Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 10:32 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times

Advertisements

If you could somehow kick all the bigoted racists out, you'll probably end up with something not recognizable as modern-day "conservative."

Old 11-08-2015, 10:44 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,637,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No he was saying all for black people plus non-white immigration. Everyone else can pound sand.
What you are saying is everyone else who isn't white or doesn't think just like you can pound sand.

Quote:
This is not true. The left does complain and attack white people as a group all the time to diminish them as a group and a culture. But that's not the important issue. The issue is the left places everyone into groups and creates a hierarchy. If there is a conflict between two people's interests, the white person loses by default, the conservative, the Christian, the heterosexual, the male, freedom etc lose. It's totalitarianism.
Kinda like you, huh? You've done nothing but talk about people as groups. Liberals, blacks, whites, Christians. Then you have the nerve to complain that problem is the left places everyone into groups and creates a hierarchy? I swear, you're like a dog barking at a mirror and not realizing what he sees is his own reflection.

You really need to look up the word totalitarian if that's what you think it means. I find it particularly ironic that you complain about losing freedom while trying to take away the freedoms of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Rubbish. Anti-white garbage is commonplace amongst the leftist set these days. And if "progressive" liberals are offended by my views, then I'm on the right track.
Then you two shouldn't have any trouble coming up with a lot of examples. Let's see some. And I don't mean from some kooky blog no one reads. Let's see some "anti-white garbage" hate messages coming from mainstream sources.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:43 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The op like your post has a twisted agenda. I'm still waiting for some proof what the op has to do with the conservative movement?
If you consider not pandering to racist cave-dwellers twisted.... well, than I guess you are the kind of person I am saying we should kick to the proverbial curb.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:45 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Comical rewriting of history. Blacks struggled against their will, as slaves.

You don't seriously expect anyone to believe you care about them , do you?
I do believe the civil war and the civil rights movement are a part of history, are they not? So in that way, blacks too, struggled to make this country great, and they did it of their own free will....

Old 11-09-2015, 07:42 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
OP, I agree with you.

I am a (black) independent and would truly consider being a republican if the party did not blindly accept overt bigotry in lay party members and even some elected officials.

I especially agree with the comment below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You're absolutely right. Most conservatives are not bigots, but most bigots are conservatives which leads to guilt by association. The Republican Party could make a concerted effort to publicly denounce low information hillbillies, aka teajahdists, aka Freedom Caucus supporters, aka "the base", but then it would have a much harder time winning elections so that's not going to happen.

Look, it is what it is. Before Bill Clinton, Democrats used to have pander to far left kooks to win votes, and it wasn't pretty. If this were the late 80s, I could say most Democrats are not Marxists, but most Marxists are Democrats. Fortunately for us, we had a very successful president who managed to build a large enough coalition to win elections around our center. That's why the Democratic Party of today is the party of adults and the Republican Party has become the kiddie table. It won't be like this forever, I'm sure, but that's how it is for now. For the 2016 presidential election, we're going to nominate a seasoned professional with decades of experience as a senator and secretary of state, and you guys currently have two clowns at the top of the polls while the pros with actual experience and expertise in government (Christie, Kasich, Huckabee, Jindal, even Jeb) are in the single digits.

The bold above is especially true and I think the GOP should REALLY make a concerted, social media effort to smash the voice of the Tea Party, bigoted "conservative" and ensure that they are silenced as the main voice of the party.

The Dems could not win a majority in the 1980s due to the hippie-ish extreme left. Though that segment of the party is still there, they are no longer the loudest party members.

I really do feel the GOP needs to basically kick out the extreme right conservatives and force them to either create their own party or sit down and shut up and sulk. The extreme right is the reason why a lot of Americans are dissatisfied with Congress in particular and the reason why Boehner quit. No one wants to deal with their crap IMO. I am hoping that in 2020, the GOP will get its act together. I don't think it will happen any time soon. Look at who are the front runners. We all know that neither one of them will get the nomination. It is silly for so many of you to actually think that either Carson or Trump is an adequate presidential candidate, especially when you have some really great candidates in the GOP in the form of Christie and Kasich especially.

And FWIW, I do think that the Democrats today are much more "conservative" than they used to be, but there are still some big differences between the two parties.

I wish the GOP weren't nutso with accepting the racism, bigotry, and that they would adhere to their party's core tenets which are small government, fiscal responsibility, and keeping government out of the personal lives of others. All of the above should make the GOP more of a popular party with all sorts of demographics, but these nutso bigots are super loud and you all let them go on whines and tantrums way too much. The majority of the post in this thread made my eyes roll in regards to Obama being a muslim especially. I mean come on...he only has about 2 years left in his term. Let it go already....

Old 11-09-2015, 07:48 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
I really wish the GOP would revisit its history and become more of a party like it was in the days of Eisenhower, who I consider the last great Republican president.

He was progressive in regards to investing in infrastructure in our country. He was not some overt racist either during an era when that wouldn't have been frowned upon as much.

Even Reagan was better than these conservatives today. I was alive during his time in office and don't think as fondly of him as most Republicans (even the crazy right, who would consider him a RINO today) but at least he had some common sense and knew he had to work with Dems to keep our country moving forward. He also was much smarter on healthcare and immigration than the current group of crazy righties, yet he was still conservative and could appeal to many independents and even moderate Dems to get them to switch their vote.

Trump and Carson will not appeal to any moderate. Both are pretty idiotic on most important issues and have no experience in government. I don't think Trump knows the meaning of "compromise." Carson is just WAY too far out to the point where I think he has some sort of diminished mental capacity of late.

These guys are not presidential. GOP, please take your party back. You have such a storied history you can build upon. It would be so exciting to see a real GOP movement that picks up on that past and silence these nuts.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:04 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoris View Post
Are you high??
No if I was high, your chosen one would go after me since he's continuing the failed war on drugs. Letting those out on drug charges because of reduced sentencing now is a start but that is only a drop in the bucket.

Quote:
Obama is far more honest than the idiot George W Bush that lied to us and got us stuck in Iraq, the one that lied to us about waterboarding, and who let his incompetent team destabilize the entire Middle East, and hired "Brownie, the good man" to oversee FEMA.
Obama isn't honest period. The word honest shouldn't be used in the same sentence as Obama. Why are those troops still in the Middle East or did you forget about the lies he told us about that?
And yes no more nation building Bush is a liar too.

Quote:
Obama is far more honest than "Bubba" Clinton, who sold out American jobs to WalMart's Chinese manufacturers, who signed the Republican bill to repeal Glass Stegal, the number one cause for the Great Recession,
The partial repeal of Glass Steagall had nothing to do with our collapse. We made little to no down payment to people who normally wouldn't qualify. The loans go bad and the mortgage holders have no equity so they lost a ton. Treat the cause not the symptom.
AIG, Bear Stearns, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, Merrill lynch, Wachovia, WAMU, Countrywide Financial all failed and none of them combined investment with commercial banking. Quit listening to theorys from those that never saw the collapse coming. Especially since it was yet again the easy money lending from government which has happened time and time again.

Quote:
who killed even more American jobs with NAFTA, who enacted the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 that filled his cronies jails with NON-VIOLENT drug users. I could go on, but what's the point. I just wish Americans would be a little more judicious in picking our Presidents.
I agree and am not a big fan of Clinton but where did Clinton lie when it comes to NAFTA?

Quote:
I am not voting for a party! I am not voting for a politician! I am voting to get the MONEY OUT OF POLITICS! It is our biggest problem and it lies at the root of all of our other problems.
Agreed. Let the states decide. At least we have a chance of throwing them out. no chance on changing things when congress decides for all the states.

Quote:
The only candidate that presents an apparently sincere wish to get that done is Bernie Sanders.
You do know he wanted to bail out Greece right? plus I don't care if someone is sincere. It's always about policy.

Quote:
I believed Obama when he said that he would get that done, he didn't; I am not quite willing to call him a liar, but I certainly am disappointed.
Then you shouldn't be posting if you don't know what a lie is.
Just a few examples of lies
Keep your doctor
Transparency
The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation
The first thing I'll do is bring our troops home

Quote:
My one wish is that enough American patriots will see that the only way to protect the future of our country is to wrest control of our destiny out of the hands of the multi-nationals and billionaires. The banks should not run this country! Soros should not run this country! The Kochs should not run this country! Exxon should not run this country! Stand up America, before it's too late!
Agreed. But call every politician out who lies, Obama included

Old 11-09-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Get off welfare then if it's bothering you so much. Don't be so self conscious about it. I'm not judging you.
lol I'm not on welfare.

Quote:
Calm down.
You progressives sure like to order people around.

Quote:
As to my vote, don't worry about my vote. Worry about yours. My vote is none of ya beeswax. I'd make the same vote all over again.
Is it because doing the same things over again and expecting different results is insanity and you're insane?

Quote:
And I didn't play a race card.
Of course you play the race card. What do you think you did in this thread?

Quote:
Again, get mad at the man who exposed you and your party at Fiorina's luncheon.
How did he expose the republicans? Unless he said they spend every bit as much as the dems then he didn't expose them.

Quote:
I know he went off script and said too much, but we can't get past the issues without being truthful...and he told the truth as Repubs see it.
Told the truth in your eyes as you see it. the blindest person is the one who refuses to see.

Quote:
Maybe not you so much (although on the other hand...)
meow

Quote:
but definitely the majority of the party.
Enlighten me on what he said that you think the majority of the repubs back.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
OP, I agree with you.

I am a (black) independent and would truly consider being a republican if the party did not blindly accept overt bigotry in lay party members and even some elected officials.
Show some proof of Republicans overt bigotry policies.
Even some comments that are considered a cornerstone of the republicans.
Is this one - "a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one"

So according to you blacks have weathered the horrible economic times well? They haven't been hurt by it too much as well as the loose immigration and illegal immigration laws? Must be if the dems are doing the right think for American minorities.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:19 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,004,097 times
Quote:
Yeah you can be a good little Christian as long as you reinterpret Christian beliefs inline with what liberals dictate. Must accept homosexuality, must except Islam as equivalent, must accept abortion, feminism etc.
Just like how anywhere in Rome you can be as Christian as you want to be as long as you pray to Caesar. You're right on - left-wing and ruling class posturing on this issue notwithstanding, it has everything to do with not wanting to permit people to practice their religion.

Oh, and as a reminder free exercise of religion means you can practice your beliefs so long as they don't interfere with another person practicing theirs - so forcible conversions and the like are out, but you also can't be forced to serve gay people, participate in gay weddings, et cetera. Another good example is Jehovah's Witnesses and the Pledge of Allegiance, along with some of the peace churches and their scrupulous avoidance of condoning militarism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
How do we kick useless cucks out of the conservative movement?
Same answer as with the racists - you can't, but you can make it clear that their beliefs and actions are contrary to conservative principles and you don't have to treat them as one of your own. I'll leave the question of whether "cucks" should fall into that status or not to the reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't understand why anyone has to defend Obama in the first place. The only person that truly knows what faith Obama is happens to be Obama himself.
Indeed. Barack Obama is a Christian - of course no one but himself knows what his "real" faith is, but the same could be said for most other people. We have about as much reason to believe that Obama is Christian as we have for the average Sunday morning churchgoer, so short of a declaration of some other belief, that fact stands. Also, if he weren't a Christian it wouldn't make any difference - the quality of a President depends on his actions, his approach, his aptitude, and his ideology. Faith is only relevant to the extent it affects these qualities - since we already know what his qualities are, his faith doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post
This is America, Jack! Racism is as American as apple pie.
Not really. Prejudice is universal - apple pie is not. Americans as a people were never defined, distinguished, or had their identity founded on racism, and the same goes for most other peoples in the world. Racism is a belief that is wrong and is destructive to other people and to the welfare of the world around us - all of us should be aware of and overcome racial bias just like any other cognitive bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Why should I care what someone who tolerates and sticks up for racists thinks of me? I think racist beliefs are stupid and we have proof from observing them in action.
In the same vein, the belief itself may be stupid, but it's a stupid belief that some very smart people held over the generations - unfortunately, good IQ is no guarantee of good ideas. Scientific racism and racist forms of eugenics, to name two examples from the past century, were the product of people that were the exact opposite of some illiterate backwoodsmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
What you are saying is everyone else who isn't white or doesn't think just like you can pound sand.
What the pro-Obama crowd constantly says is that anyone that isn't non-white (they're "the future", you know) or a white who thinks just like them can pound sand. It's a situation that just begs for party politics to morph into a system more like Mississippi or South Africa than what most of us would want for the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Trump and Carson will not appeal to any moderate. Both are pretty idiotic on most important issues and have no experience in government. I don't think Trump knows the meaning of "compromise."
For the record, Trump has routinely polled higher among Republican moderates than Republicans as a whole, so obviously he must be appealing to someone in the moderate camp. Trump titled his greatest work The Art of the Deal and has completed numerous successful business negotiations - I'm sure if he thought it prudent or beneficial he would have no difficulty compromising. My problems with Trump as President, such as they are, stem from policy and ideology, not competency or electability.

Last edited by Patricius Maximus; 11-09-2015 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies