Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 11:55 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Nobody is voting to "take away" anybody's
rights. They have voted to not pervert the definition of marriage by allowing a
certain group to redefine something that has been for many millennia (the entire
history of man) understood to be a bond between a man and a woman (male and
female).
Gay people don't have the right to a Christian marriage..... They do however, have the right to enjoy the benefits of civil marriage and all the benefits under the law that come with it. If churches don't want to perform or condone gay marriage, I have no problem with that.
Quote:
So, I would assume you reject those initiatives (on similar grounds) that
attempt to legalize the use of marijuana (for example)?
No. No one has the "right" to use marijuana, and no one has the right to a marijuana free society either, so a majority rule vote on that issue is perfectly valid.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:24 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So attack him on those grounds, which are actually relevant, unlike his race or religion.
I understand what your saying, I don't attack him on his race or religion. But when he acts in solidary "as a black person" with blacks in the wrong and with muslims in the wrong, and against whites and Christians in the right, I'm not very sympathetic. I don't accept islam as a bona fide religion and above being attacked. Sorry. The left attacks Christianity and "white privilege" so...

Old 11-10-2015, 03:56 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Gay people don't have the right to a Christian marriage..... They do however, have the right to enjoy the benefits of civil marriage and all the benefits under the law that come with it. If churches don't want to perform or condone gay marriage, I have no problem with that.
So be happy with "civil unions?" You aren't "married." You have made a legal arrangement. And don't ask Christian businesses to perform services like photography and custom cakes, etc. for a mock "wedding."
Quote:
No. No one has the "right" to use marijuana, and no one has the right to a marijuana free society either, so a majority rule vote on that issue is perfectly valid.
You can't have it both ways! Either you agree with the initiative process or you don't. If you think it's okay for the public, through that process, to reject "recreational" marijuana use, than you must also accept the public rejecting homosexual so-called "marriage."

You gays amaze me. <SMH> I realize it's all about forcing your agenda on society, making homosexuality to seem "normal."

Old 11-10-2015, 10:37 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
This is what I'm seeing. There is an opportunity to attract a broader audience to the Republican Party. In particular, there is an opportunity to attract more Blacks to the Party. Newt Gingrich, Jeb Bush, Rick Santorum, they had opportunities. However,

Gingrich's NAACP, Food Stamp Remarks Stir Controversy - ABC News
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-off-the-mark/

Two people making the assumption that all Blacks want is "free stuff". That is one way to alienate the people you hope to have vote for you.

And then there is Rick Santorum's comments about Blacks.

If you address and single out people, and talk to them as if they are a burden, then they will not vote for you, period. When Reagan went for the Hispanic vote, he didn't talk down to people. He said, "Hispanics are Republicans, they just don't know it", citing things such as hard work, family and personal responsibility.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:40 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
You can't kick anyone out of any political party. What I mean is, they are the public, not elected officials, you can't do a damn thing about it and 99.9% of the time these people are plants from the opposing party. You should know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies