Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 06:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,002,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Can't argue with that one, Bob. If there where no guns, no one would be killed by a gun.

We are stepping up to the plate , Bob. Giving more support to the NRA and Pro Gun Politicians

Yep, We do want to keep our Guns, and we plan to, Keep um" regardless.

We don't have "Automatic" weapons, Bob. Its semi-automatic. Like Huntin Rifles are, Bob.

Yep, for Protection Bob. Don't need no figures, since I don't care who used them and how many times. Its my Family and Me, that are the only figures that count here. Yes, Bob, it holds all the water it needs to hold here, in this household.

Your other ramble out kids . drawers, and playmates, with nutty relatives shooting folks the next day makes no sense, so not even going to respond to such nonsense.

Of Course we see the Dangers in our Weapons, If we didn't, why bother having them. I hope Criminals see it too. That's why I like, what you folks call, "Scary Looking Guns." So we can "See" the Dangers.

Nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 06:43 AM

18,468 posts, read 7,105,093 times
[QUOTroWord;41533341]Idealistic BS? You brought up the car example. We license people to drive. When people prove that they cannot or will not drive responsibly, their DL is revoked. But with a gun, any wacko can get legally get his hands on a gun.

Added by edit.

By the way, I am a proud gun owner.[/quote]

Correction:

We take away their right to drive on public streets....temporarily.

We generally don't take away their cars or their right to own an operate a car on private property.

Even those who are convicted of vehicular related felonies can eventually get their licence back.

Even those who are convicted of DUI can still buy a car and alcohol once they have completed their sentences/parole requirements.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:49 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,129,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
I'm not opposed to guns with a clear, practical purpose like hunting. I don't see any reason for private citizens to own automatic weapons or other excessive firearms.

I know guns themselves don't kill people, but they do make it easier for people to kill people. I'm not in favor criminalizing guns for all citizens, but restrictions for persons with mental health issues and/or violent criminal history seems reasonable. This is all most of us are arguing for: sensible regulation; not an outright ban.
Sounds like you are a hunter. What game do you enjoy hunting the most?
I'm going to do some feral hog hunting for the first time.
I don't have any excessive firearms yet, but someday hope to have one or two.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:18 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,917,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Sounds like you are a hunter. What game do you enjoy hunting the most?
I'm going to do some feral hog hunting for the first time.
I don't have any excessive firearms yet, but someday hope to have one or two.
It would be nice if he defined what an "excessive firearm" is. The only excessive model I can think of is an Anzio Ironworks 20mm. And yes, I want one.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:27 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,688,032 times
People who are anti-gun are looking for solution that to them makes sense and gives them the idea that they will be SAFER.
TO remove the problem remove the tool. (the gun) Or make some so hard to get nobody will have them.

If a murder killed 12 people in one night with a knife and this happened every night in every city they would sooner or later they would ask to remove knives from the general population. After years of telling everyone in the media, the movies and other social acceptable places guns or knives can not be this is the reprogramming of knives are EVIL. Gun does not equal murder. A gun makes it easier, a knife just makes it harder and personal.

If you dont trust your citizens with guns, or any forms of self defense, the only people who will run this country will be government and the criminals. With gun free zones that is what you have created and we see how that is going. If all citizens are gun free zones, see how quickly the 1st amendment disappears.

I dont trust government (see their body of history and work) They kill more people then anyone yet we believe governments should be armed with weapons that can actually cause MASS MURDER. Yet a FREE man, is asked everyday in a airport to put his hands in the air. This the picture of a free man?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I am still tired of being called a pro gun (or just gun) nut by our Liberal friends here on CD that would rather hide behind a "Gun Free Zone" sign and think that it will protect them from some sicko with a gun. So I have a simple question to ask:

If a driver (drunk or sober) hits a family with his/her car, we (rightfully) blame the driver.

When a bomb blows up in Boston or Turkey or in??? We blame the bomber.

When someone kills someone with a gun, WHY THE HELL DO WE BLAME THE GUN?
We don't blame the gun, we blame the person who shot that gun and want to keep guns out of the hands of these bad guys.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:49 AM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We don't blame the gun, we blame the person who shot that gun and want to keep guns out of the hands of these bad guys.
The answer is apparent to me. Armed guards in gun free zones.

Since 2009, 92 Percent of Mass Shootings Have Occurred in Gun-Free Zones - Freedom Outpost

Old 10-14-2015, 10:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The answer is apparent to me. Armed guards in gun free zones.

Since 2009, 92 Percent of Mass Shootings Have Occurred in Gun-Free Zones - Freedom Outpost
Armed guards cannot be everywhere all the time. How about if we make a bigger effort to keep guns out of the hands of mentally unstable and criminals?

Quote:
For example, during the 2014 legislative session in Georgia, the NRA pressed for sweeping gun legislation that critics called the “Guns Everywhere Act,” and which proposed to allow felons using illegal guns to claim protection under the state’s Stand Your Ground law and permit guns on college campuses and in churches, government buildings, and unsecured areas of airports. When a modified version of the legislation passed, the NRA applauded it as the “culmination of all the hard work that NRA members, Second Amendment supporters and Georgia legislators accomplished.” NRA-ILA, “Georgia: Governor to Sign Comprehensive Pro-Gun Bill on Wednesday,” Apr. 22, 2014,
https://www.nraila.org/articles/2014...l-on-wednesday

Old 10-14-2015, 10:26 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,578,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
They don't like anyone and everyone get a license. A written and driving test are both required. If someone proves irresponsible -DUI, reckless driving, excessive speeding tickets, etc- they lose their license. Also, all states that I'm aware of require valid liability insurance.
A License would do absolutely nothing. Yes we can lose a drivers license if we mess up and misuse the car putting other people in Danger or Killing some one, but we already have that Law with Guns. Do you think they let you keep your Gun if you get drunk and kill some one? They will take it and prosecute you. Your wanting a Law that we already have. In the case of Lanza, who killed his Mother and all those Children, how do you see a him losing his License because he shot his Mom and a Bunch of School Kids, as a help? Apply that to the rest of the loony shooters. Taking their "License" after they shoot the folks is supposed to give us a feeling of safety?

The insurance thingy is ridiculous, not worth discussing.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:38 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,578,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
It would be nice if he defined what an "excessive firearm" is. The only excessive model I can think of is an Anzio Ironworks 20mm. And yes, I want one.
Makes my Barrett look like an "Airsoft" or "Nerf" Gun.

You should not have posted a picture of this here. Half anti-gun folks are going to have "Strokes" and "Heart Attacks" crawling under their Beds. The other half are thinking this is that "Dreadful" AR15 High Powered Automatic Assault Rifle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies