to crash one of his events, you can see that he always DOES want intelligent dialogue.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:47 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
No, he tried to have a discussion regarding a subject on which he was wrong. I probably would not engage him either, it's sort of like trying to argue with some people on CD, you provide proof of your position they come back and scream "yeah but your source is no good" or "well I found this which proves your wrong". It just gets stupid..why bother?
see you are wrong but utterly convinced you are right.

Mr. Cruz asked about the satellite data. If the Satellite data was wrong. or if Mr. Cruz was wrong about the data, then Mr. Mair had the perfect opportunity to set the record straight.

instead he retreated to platitudes. He didn't even reference Warmist websites that attempt to do what you did... explain away actual physics...

thanks for playing. you are still wrong... but you did show everyone what warmists do when confronted with facts.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:17 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Sierra Club admits Global warming and climate change is politically motivated and not based upon actual data placed into evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9-tY1oZNw
Anyone with a sliver of common sense has realized this since day one.

I remember my 5th grade history teacher teaching us about global cooling.

I'm sure that by the 90s, she too reversed into the global warming rabbit hole.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:33 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
This is probably why he had to ask the person sitting behind him to give him some answers. LOL!

Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims

Global warming alarmists and their allies in the liberal media have been caught doctoring the results of a widely cited paper asserting there is a 97-percent scientific consensus regarding human-caused global warming.

Forbes Welcome
Exactly. The 97% claim is so ignorant it's embarrassing that the president of Sierra would use it. He's either totally ignorant or dishonest. That misleading study was debunked many times quite some time ago.

Joseph Bast and Roy Spencer: The Myth of the Climate Change '97%' - WSJ

Old 10-09-2015, 03:34 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
see you are wrong but utterly convinced you are right.

Mr. Cruz asked about the satellite data. If the Satellite data was wrong. or if Mr. Cruz was wrong about the data, then Mr. Mair had the perfect opportunity to set the record straight.

instead he retreated to platitudes. He didn't even reference Warmist websites that attempt to do what you did... explain away actual physics...

thanks for playing. you are still wrong... but you did show everyone what warmists do when confronted with facts.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:02 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Why do you even post on these forums if you don't want to explain to other people why they are wrong?
what the heck???? I posted links with data showing that he was wrong, what more would you like me to say? And if I'm not responding quickly enough to satisfy you that is because for some unknown reason I am no longer receiving email notifications for subscribed threads.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:08 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Exactly. The 97% claim is so ignorant it's embarrassing that the president of Sierra would use it. He's either totally ignorant or dishonest. That misleading study was debunked many times quite some time ago.

Joseph Bast and Roy Spencer: The Myth of the Climate Change '97%' - WSJ
I couldn't rep you again, but yes, it is embarrassing. And more than that, it's deeply dishonest.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
This is probably why he had to ask the person sitting behind him to give him some answers. LOL!
Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims
Global warming alarmists and their allies in the liberal media have been caught doctoring the results of a widely cited paper asserting there is a 97-percent scientific consensus regarding human-caused global warming.
Forbes Welcome
I'm not going to get in an argument about climate change you don't want to believe it then don't but please understand that whether or not 97% or 90% or 85% of scientists concur on the issue the simple fact is that MOST scientists who are not bought and paid for by oil companies, or the coal industry are sure that it is real and that it is impacting us right now.
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Old 10-09-2015, 07:37 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,127 times
Quote:
I'm not going to get in an argument about climate change you don't want to believe it then don't but please understand that whether or not 97% or 90% or 85% of scientists concur on the issue the simple fact is that MOST scientists who are not bought and paid for by oil companies, or the coal industry are sure that it is real and that it is impacting us right now.
Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Consensus
yes, yes...MOST doctors, 150 years ago thought blood letting and using leeches as a treatment for ailments was settled science......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies