Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 12:32 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Here's where you're wrong: ISIS is not supported in Aghanistan. In fact, they actively clash with the Taliban. Taliban and ISIS is NOT the same thing. Anyone who puts those two groups in the same category doesn't know what they're talking about.
Where did I write that? Show me one post in which I wrote that the Taliban and ISIS are the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 09:27 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
What I wrote is that ISIS recruits people from Afghanistan.

I never said they were the same terrorist groups. Show me where I wrote that, please!

If I'm as clueless as Frontline on PBS, then I take that as a compliment. Maybe you once lived in the Middle East, but I also lived in New England for over 40 years. That doesn't mean I know what's happening in Boston now.

ISIS in Afghanistan: School of Jihad | ISIS in Afghanistan | FRONTLINE | PBS

The New York Times?

Afghan ISIS Branch Makes Inroads in Battle Against Taliban

Okay..just one more link

What It's Like To Live Under ISIS Control In Afghanistan

Well, maybe two more links

ISIS Gains A Foothold In Afghanistan
I was physically over there less than two years ago, and I still keep track of this stuff on a pretty regular basis through channels that the average civilian doesn't have access to. So quoting open source media, who's usually only right about the vague details and completely miss on analytical assessments, is humorous. You can't lump together Iraq and Afghanistan when talking about ISIS, those are two different situations completely. Sorry.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I dont think so

the ''third choice'' is staying out of it...but then they will bring the fight to us

is that what you are advocating, Cas??? I know you enough to know you dont want the battle brought to our shores
The Third choice is to stay out of ME countries unless it is absolutely required. We had no business in Iraq or Syria.
Yes, too late for that now, maybe one of these days we will learn our lesson, or not.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
I was physically over there less than two years ago, and I still keep track of this stuff on a pretty regular basis through channels that the average civilian doesn't have access to. So quoting open source media, who's usually only right about the vague details and completely miss on analytical assessments, is humorous. You can't lump together Iraq and Afghanistan when talking about ISIS, those are two different situations completely. Sorry.
First, if you really served our country, thank you for your service. However, you keep repeating things I never wrote. Is it your reading comprehension? When your posts begin to make sense, then we can have a reasonable discussion. You just added another false statement. I never "lumped" Iraq and Afghanistan together and I certainly never claimed Taliban and ISIS are the same group. Never. So, even after I asked you to go back to my earlier posts and show me where I wrote these things, you continue to ignore me. Is this a new right-wing strategy?

Regarding the links in my post #140, they are all from reliable sources. I already posted numerous sources from the U.S.. How about one from Al-Jazeera?

[url=http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/specialseries/2015/11/islamic-state-isil-taliban-afghanistan-151101074041755.html]ISIL and the Taliban - Al Jazeera English[/url]

"Raising its black flag over the rugged mountainous regions of Afghanistan, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) has emerged as a new threat to the war-ravaged country as it battles the Taliban for supremacy."

So reliable, well respected news sources from around the world have evidence that ISIS has spread into Afghanistan, but you insist they aren't there. Okay.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
You realize it was President Bush who said you can take the troops out when the time was right. That doing so before would do what Obama did. What Obama was pretty much told would happen by most everyone else.
This is blatantly untrue, and in all your subsequent responses you keep trying to move the goal post as more people point out your falsehood.

The simple fact is, you were wrong. Admit it or dont, it doesnt really matter at this point.

If President Bush had actually wanted what you claimed, he would have never signed the agreement to remove troops in the first place.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:32 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This is blatantly untrue, and in all your subsequent responses you keep trying to move the goal post as more people point out your falsehood.

The simple fact is, you were wrong. Admit it or dont, it doesnt really matter at this point.

If President Bush had actually wanted what you claimed, he would have never signed the agreement to remove troops in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDpcbRadvNI

Presidents who are not Obama renegotiate these things all the time. The President of Iraq wanted us to stay, Obama did not want to stay so he said you needed to go through their full Parliament/Congress for approval which is impossible since in part there are Radical Islamists in there as well.

Obama sabotaged the changes to keep them there. He wanted out, it was is campaign promise and that was much more important to him than the hundreds of thousands that died afterward.

Worst President of all time, worse than even Carter.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
IMHO we should either leave the entire Middle East to sort itself out. After the bloodbath runs out of victims we can take over the oil fields and pump them dry without any interference from what is left of the natives.

An alternate is to set up a fence of spears on the road between Baghdad and Damascus and, using whatever force is needed, fill then with ISIS or ISIL skulls. This is the kind of fight where the Western Rules of War are not appropriate and should not restrict our actions. This is a cultural war not an economic conflict. It is a war we DARE NOT LOSE!

Old 11-19-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IMHO we should either leave the entire Middle East to sort itself out. After the bloodbath runs out of victims we can take over the oil fields and pump them dry without any interference from what is left of the natives.

An alternate is to set up a fence of spears on the road between Baghdad and Damascus and, using whatever force is needed, fill then with ISIS or ISIL skulls. This is the kind of fight where the Western Rules of War are not appropriate and should not restrict our actions. This is a cultural war not an economic conflict. It is a war we DARE NOT LOSE!

If someone can tell me where all the terrorists are located, then I might agree with those who say we need to bring them down. However, I remember when a young man born & raised in Alabama was on the FBI most wanted list because he he joined a radical terrorist group and was finally killed. Should we bomb Mobile? What about the French citizens with suicide vests who just self-detonated? Maybe we should bomb France too. Turkey recently arrested several people after a bombing in Ankara that killed about 100 people and seriously injured many others. So, according to everyone who thinks we need to wipe out ISIS, we should bomb Turkey as well. ISIS is in Egypt, Libya, Syria, and Iraq and has recently moved into Afghanistan, Algeria, Morocco, Mali, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan and has some known presence in other countries.

The United States, France and Russia have all been bombing ISIS. We just destroyed more than 100 trucks that were suspected of carrying oil for ISIS. France and Russia have carried out massive air strikes this week. I wish everyone who keeps saying that Obama is weak and we need to "destroy ISIS" would explain to me what more we should be doing.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:33 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Obama is a muslim and wants Isis to grow and bomb the hell out of America and Europe. Obama told the Benghazi American soldiers to stand down. Obama doesn,T want to kill any muslims, It is against his Muslim religion.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:34 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
First, if you really served our country, thank you for your service. However, you keep repeating things I never wrote. Is it your reading comprehension? When your posts begin to make sense, then we can have a reasonable discussion. You just added another false statement. I never "lumped" Iraq and Afghanistan together and I certainly never claimed Taliban and ISIS are the same group. Never. So, even after I asked you to go back to my earlier posts and show me where I wrote these things, you continue to ignore me. Is this a new right-wing strategy?

Regarding the links in my post #140, they are all from reliable sources. I already posted numerous sources from the U.S.. How about one from Al-Jazeera?

ISIL and the Taliban - Al Jazeera English

"Raising its black flag over the rugged mountainous regions of Afghanistan, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) has emerged as a new threat to the war-ravaged country as it battles the Taliban for supremacy."

So reliable, well respected news sources from around the world have evidence that ISIS has spread into Afghanistan, but you insist they aren't there. Okay.
Strange way to start the post, but you're welcome.

Dmitri95 wrote: "Afghanistan has nothing to do with ISIS, other than the fact that ISIS is now coming there because of Obama's withdrawal."

You responded with: "I disagree. When you drop bombs and call the innocent civilians "collateral damage" it's easier for terrorist groups like ISIS to recruit people."

Let me tell you something about Al-Jazeera...they used to post Taliban propaganda on a regular basis, promoting their ideology. So do I find them credible? No. Can't you see how this article is written?

Speaking of words in someone's mouth, where did I write that isn't in Afghanistan? You and the rest of the "well respected news sources from around the world" are sensationalizing an insignificant occurrence over there. ISIS doesn't have the foothold in Afghanistan that you think they do. This is why I don't like debating civilians about this topic; I know more than 98% of the country does about this but I can't divulge sources so you assume I'm making stuff up.

Case and point: the Russian plane that crashed at the end of October. Sure you can tell me how many passengers died and there was an explosion that caused it, but can you say exactly what explosive type? How many grams (not an educated guess)? Who was the primary individual that coordinated it? Who actually carried it out? How did it even end up on the plane in the first place? I would venture to say probably not, while I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies