Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
The government just dictates how much money they are allowed to make.

With all due respect your ideas on health care are based purely on emotions and a utopian narrow view of the world. Not sure how else to say it. No disrespect intended.

And I can say the same to you..

so who dictates now how much Dr.s can make.. the insurance companies.. base on how much they contract to pay for procedures etc. No where in my plan does it say that Dr's are limited to how much they make! They are NOT government employees.. they will be in the UHI network and if they so choose they can remain in the Private or soley private network. Dr's are STILL private sector.. as in the U.K more Dr's are in UHI because it's so efficent, cost effective and in the end makes them MORE than in the PRivate insurance (and the nonsense they deal with in that PHI sector). No where in their plan are Dr's Government paid employees..

Again.. that is a FEAR.. not a FACT or reality.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:19 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
The misconception is that Drs and offices will become governement employees like the DMV , however, in UK all Dr's are private sector.. alot of it is private sector.. because they DO also have private health insurance..
And in Canada, they are government employees

Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Here is the problem that I have with your posts:

No Universal Health Care plan, for the United States, has been written, debated nor implemented.
That's right.. but this is a plan that is up and running since 1946 in the UK!

It is only your ASSUMPTION that everything you say will happen will

You can offer no, absolute, proof -you can offer only your opinion
Your plan is only assumptions too and offers no proof.
No plan that is a "plan" offers absolute truths.. however, you can look at the models already out there that are working.. it's right there in front of you. .this plan WORKS AS is proven by what is going on elsewhere.

Your plan, however, has NO BASIS for ANY outcome because it doesn't exist anywhere else..As a matter of fact it's more of the same that is already NOT WOrking..

Will you, at the very least, and in order to be honest with everyone, admit, that you are expressing only your OPINION - and not fact?

Will you admit that?
It is my OPINION.. based onFACTS.. Just look at hte UK plan.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
And in Canada, they are government employees

yeah.. and your point is? I didn't mention Canada I mentioned the UK.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
A) Not for over 300 million people

B) Not for as big, geographically a country

K.. see you keep syaing the same thing..and I keep asking you WHY you don't feel it would work for 300 millin as opposed to 30 million.. or based on geography.

Do you suddently think we will have NO hospitals, NO DOCTORS to handle the populations.. your argument here makes no sense..
AGain.. we've all agreed that "pools" drive down cost.. bigger the pool, lower the cost.. a pool of 300 million is a VERY LARGE pool!

Geography.. do you suddently think hospitas will vanish into thin air. We have the same geography in a PHI system now with hospitals and all! What makes you think that is going to change..

Again.. FEAR and EXCUSES.. where is YOUR basis for this argument!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
It is my OPINION.. based onFACTS.. Just look at hte UK plan.
Your opinion - good

But, to base it on one countries plan - a country no where similar to the United States in population, geographic size or in demographics is foolish IMO

There is no way that we can emulate the UK model in this country. Everything above (population etc) prevents it.

Yes, if a UHI scheme were developed, ideas from the UK might be utilized or considered.

But you, and your posts show this clears, are presuming that we can mirror their plan.

I can tell you that you are flat out wrong.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
yeah.. and your point is? I didn't mention Canada I mentioned the UK.
Because - once again, you presume that if we were to adopt a UHI - it would mirror the UK -

And, you have no way of determining that

Old 02-05-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Again.. FEAR and EXCUSES.. where is YOUR basis for this argument!
Nope - pure logic.

Your view point is myopic - it does not take in the realities of the United States in so many respects -

Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Because - once again, you presume that if we were to adopt a UHI - it would mirror the UK -

And, you have no way of determining that

Why wouldn't you mirror something that is working..

Again.. you keep mentioning szie and population.. I don't see WHERE That is afactor.. you are not telling me WHY it is a factor..

Again.. I ask you..

OUr system is not overloaded NOW! We go to the hospital, we get treated.. sometiems, yes sometimes we have to wait for a bed, but we get one..but for the most part there is no problem now with the number of hospitals, dr's etc.

Switching to a UHI WILL NOT CHANGE THAT. Disease and illness is not about color race , creed or even socio economic status. We are all PEOPLE.. People get sick, people need treatment that saves their life! Where does the ethnic make up play a factor here..

if you say one nationality has more of x disease than the other.. that's just silly.. because EVERY nationality has some form of something more genetically possible.. but it also crosses lines.. as many couples are interacially married.. so that excuse is just silly.. really silly!

Again..when you don't back it up with a WHY it is just FEAR and another excuse..

I really do not want to go back and forthwith you.. because you keep saying the same thing but NOT backing it up!

Your plan has NO MODEL of ANYTHING it followed.. ACCEPT SOMETHING THAT IS ALREADY BROKEN.. talk about banging your head against a wall.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Nope - pure logic.

Your view point is myopic - it does not take in the realities of the United States in so many respects -

again..you fail to explain the logic.. because YOUR excuse is NOT logically.. and you are NOT backing it up..

just another EXCUSE!! to protect you from something you FEAR!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies