Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 04:44 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Who are these 'bigots' in the "bigoted branch of the GOP"? Who are they?

Are you able to even define what a "bigot" is? You throw the term around a lot... presumably you know what it means. Lets hear it.
Bigot-intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. Liberals love to call others bigots in hopes of silencing and discrediting. What could be more bigoted than liberal's political correct speech and thought enforcement?

Old 11-09-2015, 04:54 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Bigot-intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. Liberals love to call others bigots in hopes of silencing and discrediting. What could be more bigoted than liberal's political correct speech and thought enforcement?
Thank you for making my point... the person I was responding to is apparently afraid to step up and speak the truth. But your statement is spot on... this deranged notion that 'bigotry' (now defined as 'those who disagree with me or hurt my feewings') is ONLY on 1 side of the political aisle is complete nonsense. But try getting the Left to admit that... they'd rather have a collective root canal.

Last edited by Tyster; 11-09-2015 at 05:05 PM..

Old 11-09-2015, 05:10 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Thank you for making my point... the person I was responding to is apparently afraid to step up and speak the truth. But your statement is spot on... this deranged notion that 'bigotry' (now defined as 'those who disagree with me or hurt my feewings') is ONLY on 1 side of the political aisle is complete nonsense. But try getting the Left to admit that... they'd rather have a collective root canal.
Would you describe someone as a bigot who asked why blacks can move into their neighborhood, country and Contenent?? Or someone who is against inter-racial marriage because they have a problem with "race mixing" as they call it. Would that person qualify as a bigot??

Old 11-09-2015, 05:11 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,899,542 times
Quote:
When they, in effect, need a collective colonoscopy.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:12 PM

4,800 posts, read 3,511,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
When they, in effect, need a collective colonoscopy.
No sheitt

Old 11-09-2015, 05:14 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You have the right to an opinion, someone else has the right to say that opinion is bigoted. See how that works??

Old 11-09-2015, 05:27 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Would you describe someone as a bigot who asked why blacks can move into their neighborhood, country and Contenent?? Or someone who is against inter-racial marriage because they have a problem with "race mixing" as they call it. Would that person qualify as a bigot??
Maybe... maybe not. Can someone have a bigoted or prejudiced view about something without acting on it? Sure, happens all the time. If they don't act on it, are they a bigot? Is an opinion enough to call someone a bigot? Or do they have to act on it?

More to the point, no involvement of race, gender, <insert currently popular Leftist victim collective here> is required for bigotry to exist. You may see it there more often, as it's more obvious, but pure bigotry is simple obstinance about one's own beliefs at the exclusion of all others. It doesn't have to involved race at all. And with that in mind, who is not a bigot?

Old 11-09-2015, 05:38 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
Quote:
You have the right to an opinion, someone else has the right to say that opinion is bigoted. See how that works??
Use of accusations of bigotry and racism as a means to shut down debate and shame those with heterodox views into silence, yes, I see that all the time. But I don't think it's working as well as it once did.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
And liberal opinion is often bigotry.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Forcing white nations only to be increasingly multiracial, less white and more 'diverse', forcing people to associate and live and do business with others they'd rather not for various reasons, telling people they can't not be for inter-racial marriage is not jut bigotry but bigotry put in motion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies