Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 07:12 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Obama never changed a damn thing about institutional religious diet requirements that was settled law before he ever took office. Do you have ANY evidence whatsoever that the federal prison system quit serving pork because the 'smell' offended Muslims?
There will never be "evidence" in this case. We should all be smart enough to connect the dots by ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 07:29 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
There will never be "evidence" in this case. We should all be smart enough to connect the dots by ourselves.
You claimed it was the President, so please connect the dots...I'll be waiting

Old 10-14-2015, 07:49 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
I found this article more telling
Quote:
Ohio officials to remove all pork products from prison menus in
response to a lawsuit by Muslim inmates
Ohio Pork Producers Angry Over Muslim Prison Lawsuit and it is almost without a doubt the same reason
Quote:
federal government abruptly removed bacon, pork chops, pork links, ham and all
other pig products from the national menu for 206,000 federal inmates
yeah, connect the dots.. pretty simple.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:53 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I found this article more telling Ohio Pork Producers Angry Over Muslim Prison Lawsuit and it is almost without a doubt the same reason yeah, connect the dots.. pretty simple.
So Obama called John Kasich and talked him into not serving pork in prisons? sure....and pigs fly.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:01 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Are you typing just to type? What does that have to do with my response to the other poster?
Try to read and comprehend. Clearly you didn't read the article because it speaks about the different groups in prison who do not eat pork. It is not only Jews or Muslims.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
More for the rest of us. Don't go to prison
You all can have it... LOL

Old 10-15-2015, 02:59 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Most prisons in the world say you're lucky to be eating. Period! Don't want to eat, then that's on you. There are no "religious exemptions". Try a Mexican prison, if you don't like it in the US. The US is famous for its mollycoddling of prisoners. Were so rich, even our dregs of society get preferential treatment.

Way I figure it, you eat what's there, or starve. Prison is not for the picky. But, this interpretation of what constitutes "cruel and unusual" has gotten out of hand. K don't see a Muslim having to eat pork as such. Live on Jello and canned corn , then.
Um...Jello is made from pig skin. A Muslim can't eat that, either.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:00 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Try to read and comprehend. Clearly you didn't read the article because it speaks about the different groups in prison who do not eat pork. It is not only Jews or Muslims.
I can read and comprehend just fine. You are the one who has a problem in that area. I can read and comprehend textbooks with words that you don't even understand, much less comprehend even a single sentence. There was an exchange between another poster and I, and your response had absolutely nothing at all to do with that exchange. You just wanted one more post (of many) to tell everyone about how you are a Christian who doesn't eat pork. We get it. You are Christian. You don't eat pork.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I can read and comprehend just fine. You are the one who has a problem in that area. I can read and comprehend textbooks with words that you don't even understand, much less comprehend even a single sentence. There was an exchange between another poster and I, and your response had absolutely nothing at all to do with that exchange. You just wanted one more post (of many) to tell everyone about how you are a Christian who doesn't eat pork. We get it. You are Christian. You don't eat pork.

This is a forum. If you don't want anyone else responding to you, then you send private messages. Obviously, you don't want to acknowledge that any other prisoners besides Muslims could be benefiting from this. Nothing in my post says anything about me but it bothers you know that you can't make it all about Muslims.

There are Hebrew Israelites, Messianic Jews etc. in those prisons...but of course, you'll act like that has nothing to do with the discussion. Surprise, surprise.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:53 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
This is a forum. If you don't want anyone else responding to you, then you send private messages. Obviously, you don't want to acknowledge that any other prisoners besides Muslims could be benefiting from this. Nothing in my post says anything about me but it bothers you know that you can't make it all about Muslims.

There are Hebrew Israelites, Messianic Jews etc. in those prisons...but of course, you'll act like that has nothing to do with the discussion. Surprise, surprise.
I feel like I am talking to a child. Nothing you are saying here has a basis for reality. You are making up arguments that don't exist. I would like to answer you, but I can't because I don't identify with a single thing you are saying here. Nothing here accurately applies to me or anything I have said. You are just blindly regurgitating the same talking points you have been randomly stating to different people throughout this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies