Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you Agree with Obama that Americans are Shameful?
No 267 84.23%
Yes 50 15.77%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 11:11 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,486,880 times

Advertisements

Just released:

THE KILL LIST: Islamic State has Released List of American Cities They Plan on Attacking - Girls Just Wanna Have Guns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 11:13 PM

254 posts, read 145,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Here is how I would handle the 'Syrian Refugees' - Allen West Republic#

Don't allow any fighting age man to come here. Only women and children.
That's great, I agree, but it goes against the plan of destabilizing the west. Even if Obama implemented your plan, a sleeper cell WILL get through, and we will see what happened in France happen here, because our leader will make sure it happens.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:16 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Debunked quite some time ago, months ago.

Maybe you shouldn't read places that lie to you.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:21 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
For a Nation who preaches democracy and humanity....Sorry..denying refugee's just because a handful just may slip thru is actually nothing more than shameful.

Post 9/11 USA is far superior to likely most European Countries...Because of 9/11...European Countries have been lax..and especially Belgium..THEY should be ashamed of themselves!!

But to deny true refugee's because of propaganda..is simply a false narrative..Congress has been silent ..over a year ago ( GOP Majority both Houses) ..refuse to even address BO requesting authorization.....NOW say he is conducting a war against the Constitution....Man these guys are NUTS!! Just like when BO had Warships off coast of Syria ( once Chemical Weapons proven) and UK voted against invading/attacking..and Congress when asked//SILENCE!!

However..Ships poised to attack did bring Syria to the table thru PUkin..and yep they were found and removed....and THAT was that "Red Line".....Now GOP is rewriting history..blames BO..yet Majority party in Congress rather pursue Benghazi//or Planned Parenthood..instead of dealing with foreign policy!!!

NOW with millions of refugee's fleeing into surrounding Countries..and USA, the preacher of compassion for oppressed..haven't got the GUTS to take in .o6% of their population...Rather..BAR the DOOR..Keep those folks OUT!! Despicable!!

Canada will be taking in 25,000..Man oh man!! That's .75%..thats like 480X what the "Most Powerful Nation" on the Face of the Earth is willing to accept by C-D standards....Yep..Precisely...preach it!! Kool-Aid sold by Politicians/Pundits..don't care which party stripe they wear!! You either walk the talk..or ****!!
What really amazes me is that the GOP keeps saying this is a "Christian" nation -- how Christian is that to slam the door on refugees? Even the Pope is taking in two families!

Old 11-16-2015, 11:26 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You are referencing an opinion piece.
Naturalization is the act of granting an individual citizenship who did not previously have it. The constitution says nothing about regulating who and how many are allowed to emigrate here, thus it becomes a state matter.
Apparently you have poor reading comprehension. I won't argue about something so silly. The President and Congress have always determined how many people can immigrate to the United States. It's not only in the Constitution, it's been ruled upon in the Supreme Court. The States only have certain limitations on an immigrant's rights in that state.

I guess since I already posted so much information on immigration that you refuse to accept, that the U.S. Department of State's explanation will probably be wrong too, at least according to you.

I don't know how you can call a government website on immigration an "opinion" but crazier things have been written on this forum.

[url=http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process.html]The Immigrant Visa Process[/url]

How many refugees does the U.S. admit?

Each year the President, in consultation with Congress, determines the numerical ceiling for refugee admissions. For Fiscal Year (FY) 2015, the ceiling is 70,000.

Of course I'm not going to quote every statement, but no state can determine how many refugees can live in it. The Gov of a State can refuse to cooperate, the same way some have refused to accept other laws, but they do not not have the legal authority to do so.

Honestly, I wonder if people here ever studied politics or government in college or only know what they hear on Fox News.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I believe this is the first time that a USA President has traveled overseas and called Americans "Shameful" to the world press.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ouse-strategy/

He also was late to a moment of silence of world leaders who were giving a moment of silence to the victims of the Paris mass shooting.

Barack Obama is LATE for moment of silence for Aris attack victims at G20 | Daily Mail Online
No. We need to help ourselves before we help others. As has been mentioned in several posts on several threads, we have 100,000 or so homeless veterans. Let's help them, first, before we help refugees. We will turn our back on our own, but open the door wide, and give away free stuff to so called refugees?

I don't trust our government to vet anyone properly. I don't trust that we won't get radical lunatics mixed in with those "refugees". I also don't understand why those young, able bodied men are not taught how to fight back if they are such victims right now.

What is shameful is the way this country has treated its vets. After seeing what has happened in Europe, in addition to what just happened in Paris, I don't really care about refugees right now. They have trashed the place, they have attacked the locals, they are picky about food and accommodations, as well as the location they ended up in. "We're bored." OH BOO HOO. If life was so bad where they came from, they should be happy to be bored. They scream at gays, they scream at women, they scream at the police, they tear down fences, they defecate all over trains...they have zero respect...and Obama is trying to shame me for not wanting a squatter in my house? He needs to shut the hell up and take care of our veterans first. Only then will he have any room to be flapping his gums. And to be trash talking his own country to the rest of the world? AND ANYONE IS OKAY WITH THIS? This is our "leader", and he talks sh** about us? Wow, what a great choice this country made. /sarc

Old 11-16-2015, 11:31 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I believe this is the first time that a USA President has traveled overseas and called Americans "Shameful" to the world press.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ouse-strategy/

He also was late to a moment of silence of world leaders who were giving a moment of silence to the victims of the Paris mass shooting.

Barack Obama is LATE for moment of silence for Aris attack victims at G20 | Daily Mail Online
He's been bashing America since he took office.

I bet he moves to Hawaii when he is out of office. Wonder how many refugees Hawaii will be getting - none??

Old 11-16-2015, 11:41 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
He's been bashing America since he took office.
I bet he moves to Hawaii when he is out of office. Wonder how many refugees Hawaii will be getting - none??
Geezus..he never said Americans are shameful, does anyone read the posts before they weigh in?

And when I hear folks say that, well, maybe we should just admit the Christians but not the Muslims, when I hear political leaders suggesting that there would be a religious test for which person who's fleeing from a war-torn country is admitted, when some of those folks themselves come from families who benefited from protection when they were fleeing political persecution, that's shameful," he said, his voice rising. "That's not American. That’s not who we are. We don’t have religious tests to our compassion." As far as him being late to a moment of silence, do you realize that the only place that is 'big news' is on the right wing websites? The rest of the world doesn't care, he's the President for God's sake..have a little respect for the Office, if not for the man.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Here is how I would handle the 'Syrian Refugees' - Allen West Republic#

Don't allow any fighting age man to come here. Only women and children.
And eventually they will be able to sponsor their husband or other family members.

Children? You don't think that an 18 year old is of "fighting" age? In the US you have to be 18 to join the military. In Syria, extremists are grooming children from the day they start to walk. So that "child" that is 14 years old could very well have been indoctrinated and hold the beliefs that that were being instilled in them.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Geezus..he never said Americans are shameful, does anyone read the posts before they weigh in?

And when I hear folks say that, well, maybe we should just admit the Christians but not the Muslims, when I hear political leaders suggesting that there would be a religious test for which person who's fleeing from a war-torn country is admitted, when some of those folks themselves come from families who benefited from protection when they were fleeing political persecution, that's shameful," he said, his voice rising. "That's not American. That’s not who we are. We don’t have religious tests to our compassion." As far as him being late to a moment of silence, do you realize that the only place that is 'big news' is on the right wing websites? The rest of the world doesn't care, he's the President for God's sake..have a little respect for the Office, if not for the man.
Respect a president that constantly apologizes for America??? Who abuses the power of his Office? Seriously? Respect is earned. He hasn't earned my respect, and there are millions of people who feel the same way. So don't you tell me who or what to respect.

Yes, he's the president, and how unfortunate for America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies