Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the first democratic debate?
Clinton 61 36.53%
Sanders 71 42.51%
O'Malley 4 2.40%
Webb 27 16.17%
Chaffee 4 2.40%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 11:14 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,529,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
"I think this debate was Fantastic. It was HUUUUUGE. People say I'm a millionaire, but I'm actually a billionaire ...". signed Donald Trump.
Never mind ... Hillary won this thing, hands down. The woman is ready ...
For prison, perhaps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 11:15 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,293,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So I take it you don't vote? Because you are saying it doesn't matter who you vote for.

I'm saying that if I don't like the candidates of both parties, I don't vote like the majority of the electorate....that's a protest vote.

you sound like you vote for whoever your party tells you to vote for like a good sheep.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:16 PM

32,832 posts, read 19,549,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
President Obama has repeatedly spoken out about black on black crime, .
please quote were Obama has talked '''repeatedly''' about black on black crime

has he ONCE sent his AG to Chicago to investigate the '''black on black''' gang violence???

has he once said "the little girl could be my daughter" when balcks killed the little girl and her mom in a drive by??

not once has Obama supported ALL of America...but damned the torpedoes if a white cop kills a black thug, he will send his AG and say "it could have been my son"

he has been the divider of this country, not transparent like he promised, not a uniter

Old 10-13-2015, 11:17 PM

1,160 posts, read 715,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So I take it you don't vote? Because you are saying it doesn't matter who you vote for.
It matters far more on the GOP side than it does for the Dem's. It's obvious HRC can say anything and the base will vote for her.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:18 PM

32,832 posts, read 19,549,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Clinton left with like 400 billion surplus and bush turned it into like a 5 trillion defect and losing 800k jobs a month
oh please...the lie of a Clinton surplus has been debunked a million times

Clinton/newt never had any surpluses.....they had PROJECTED surpluses...but the country SPENT the surpluses...if you project a surplus, then spend more than that surplus... you have a deficit

budgets are best guesses...projections

ie you can say we EXPECT/PROJECT the revenue to be 2 trillion and EXPECT the spending to be 3 trillion...a 1 trillion PROJECTED deficit

or you can say we EXPECT/PROJECT the revenue to be 2 trillion and EXPECT the spending to be 2 trillion...a PROJECTED balanced budget

ie you can say we EXPECT/PROJECT the revenue to be 2.1 trillion and EXPECT the spending to be 1.9 trillion...a 200 billion PROJECTED surplus

and the end of the year all the pluses and minuses are counted.... you can have

ie you can say we EXPECT/PROJECT the revenue to be 2 trillion and the spending to be 3 trillion...a 1 trillion PROJECTED deficit...but revenue rose to 2.2 trillion and we only spent 2.8 trillion...still a deficit but instead of a 1 trillion deficit, now its a 600 billion deficit

you can project a surplus..and have emergencies show up (ie the Mississippi valley flooding...911... etc) and completely blow the surplus to where it becomes a deficit

sorry, but the PROJECTED surpluses of clinton/newt never happened...the debt never got paid, and the debt infact INCREASED

the simple fact is if there had been a surplus, then the debt would have gone down...it didn't

was the BUDGET balanced.....yes

was there a PROJECTED SURPLUS.....yes

was there an actual surplus , once all in's and out's were counted.....NO

here is the 4 years that they claim had a surplus
Fiscal
Year........ YearEnding.... ..National Debt........Annual budget Deficit

FY1998..... 09/30/1998.... $5.526193 trillion...... $113.05 billion
FY1999..... 09/30/1999.... $5.656270 trillion...... $130.08 billion
FY2000..... 09/29/2000.... $5.674178 trillion...... $17.91 billion
FY2001..... 09/28/2001.... $5.877463 trillion...... $133.29 billion

so endeth the myth of the Clinton surplus

a spent projected surplus is not a surplus

Old 10-13-2015, 11:21 PM

17,673 posts, read 14,812,254 times
Boy, the Democratic Party has really become the party of the old & white.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:21 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,026,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
please quote were Obama has talked '''repeatedly''' about black on black crime

has he ONCE sent his AG to Chicago to investigate the '''black on black''' gang violence???

has he once said "the little girl could be my daughter" when balcks killed the little girl and her mom in a drive by??

not once has Obama supported ALL of America...but damned the torpedoes if a white cop kills a black thug, he will send his AG and say "it could have been my son"

he has been the divider of this country, not transparent like he promised, not a uniter
Here's one instance, but don't expect me to do your leg work for you. Spend more time reading or listening to a wider variety of news coverage.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015...t-it-should-be

Old 10-13-2015, 11:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,271,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I'm saying that if I don't like the candidates of both parties, I don't vote like the majority of the electorate....that's a protest vote.

you sound like you vote for whoever your party tells you to vote for like a good sheep.
Then why do you care who the parties pick? Why are you even commenting on an election forum if you have no interest in it? That is the real question here....as for the "sheep" personal attack that you weakly displayed, I vote for who I think the best candidate is, and I have already told you who I will be voting for.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:23 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,293,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
It matters far more on the GOP side than it does for the Dem's. It's obvious HRC can say anything and the base will vote for her.

no shiat!!!!.....just on the part that she chased the Chinese against their will into a room and made them sign an agreement has got to be up there with the biggest LIE in a debate.

She is amazing, getting deals done with the Chinese!.....just chase them down, lock the door and talk to them against their best economic interest to sign a deal about high taxation on fuel.....

but she will clean the dirty money in the campaigns, she said it in the debate and Sanders deaf on that ear let her with the B.S.

and the whole room starting clapping, makes you wonder about the I.Q. in that hotel in Vegas.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:24 PM

33,598 posts, read 18,239,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This post has so little to do with the America that I live in that I'm stunned. Wherever did the notion come from that 4 (four) soldiers were trained to fight? President Obama is intelligent enough to comprehend that 11 million people are simply not going to be sent back to their country of origin...how do you propose to pay for that? You'd advocate that people who have endured great hardships to get to the land of promise because their lives are at risk where they live should be turned away? We didn't turn away the Italians, Greeks, Jews, Irish...and all have made great contributions to this country.
President Obama has repeatedly spoken out about black on black crime, but apparently that wasn't covered on Fox or Rush.
As for hate...it seems to be evident exactly which posts advocate and exhibit hatred.
Btw, since so many readers apparently missed it: Reagan insider: 'GOP destroyed U.S. economy' - MarketWatch
they walked over the border and most likely came over in nafta trucks.. the mexican truck drivers can now drive all over the United States.

They can come over 5 or 6 times so they can go back and stay there.. many years ago Cities refused to rent or hire illegals and Obama fought for them.

I know first hand here in NJ the freebees they get, welfare , food stamps housing all for having kids born here and the men work under the table making $1000 a week under the table in the housing industry. The illegal women drive dump trucks here.. they are running amuck working under the table and fleecing taxpayers.. get free college while Americans have their property taxes going through the roof.. NJ has the highest property taxes because our dear Christie spends 234 thousand for each illegal to go to grade school here and then they also get free college on the taxpayers dime.. People in NJ are moving out or losing their homes because the cost of living here is so high because the tax burden is enormous. So tell me how illegals are good for the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies