Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 11:12 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe the people who actually believe this is due to the cost of pork. Have you actually checked the price of ground beef? Obama should be banning hamburgers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 11:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Anyone who claims pork is cheaper than beef is full of it. Need at least a little honesty in debate.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:21 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Apparently no one going on and on about budget has actually read the article....where they mention that the cost of pork has gone up, thus this saves money.

And no its not about the islamization of America. What nonsense.
Quote:
It will take some time for beef to drop at the retail level, and it may not happen until closer to the end of the year, according to SocGen’s Narayanan. While pork always costs less than beef….
Beef Isn't For Dinner Anymore as Americans Devour Cheaper Pork - Bloomberg Business

Quote:
…the decision was based on a survey of prisoners’ food preferences.

They just don’t like the taste of pork.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...deral-prisons/

Because what they "like" is supposed to matter past the fact that they are provided 3 meals a day?

Old 10-12-2015, 12:35 AM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Apparently no one going on and on about budget has actually read the article....where they mention that the cost of pork has gone up, thus this saves money.

And no its not about the islamization of America. What nonsense.
Contrary to your opinion, one can make a demand for religious accommodations.
And it's not just Muslims.
One can also get special dietary considerations for allergies, diabetes, and so on.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:38 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Oh well.

And the bold means what exactly?

Are you arguing that because someone breaks societal law, that it should be fine for them to break laws of God as well?
I didn't see AMD argue let alone insinuate anything close to it.

Didn't "they" already break those laws G-d set in place if their ass is in jail?

Old 10-12-2015, 05:16 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Oh well.

And the bold means what exactly?

Are you arguing that because someone breaks societal law, that it should be fine for them to break laws of God as well?
No. I'm arguing that if you have complete disregard for our cultural laws then why should we care about your cultural laws? If you obey our laws, you are free to obey any other laws you like, unless those laws conflict with our laws.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:31 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
How are all of you freaking out that cutting pork is being done specially to cater to Muslims, but saying nothing about the Jews who ALSO don't eat pork who benefit from this.

I guess Jews keeping kosher doesn't fit the extremist Muslims are taking over America narrative.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:06 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
I would force them to eat pork every day as their only protein source.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:16 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
I didn't see AMD argue let alone insinuate anything close to it.

Didn't "they" already break those laws G-d set in place if their ass is in jail?
Really, so then what is the point of the comment? Yes, sure did but that doesn't mean that they ought to continue breaking other laws of God.

Additionally, since one doesnt know the time of their conversion, it is even more nonsensical to make such a comment.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:18 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
How are all of you freaking out that cutting pork is being done specially to cater to Muslims, but saying nothing about the Jews who ALSO don't eat pork who benefit from this.

I guess Jews keeping kosher doesn't fit the extremist Muslims are taking over America narrative.
Or that Jews have been here a long time and this hasn't been an issue until just now. I would like to see some statistics on the percentage of practicing Jews that make up the prison population vs the percentage of Muslims.

Not that I think this is completely a religious thing, but I'm sure that played a role in the decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies