Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 01:47 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times

Advertisements

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...ties/74267790/

Senate Democrats block 'sanctuary cities' legislation

Unreal.

But are we really surprised? In my view, the rule of law/constitution is being ignored left and right on so many levels, it's pathetic. Will the voting public ever wake up to what's going on? Honest answer....no.

Last edited by stevek64; 10-20-2015 at 01:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 01:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
They are and they are following the example being set. More and more are understanding that if those who make the rules can ignore them so can they.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:52 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
This is good news.

It is exactly this sort of garbage that will insure Trump the election and don't you forget it.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:42 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Senate Democrats block bill to strip federal funds from 'sanctuary cities'

Senate Democrats block 'sanctuary cities' legislation

Unreal.

But are we really surprised? In my view, the rule of law/constitution is being ignored left and right on so many levels, it's pathetic. Will the voting public ever wake up to what's going on? Honest answer....no.
I know there are pro Union folks on here and I would be very very interested in knowing what they think of illegal immigration. Why? Because it's been proven that it has decreased labor wages and taken Jobs from Americans. Would be interested in hearing the union spin!

Old 10-20-2015, 02:45 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I know there are pro Union folks on here and I would be very very interested in knowing what they think of illegal immigration. Why? Because it's been proven that it has decreased labor wages and taken Jobs from Americans. Would be interested in hearing the union spin!
In the elections section their is an interesting thread staring trump is actually getting more support from unions than Clinton for that exact reason, seems the unions are tired of playing second fiddle in the democrat party.

The democrats are worried that if sanctuary cities go away they would lose some of their voting block.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Well I guess the only solution is to grant amnesty to the 10-30 million illegals right ?
That's what the WH says. That's the ONLY solution to our illegal immigration problem.

This is the country we live in now folks. Government doesn't even follow their own laws.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:51 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well I guess the only solution is to grant amnesty to the 10-30 million illegals right ?
That's what the WH says. That's the ONLY solution to our illegal immigration problem.

This is the country we live in now folks. Government doesn't even follow their own laws.
Plus, the current admin isn't even trying to cut a deal, like seal the border.

"This bill does nothing more than instigate fear and divide our nation."

Isn't that what the illegals have done in the first place?

Old 10-20-2015, 02:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Only the naïve believe the laws are for the government to follow. The country was founded on the principal that the founding documents were to limit government, not limit people. Unfortunalty is has been a very long time since that was the case. The inherit tendency of man to control other men is too strong.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:53 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It's not just union jobs that are being affected by illegal immigration but all blue-collared jobs.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Plus, the current admin isn't even trying to cut a deal, like seal the border.
LOL..we send welcome vans to the border to pick them up, give them their shots and then buy them bus/plane tickets to whatever city in the continental US they want. (Be thankful they refused all those requests to go to Hawaii).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies