Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 11:29 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Private sector might see only a slight improvement with the "state lines thing" but still misses soo many other points.. and doesnt make enough of an impact on cost.
I disagree. I have seen some models that indicate health insurance premiums, on average, would come down some 20 to 25% if the risk pool was spead. And, that was a conservative estimate

Old 02-04-2008, 11:30 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Unless insurance companies are allowed to sell their products across state lines, I can guarantee you that the premiums will not come down.

Change this one area of the law - and watch insurance become more affordable.

BTW - I'm looking forward to my "body lift" in Sept - from the tips of my toes to the top of my head Everything including hair implants and veneers!!!

Good luck.. I wish you a speedy recovery.. it's always nice that you have the exta to do that.. no one begudges you that..

Just remember...
While you are waiting to get your elective surgery.. many are dying in hospitals because insurance companies are denying them life saving surgeries!

That isn't meant to bring you down or make you feel bad..but just make you se1e how lucky you truly are.. and why the system is so broken and messed up

Old 02-04-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I disagree. I have seen some models that indicate health insurance premiums, on average, would come down some 20 to 25% if the risk pool was spead. And, that was a conservative estimate

If it comes down THAT MUCH with a state to state purchasing of PRIVATE FOR PROFIT insurance.. then IMAGINE THE GREATER SAVINGS FOR ALL ON A UHI SYSTEM WITH THE BIGGEST POOL EVER!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Good luck.. I wish you a speedy recovery.. it's always nice that you have the exta to do that.. no one begudges you that..
My insurance is paying for it - I'm going to have a great time - A 60 year old with 6 pack abs!!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
If it comes down THAT MUCH with a state to state purchasing of PRIVATE FOR PROFIT insurance.. then IMAGINE THE GREATER SAVINGS FOR ALL ON A UHI SYSTEM WITH THE BIGGEST POOL EVER!!!
It's the same pool. AND, not government run

You like the idea of government running your life, don't you? Sure sounds like it.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Hey I got an idea. How about people take care of themselves and lead healthy lifestyles. I'm sure a drastic change in lifestyle would save millions and millions in healthcare costs! Oh wait, that would require people being responsible.

Well yes.. that's a problem too.. there is a post where it was suggested a tax on cigs and liquor to fund GreatDay's "plan".. I jokingly (or atleast half jokingly) added Mcdee's (and others like it) to that to fund a UHI along with that..LOL Imagine THAT.

France, ( I believe it's france) within their UHI have something set up where Doctors get bonuses for patients they actualyl manage to help get a healthier lifestlye together.. (lose weight, cholestroal under control, diabetes..etc.). The US , rather, has a private sector that awards Dr's that work for them money to turn down neccesary procedures!! Meanwhile.. people are dying while the insurance company is improving their bottom line!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
It's the same pool. AND, not government run

You like the idea of government running your life, don't you? Sure sounds like it.

Again.. government wouldnt' be runnimg my life.. o nly providing a service my tax dollars are paying for! Right now.. greedy corporations are running my life!!

It's not the same pool.. if you have health insurance companies with differetn companies the pools for each would be limited to those that purchase that particular insurance.. where as universally we'd all be in the SAME pool.. oh .. and we wouldn't be turned down for procedures so that someone can improve thier profits!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Again.. government wouldnt' be runnimg my life.. o nly providing a service my tax dollars are paying for! Right now.. greedy corporations are running my life!!
Yes, Government would be running your life.

Hilary's plan is a government run program - John Edwards plan was a government run program.

Most of the UHI proposals out there are government run - the single payer is government run

The government, like they do in Canada and the UK, make the decisions what you get, and don't get.

Like Canada - you can be denied life saving procedures if they government wants to -

Please - get educated on this issue -

You would become a slave to the government on health care

Old 02-04-2008, 11:41 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
By having a UHC the govt does NOT run your life it just runs the hospitals . I decide what hospital i want to go into and i can be refered to any doctor i like. We get more interference about what hospitals we can use from private health than the NHS. The argument that the govt runs your life is just scaremongering and i should know as i use a UHC and the decissions are in my hands. In fact i can consult with my personal doctor and decide what are the best choices of care.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
By having a UHC the govt does NOT run your life it just runs the hospitals . I decide what hospital i want to go into and i can be refered to any doctor i like. We get more interference about what hospitals we can use from private health than the NHS. The argument that the govt runs your life is just scaremongering and i should know as i use a UHC and the decissions are in my hands. In fact i can consult with my personal doctor and decide what are the best choices of care.
Perhaps you need to become totally educated on what is being proposed for here in the United States first - you are trying to indicate that the proposals here, in the US, will mimic the UK. That is false
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies