Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:20 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
yes, yes...MOST doctors, 150 years ago thought blood letting and using leeches as a treatment for ailments was settled science......
Let me see if I can figure that out...since most scientists agree that climate change is real, we should ignore them because 150 years ago scientists might have a different opinion...yeah, sure that's make sense. But then you are faced with the possibility that if we ignore them and they are right, we may not have scientists or anyone else on this planet in 150 years.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:07 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Let me see if I can figure that out...since most scientists agree that climate change is real, we should ignore them because 150 years ago scientists might have a different opinion...yeah, sure that's make sense. But then you are faced with the possibility that if we ignore them and they are right, we may not have scientists or anyone else on this planet in 150 years.
I believe what he's trying to convey as that just because they have a Phd behind their names doesn't justify setting critical thinking skills on the shelf.

Now, it has been a decade has passed since Gore claimed the seas would rise at an incredible rate, yet... not so much. Many who willingly and eagerly believed that garbage came away as forum trolling AGW Nazis. Many are in here.

Let's come at this a different way.

If Gore says the seas could rise if we do nothing, and then the seas don't rise... is it because of something we did to change it?

Here we are a decade later and there was a new recent wave of headlines screaming "The Marshall Islands Will Be Under Water" after a recent storm surge. The SCIENCE is that those islands have been suffering storm surges with similar intensity forever.

There is a point when even the slowest of people need to open a window, go to the beach, or climb a mountain... and then realize... everything is pretty much fine.

...and there are those who stay locked in their caves, and complain about how the world is ending because of man. Well, you may get your wish when the US and Russia lock horns soon.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I believe what he's trying to convey as that just because they have a Phd behind their names doesn't justify setting critical thinking skills on the shelf.
Now, it has been a decade has passed since Gore claimed the seas would rise at an incredible rate, yet... not so much. Many who willingly and eagerly believed that garbage came away as forum trolling AGW Nazis. Many are in here. Let's come at this a different way.
If Gore says the seas could rise if we do nothing, and then the seas don't rise... is it because of something we did to change it? Here we are a decade later and there was a new recent wave of headlines screaming "The Marshall Islands Will Be Under Water" after a recent storm surge. The SCIENCE is that those islands have been suffering storm surges with similar intensity forever.There is a point when even the slowest of people need to open a window, go to the beach, or climb a mountain... and then realize... everything is pretty much fine....and there are those who stay locked in their caves, and complain about how the world is ending because of man. Well, you may get your wish when the US and Russia lock horns soon.
I have no idea what Al Gore has to do with the subject at hand. If you think that scientists who believe in climate change are outliers then do you own research and report back with what you found out. As far as "I will get my wish when the US & Russia lock horns" what in the name of God are you talking about?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:43 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,518 times
Quote:

ah, snowflake...you missed the entire point....

there is no such thing as 'settled science', never has been and never will be...just ask Galileao

Old 10-09-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
there is no such thing as 'settled science', never has been and never will be...just ask Galileao
Since I never said that there was such a thing as "settled science" the only reason I can fathom for your post is that you wanted to put "ah, snowflake" in a post and that's the first thing that came to mind. By the way, it's Galileo

Old 10-09-2015, 11:56 PM

point taken on the spelling, snowflake......outstanding!

Old 10-10-2015, 04:05 AM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:

So are you saying that you think Galileo was wrong, and the sun orbits the earth? Some things in science are absolutely settled.

Old 10-10-2015, 01:12 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Let me see if I can figure that out...since most scientists agree that climate change is real, we should ignore them because 150 years ago scientists might have a different opinion...yeah, sure that's make sense.
This is just one example of the extent to which people will lie to keep a secure income.

If this results in an international tax system, a good portion of the spoils have been promised to the liars.

Professionals have no ethics, they're like corporations, only in it for the money.

Old 10-10-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So are you saying that you think Galileo was wrong, and the sun orbits the earth? Some things in science are absolutely settled.

not at all....settled science of his time was that the earth was flat...he proved otherwise, get it?

Old 10-10-2015, 01:31 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Sierra Club admits Global warming and climate change is politically motivated and not based upon actual data placed into evidence.
What a coincidence--just like McCarthy and Benghazi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies